Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Weekdays at 12:30 p.m. ET/11:30 a.m. PT on CBS.
Stream Live and On Demand on Paramount+

Y&R: Jamey Giddens & Dan O'Connor named co-head writers

Featured Replies

  • Replies 369
  • Views 57.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • To be quite honest, I am both mortified and oddly happy for Jamey and the show at the same time. IIRC Jamey is devoted to Y&R and I believe he has been since he was very young. I heard him complai

  • titan1978
    titan1978

    Excited or not about this news, I think we should all enjoy this moment. Daytime has had ratings wins this year. BTG is solid and got a two year renewal and a great showing with Emmy noms. Y&R has

  • AbcNbc247
    AbcNbc247

    A little reminder of Jamey Giddens at his best Good luck, Y&R fans. Be prepared for constant stupid jokes, constant campy bitchfights, for everybody to become fans of Carl Ivati and for Nikki and

Posted Images

  • Member
3 minutes ago, janea4old said:

I remember Jamey writing/blogging/tweeting an idea.

This was earlier in the relationship of Devon and Hilary, when they were first interested in one another, but after Devon became a billionaire.
(somewhere in that time vicinity, I forget exactly when). But this was when Hilary was still scrappy, poor, wanting to achieve, find success, etc. and was even grifting a bit. (Sorry this was long ago, I don't remember the details, just the energy of it).

Jamey suggested that Devon move into Chancellor mansion -- and that Hilary would desire to become the lady of the manor -- and this would make Hilary the new Jill, from scrappy to wealthy. He worded it much much better than that, but it resonated with me.

That would have been so good. I got the feeling that’s where Sally Sussman was starting to take the Hillary character at one point too. It’s not too late to revisit this idea though, Jamey Giddens. Wink wink nudge nudge.

  • Member

Zuleyka Silver has potential. Audra has been given so many back stories already-past with Noah, and Holden, and Tucker but there is a major opportunity to reset the character.

  • Member

I'd just bring Hilary back if I was him. Unless Sony or CBS veto it (and I am sure Dru/VR has been discussed and possibly shut down), who's to stop it?

Edited by Vee

  • Member

The really deep Y&R lore on Jamey and his take on the show comes from the old DC podcast or his old, often deranged tweets. But he was still often right about the show lol. It's when he started talking about GH or OLTL (which he freely admitted he barely watched or took notice of until Ron arrived, which always infuriated me) that he'd be way off-track.

He also did a pretty good Victor impression that has been stuck in my head for years.

Edited by Vee

  • Member
4 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

I can forgive Jamey if he Dr. Rolf’s Hilary. Sometimes you need to make use of those break-in-case-of-emergency moments and Y&R is there.

They brought Diane back from the dead and viewers didn't mind, so there's recent precedent.

  • Member

Edited by janea4old

  • Member

I think someone said Sarah is retired from acting but I'd still like seeing her try Y&R (if she would be hired at CBS).

  • Member
Just now, DRW50 said:

They brought Diane back from the dead and viewers didn't mind, so there's recent precedent.

Hell, let’s bring back Keemo and Colleen while we’re at it.

  • Member

I like that Jamey Giddens has a big social media presence and actively engages with the community of soap fans. He has a real love for the genre and the craft. That being said, I’ve never seen or experienced any of his writing other than his twitter and podcasts he has been on.

  • Author
  • Member
4 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Kim Zimmer as Dr. Casey Reed!

I would not object to this. Or even... looks around a Genieve Atkinson recast (if she were retooled a bit).

1 minute ago, Faulkner said:

Hell, let’s bring back Keemo and Colleen while we’re at it.

I'm all for Keemo coming back. However, Victor has Colleen's heart, so it'd be a major history rewrite, and I would want to avoid those as much as possible. Griffith loved those, especially in the last few years.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 2

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.