b&b casting changes!!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 29 2006, 09:31 PM)

That is a big mistake, he's one of their best actors. All Brad Bell does with his stories is go in circles. B&B is slower than Passions to me. It's awful, the worse piece of garbage on TV because they have one of the most talented casts, best production values, yet it's all wasted. It's the # fricking 2 soap and they don't try AT ALL.

I agree. It used to be so good. Now it's just painful to watch. And I'm tired of him blaiming the 30 minute format for its cast & story problems. I watch Home & Away, an australian soap via the internet every day. They currently have a contract cast of 20, 3 heavily recurring stars, 3 regular background characters (we just recently lost 2 contract actors, and 2 recurring stars in the last 3 weeks with the conclusion of two major storylines). They don't have any of the problems B&B seems to. Neither do the UK soaps. They know how to cycle actors from day to day to focus multiple stories. And every episode progresses either the story, or something with the character's personal development. They move quickly and do not have filler episodes. Why can't B&B learn from this to properly utilize their format??

regarding Stefano coming back ... NO! Not yet!

The show is so not in the right place to go down the DiMera road again. Let Hogan build things back up for a few months first. I'm sure Steffy will be back, as Hogan loved James Stenbeck. But I really don't want it to be for a while, and I want it to be short visits.

• Members

I would love if whoever the new head writer is brings back Tony and Stephano together they had great chemistry and were awsome actors...just dont make Tony or Stephano cartoons who controll every aspect of the lives of people in Salem....who to get rid of to make room for Stephano

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of those rumors become reality. Mario Lopez is just bland and the character's fate was shortlived from the get-go. He won't be missed at all by anyone. I never understood why he got a contract in the first place. Adios, muchacho!

I still hope that Schae Harrison will stay, though. As it was already said, it's just a shame that Darla & Thorne haven't gotten a storyline in ages since they are probably one of the most beloved couples on CBS these days...

Finally, as for Joe Mascolo: DAYS fans take him, you get him him for free - from me at least. For some bizarre reason Bradley is a huge fan of his so I doubt he'll be going recurring. :rolleyes: I on the other hand could never stand actor and/or character one bit. They are wasted money and screentime, IMO.

• Members

I agree, which is why I can't see Stefano back in the picture.

A lot of cast would have to be cut to afford Joe Mascolo.

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 29 2006, 10:04 PM)

It's fast in that the stories are dropped left and right, but if you look, they go back and do the same thing over and over again. Just look at Brooke, Ridge and now Nick. I can't express how sick I am of these three.

BTW, how is Stephano's relationship with Lexie? I would love to see Lexie/Stephano and Celeste as a powerful family on the show.

Brad Bell needs to suck it up and let someone else do the writing. I quit this show a couple of years ago because I got tired of watching the Brooke show.

Joe Mascolo playing Massimo made me cringe. He will never be anyone but Stefano.

Brad Bell has said there will be a new story for Massimo coming up. I guess he's scared that Days will try and steal Joe away.

• Members

If JER was still at DAYS as HW, I would say that Mascolo returning to DAYS was probable. However now that it's a fact that HS is coming to the show as HW, I'm not to sure. Though telling from his tenure on ATWT, he likes characters like the one Mascolo played on DAYS. (How many times was James Stenback brought back?)

• Members

I agree....B&B is going downhill fast.

I'm sick of the endless circles of the SAME storylines....Eric & Stephanie break up & hate each other only to get back together.......Ridge and Brooke proclaiming their endless love only to have one of them dump the other for someone else then try to win them back. YUCK!!

It's too bad that they are possibly getting rid of the Massimo character....if written correctly, there is a lot of potential storyline there, with his history with Steph, Ridge being his son, his rivalry with Eric, Nick and Jackie. :(

• Members

Hmm, I'm curious if Joe has mellowed after his mistreatment at B&B. Maybe he'd love Days just enough (because he was neve ront he backburner) that he'd be willing to come for less money. Not by much, I'm sure.

• Members

The SOD Insider confirms Mario Lopez's departure. I kept the other comings/goings for those interested:

Dear Readers,

If you've checked out our Web site (www.soapoperadigest.com), then you already know Genie Francis is going to return to GENERAL HOSPITAL as Laura this fall, for what's expected to be a limited run. That's the good news. Not so good are the latest round of cast cuts, which has at least one show on edge wondering who's next. ALL MY CHILDREN's Jill Larson (Opal) and Tonya Pinkins (Livia) have been taken off contract, and "People are walking around going, What's going on? What have you heard?" reports one setsider. Over on BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL, Mario Lopez (Christian) will disappear soon. There were high hopes for the SAVED BY THE BELL hunk when he joined B&B in March, but truth be told, neither the actor nor the character caught on. So chalk that up to a show cutting its losses, not slashing its budget. For more casting news, look for your new Digest!

• Members

That sucks about Mario.

As for Massimo, he was such a useless character IMO. First off, they ruined everything by making Ridge his son, and of course, he is Popeye's dad too. :rolleyes: When Massimo leaves, he should take his loser sons w/ him.

I think that anyone can tell that Bradley's in trouble. IMO, he should step down as HW and continue as the exec. producer. It's obvious that he's out of storylines to tell. He should let someone else step in and create storylines, and he'll still have control of the show.

Archived