B&B: Character Killed off

• Members

I'm sick of the Sonny pimping that SOD does. That photo of Maurice is awful! He looks like a monkey. OKay, so Genie Francis coming back to GH is really big. Soily breaking up? Umm...who gives a damn?? I could have lived w/ the little title bar saying that Laura's returning to GH, and then the B&B cover. But why the hell did they have to add Soily?? It's just stupid.

SOD has awful covers. It makes my Photoshop jobs look decent. First off, they have an obviously airbrushed pic of Soily next to a nice, professional looking photo of Genie Francis. Then, they take two professional photos of Taylor and Stephanie and add three crappy photos of Thorne, Darla (who still looks good nonetheless), and Ridge.

LOL at Ridge on the cover. His facial expression is hilarious! But we know it's not going to be Ridge who croaks b/c the title says "TRAGIC death!" Ridge's death would not be tragic at all, except maybe to Stephanie and Brooke. The real tragedy is that Ridge is still on the show.

Days should definitely snatch up DH. I would suggest GH too, but I wouldn't wish that on any actor, not even Ronn Moss.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B is only #2 b/c it follows Y&R in most affiliates. If B&B switched timeslots w/ ATWT or GL, those shows' ratings would skyrocket and B&B would fall significantly. Last week, however, the other three CBS soaps increased, but B&B flatlined. Usually, it's all-or-nothing w/ the CBS soaps. So maybe the tide is turning against the show. I know a lot of people are fed up w/ it.

I have a love/hate relationship w/ B&B. I only started watching it after AW was cancelled on NBC b/c it's 30 minutes and comes on before ATWT, but Bradley Bell is definitely losing it. It's like he doesn't even care. I think Bell would wake up if the show dipped below 3.0, but I definitely don't want to see the show get cancelled.

• Members

Eh, just depends on what week you look at. There have been times when B&B has gone up and Y&R hasn't. I doubt Brad Bell is feeling much pressure, as the show is having a slightly, it seems, better year ratings wise than it did last year (although not as much this summer).

• Members

For me, this storyline may be the only thing that would get my interest, because I'm beyond sick of Brooke/Nick/Ridge and Bridget/Dante/Felicia....That's all we see. Either Nick bullying Brooke to leave Forrester and throw a fit like the drama queen that he is, or we are seeing Bridget whining about Dante, then looking at Nick like she wants him back ever five minutes.

• Members

I was speaking in general terms. It's rare that Y&R dips while the rest increase. Overall, I do think that B&B success in the ratings depends on Y&R.

B&B is just stale right now, and unlike most soaps where when the HW gets bad, they hire a new one, that will never happen on B&B. So where's the hope? That Bradley will wake up, or that the Bell family will ban together and throw him out? B/c both are looking pretty bleak to me.

• Members

Hehehe. I think I'd pay to see this unfold on television.

CBS presents a special episode of THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL: The Real Life Drama of the Bell Family.

Tight closeups of Brad Bell's face as Lee, Lauralee, and Bill Jr. tell Brad that he is being replaced as Head-Writer.

• Members

Yeah I am happy too. I loved the show a few years ago but the last few years has been hard for me to tune in so I don't anymore unless a big story is going on. I still follow it like I do all shows. I will check to see how this unfolds though.

I don't want no show cancelled but OLTL, GH, and B&B need to fall so changes are made like that of Days and AMC. Those 3 shows need major help because they are so lost right now IMO.

• Members

Fiurst, I'm still pissed that they're killing off Darla.

But has anyone seen the preview clip from CBS for next week? It is CREEPY, really DARK... Should get a fabulous week even for sad reasons. I just hope that nuPhoebe can act.

BTW: Daniel McVicar is back as Clarke Garrison Sr. for a limited number of episodes.

• Members

I just saw the promo for the week. Phoebe is in town and she's out at night and some strange creepy looking man is near her. She calls Taylor for help. Taylor races off to go find her and it looks like thats how she crashes into Darla, killing her. I was so worried that she would do it in a drunken state. The show actually looks good for this week

Archived