The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

Hey all. Sorry I have not been around much lately. I've been going through some personal issues and haven't really been in a great frame of mind. I am just trying to enjoy the Tracy moments the next week and a half we have coming up. I have a feeling we won't be getting too much focus after next week and it is back to all mob all the time.

On a positive note, at least I was not diagnosed with Asthma today which is good, but I may be getting walking pneumonia so I am on an antibiotic, etc and inhaled steroid.

I feel totally fine though just coughing like crazy.

I will say this...although we are not pleased with Tony's acting choices in how he is playing this storyline with no emotion with Tracy like he is phoning it in, we know that TG has said that JE would never let him phone it in with her and would slap him from here to next Tuesday if he doesn't bring his A game. She said recently how they work together on the phone the night before and love to squeeze every last bit of juice out of their scenes together. This leads me to believe that they have made a conscious choice together to play it this way for whatever reason.

All we can do is continue to call, write, email....lobby for Tracy's point of view, for strong female characters in multi-generational perspectives...say this show needs a matriach type diva==every other soap has one.

I am also saying how I like strong Tracy coming through and getting her backbone back.

Supposedly she is getting a positive buzz for being back on screen so much. Let's keep it up!!

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh sweetie, I knew you were off but I didn't know you were dealing with this. I hope you get better soon.

Oh good point - she would bust him ten ways from Sunday if he phoned it in. I often wonder if he understands Tracy's porcupine nature so well that there are ways to approach her, and being lovey wouldn't fly right now. She respects truth far more than sentiment, and he's giving her that truth. We might what the cuddles and the 'sweethearts' and the ILYs and the kisses, but Tracy would call it crap and want the hard cold reality.

• Members

"I will say this...although we are not pleased with Tony's acting choices in how he is playing this storyline with no emotion with Tracy like he is phoning it in, we know that TG has said that JE would never let him phone it in with her and would slap him from here to next Tuesday if he doesn't bring his A game. She said recently how they work together on the phone the night before and love to squeeze every last bit of juice out of their scenes together. This leads me to believe that they have made a conscious choice together to play it this way for whatever reason."

Good cal Hooked!!!! I agree with this. I have to say, I think we need to just see how this plays out. Maybe we will see a reasonf ro all the choices he is making.

Plus, TG has said over and over that as long as he is given good stories to play he will stick around. If people are calling for him the way they are for Tracy and (god help me) Laura, we may be ok with him staying. I also think it may be partly a threat on his part to amp up the writing and get it out of this half-a$$ed trend they've been on for a few years now.

Hooked- hold the meds make you feel better at least!

• Members

Thanks. The medical stuff is the least of my problems unfortunately!

Anyway, I hope something improves because I am searching for a "throw under the bus emoticon" for what GH is doing to Lunacy fans.

Hope today is good with Tracy. I am liking her getting her Q on...

Knh--I think it is pretty much all about announced that Tony is going out to pasture!

Notice all the references to riding off into the sunset lately?

• Members

No asthma is definitely good! Congrats! You have my complete sympathy- I just got over a 3-week bout of asthmatic bronchitis and it SUCKED! I have never coughed so much in my life. And it was the first time I've been on an antibiotic in quite a few years. I hope you feel better soon. :) Drink tea with honey!

Edited by missjane

• Members

Today's Recaps (Wednesday, November 12th)

STATS

Vets: Mac, Tracy, Laura, Luke

Kisses: face-kissing goodbye, not tonsil hockey between LnL

Stories: Tracy smacks down Laura; Carly giving Sonny an alibi; Jason rescues Sam; Jerry goes boom (we didn't see the explosion); screamers say goodbye to Laura

Line of the Day: "...and best of all, Luke doesn't have to be the hero - he can be himself!"

Sc. 1 - Laura tells Tracy not to underestimate her because she will fight for what's hers. Tracy walks casually away with her drink saying Luke isn't Laura's - she missed that during her recovery, obviously. (there was more but Zion pitched a fit).

Sc. 2 - Laura asks Tracy if she thinks Luke would be better without her. Tracy says she does, she's heard all the stories about the great Luke and Laura and that makes her want to gag - but that's another conversation. Laura says something stupid and Tracy says that's not the story? Because as far as she understands, Laura wanted the house and the white picket fence and Luke wanted to run away. Laura challenges that Tracy will never understand her relationship with Luke, and can't understand why Tracy thinks her relationship with Luke works. So Tracy says fine, she'll tell her. They are both cynics, they have an appreciation for the absurd, they keep each other interested, it's not the mutual obsession that Luke and Laura shared, but it works for Tracy and the trade off for Luke is he doesn't have to be the hero, he gets to be himself. Laura looks stung and says okay, and turns away then back. Then tells Tracy not to kid yourself, Luke will always love Laura, but thanks Tracy for her time. Tracy told her everything she wants to hear, and so she will be leaving now. Once she's gone Tracy covers her face with her hands and dissolves into tears.

