GH: December 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

He's doing good, not perfect, but he's trying, more than Guza, Pratt or any other HW has done in recent years. Ron is miles better on GH than he ever was on OLTL.

I just wish some would stop being so damn close-minded when it comes to anything RC, no one's saying kiss his arse or anything, but keep an open mind, which it's obvious some don't want too cause they might have to give RC praise for something they'll like

If that's drinking kool-aid then so be it

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because I believe there are more exciting and compelling ways to let me know that

. That's all. Again, it has nothing to do with Felix, his sexuality, how he pays his way through school, or anything else we've been talking about.

• Members
and they have been utilizing other ways. We had that big picture of her at the end of the show and Sabrina has mentioned her several times. The Nurses Ball talk has been the big anvil on that. I didnt even think that Felix randomly pulling out lipstick had anythign to do with that until someone mentioned it here. It was very subtle and didnt scream of

lipstick and applied a brand to it, then that would be a different story

• Members

Someone mentioned that Felix has the same last name as Billy Dee's character on Night Shift. It's frustrating being teased by the potential gold mine of s/l there. Daytime's (television's??) first black father/gay son relationship is an extraordinary opportunity.

• Members

Honestly, Cheap, I felt as if all that played like some weird product placement deal that

had worked out with GH. You know, like Campbell's Soup and ALL MY CHILDREN and ONE LIFE TO LIVE during their Heart Healthy Week (or whatever)? I halfway expected the show to run mock ads during commercial breaks, too.

But seriously, none of that you've mentioned really has me excited about what's coming up. Don't get me wrong: I'm excited, but I feel as if the build-up -- all of the build-up -- should have been bigger. Much bigger.

• Members

Very well said. Life is just too vast and gray to represent everyone on a soap opera. The most we can hope for is that they at least try.

I kind of rolled my eyes when they managed to give Felix a line about show tunes too, perhaps laying it on a little too thick. But I'd be lying if I said that I didn't know a gay man who obsesses over talks about musicals. There's always going to be that fine line between stereotyping and authenticity.

All in all, I found Felix harmless and inoffensive. Let's see if he even lasts long enough to warrant the fuss.

Some folks disagree with me when I talk about my desire for black characters who talk or act a certain way beyond what we typically see on soaps. What I'm always trying to get at relates to what R. says above. People may share a race or a sexuality, but there's no one way to be that race or sexuality, and I don't think I'm trying to promote stereotypes by hoping to see a wider spectrum of people represented on screen.

• Members
Im surpised they didnt become an item bc there definetly was seeds planted before Robin even died. If he was just starting to date now and getting closer to Liz, probably would also make for a stronger story when Robin does return. Who cares about Brit and Sabrina fighting over him. Liz could have been a good choice to get Lucy back considering her past involvement with the NB

Links?

Archived