Sc. 3 - Sitting on the sofa beside Lulu, Tracy asks why she's there. Lulu says she's there to talk to Tracy about Luke. Tracy tells her it's not her business. Lulu says she's in the room and she's going to have her say. She thanks Tracy for getting through to her father to have the surgery. Tracy brought her dad back to life and she wants to thank her. Tracy sarcastically says, "but.... don't let the door hit you on the way out". Lulu says no, that's not what she means at all. She says Tracy can't hold a candle to Laura. Tracy interrupts and says she's heard that song before. Lulu just smiles kindly at her and continues, saying when Tracy first married her father she hated it, but she's come to know Tracy and understand the place she holds in Luke's life. Tracy wonders where she's going with all of this. Lulu says she just wants Tracy to understand how much she means to all of them, and is wondering how she's going to be when Luke goes with Laura. Tracy smiles back and says thank you for your concern, but Luke has changed and she's now the perfect woman for him. Lulu looks surprised, saying Tracy sounds very confident in herself. Tracy then says they'll all just have to see, won't they.

Meanwhile Laura returns home and asks Lucky to find Nick and Lulu, she wants a family meeting. Lucky goes off and Laura turns to Luke saying she has been to see his wife, and it's safe to say that she and Tracy understand each other. Luke says obviously because she's still standing. Laura shoots back that so is Tracy, and she's made if very clear she's not handing Luke over. Luke, annoyed, says no one is in the position to hand him over to anybody. So the only question is what do we do about us. Laura looks resigned.

Sc. 4 - no Tracy; Laura says there's no doubt in her mind that if she went to the mat with Tracy over Luke, she would win. She says the bond is still there between them and with time it would flare up again. But now isn't the time for them. She says Tracy made a really good point, saying Luke has changed and moved on. Laura says it's time for her to do the same. The screamers come and Laura tells them she's going to pursue her therapy and see if there's something permanent out there for her. She wants the shot at a real life so she's going to France to see what can happen. Luke smiles at her understandingly.

Sc. 5 - no Tracy; Lucky wishes her well, and Laura says her old life is lost to her but she can make a new life. Lucky asks about Luke, and Laura says he's married to someone else now and she wishes him well. Laura says she's got to accept that because life doesn't freeze, you have to roll with the punches. Lucky tells Laura about Sam, and offers for them to visit her in France. Later Nicholas comes in and he's made all arrangements for France, and he has his goodbye scene.

Sc. 6 - no Tracy; Lulu's turn - they talk about Johnny ;) , and other stuff. Luke comes in and asks if she's ready to go. Nicholas offers to fly them all to Paris for a visit, and Laura requests 'all the significant others and all the children - they'll show Paris what the Spencer Invasion is about'. Then Luke takes her suitcases and follows her out of the house. (He's pretty emotionless, actually - has been throughout the day except when he got annoyed with Laura 'handing' him over and smiled when she decides to focus on her recovery.)

On tarmac, Luke stands with Laura. Laura says he hasn't said a word. Luke says he's at a loss, she comes and goes and comes and goes.... Laura says that's why Paris so she can stick around for awhile. She continues to say it does her heart good to see that Luke is so peaceful. If Tracy Quartermaine has done that for him, then she's grateful. Luke says she's very generous and what she said about the bond still holds, so, IF SHE NEEDS HIM TO GO TO FRANCE WITH HER HE WILL GO.

Sc. 7 - Laura says wow, he hasn't lost his skill with the curve ball. Luke says he's spent a lifetime dragging her from hell and back and he owes her. Laura asks what he'd do in France - he has nothing in France for him. So Luke asks what she needs from him. Laura says she wants him to be well. Luke says he'll try to do that for her, and if she needs him... Laura interrupts and says she'll try really hard to not do that. The kiss each other's faces a bit. She says she loves him, then Laura turns to leave. Luke calls after her and asks if the treatment works, will she come back? Laura shrugs her shoulders and turns to leave. Luke sighs as he watches her go, then says "Good-bye, my Angel". On the plane Laura looks out the window. Scott comes in through the curtain. Laura obviously senses someone is on the plane with her and she slowly turns to face him but it's FTB before she sees who it is. (Note: Luke didn't say 'will you come back to me?')

My opinion: We've been vindicated. Tracy is the winner and Luke made his decision long before today. Tracy may doubt it, but Laura knows the truth. No one decided anything for Luke - and Laura's choice was not to push it.

• Members

I know but please don't kill my dream?!

edit: fave line of the day... "Personally, it makes me puke, but that's another conversation."

Loved that.

Also loved Lulu with Tracy today. What I heard from it (and what I know she will never say but I really REALLY want her to) was "since they are my parents I will always want them to get back together, but if he were just another person I would think you are right. You are perfect together." She's said it in her own way more than once, and seeing as she is Laura's daughter I love that she is willing to say, but not say, that.

OK, off to a prject graduation decoration committy (yes, way too many people vaulunteered me for that so I can't get out of it) meeting for my sister's class. #3 of the 4 is graduating this year. Oddly enough she wants to go to the school I am looking at for grad school. Quite the coinky-dink. I know, I just went a little Barney on everyone, but once in a while it slips.

Edited by knh

• Members

I don't know... After watching today, I feel like both sides lost.

Unpopular opinion, but I didn't like the 2-second cry scene. Maybe they cut it too soon, but it seemed fake to me. She does quiet sadness better IMO; like that scene with Lulu. You could hear it in Tracy's voice and see it in her eyes, and it seemed more real.

nex, I'm not sure if I thanked you for those clips, so if I didn't, thanks! Must have taken forever to edit all of that.

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

I don't know how popular or unpopluar it is but I did love that. I think the problem was that it looked cut. I think it was a little like... remember the day he came home before the last sweeps with the explosion? When she had the brown jacket with the fur (sidenote... anyone notice this was the only sweeps in quite a while with no fur! even if I did like the brown one). Anyway he had come in and I don't remember everything word for word but she didn't believe he was committed to her and it was one of the more or less ILYs of his. I think it was the if this marriage ends it will be your decision... ball's in your court scene. She did the trying to hold it together till he left thing and then she cried a bit. Again I think the big problem was that they cut it. They definately cut something b/c Laura leaves and the next scene Lulu is already in the room, sitting on the couch and Tracy is going to talk to her? When did Lulu orb herself in there?

edit cuz I'm watching again and now I get to watch all the scenes instead of just JE's:

First of all, just about the cry again: I think, kind of the same when she's with Lulu and telling her anything, I think she is sure he loves her and that she can fight with the best of 'em but when she says it it probably feels to her like she's trying to convince everyone which means she needs to convince herself. It you believe in your heart it's true than who cares if others do.... so she is sounding damned convincing to everyone else but once Laura left the cry wa so we know how worried she is that it may not really work out for her.

Deux: WTH was with Laura when she went back to see Luke?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! and that's a big WHT. "I have no doubt that if I went to the mat with Tracy over you I'd win" wake up and smell the phyciatric meds Laura! You so wouldn't

Edited by knh

• Members

Finally got home and watched. How great to see JE have something to work with for a change! Loved the "we'll see" moment with Lulu. You could just feel her pain and hope and dread right there. Heartbreaking.

I wonder if TG had any idea how many people he was going to piss off with this story line. LuNacy fans are pissed. Lnl-ers are pissed. Who's left? This whole thing was just a BAD IDEA! They really should have just kept Laura in Lulu's head.

*Hope you are feeling better Hooked. As a life long asthmatic,I feel your pain!*

Time to write some letters and call the comment lines.

• Members

You feel vindicated?

I feel pissed on.

More accurately: I feel like I've been robbed and now the robber is standing in front of me saying, 'what are you talking about? I didn't rob you!'

It's noncommittal BULLSH!T. I'm a bit outraged.

We still haven't seen the Luke/Tracy scene in the Q mansion that was posted on the abcmedia photos page. It's the one where they are standing sort of close, and look "connected." Also, there was a close up of Luke looking admirable in the Q mansion, and we haven't seen that either. Could we see them tomorrow? I am hoping for a scene where he goes to her and tells her his "choice." BARF!!!!!!!!!!

It's going to be sad for me, really. What should be joyous will be sad, because this was NO CHOICE. This was apathetic BULLSH!T.

I agree both sides lost. DEFINITELY AGREE.

About the 2second cry -- I disagree. She never cries. NEVER let's out emotion that way. The fact that she did it, and then she sort of stiffled it was HUGE, and it tugged at my heartstrings BIG!

• Members

woah, woah, woah, hold up a little bit. We still have to see Tracy kick his sorry a$$ out and "end" the marriage! Even if we wanted it to if it all went our way right now we would never get the chance to see that which we were led to believe are some great scenes for JE. No one else was ever mentioned in regards to that, it was never said that they are great scenes for the ensemble so I'm thinking should be great and we'd miss out if we got too much too soon. Just keep it in mind and don't get to let down ... yet!!!

Night everyone