Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hey all...this is pretty interesting in terms of writing in, who to write to, etc...and strategies...both of these insiders are completely legit sources...

I wonder if we should be posting on the ABC messageboards every day starting Tracy threads and Tracy/Luke threads..

Chatup~

I'm not discouraging anyone from writing but Sweeney and Iger are not the most effective approaches

What's your advice, chatup? What should viewers do if they want change for GH?

Frons is the way in. Deluge his mail box with well written, thoughtful letters. Leave articulate messages on his voicemail.

And then get in the habit of naming and shaming. Write to the magazines and express your displeasure. When enough critical mass of letters comes in, they will have to publish and it could force them into writing a story.

--------------------

May I step into the discussion about letters and response of GH. I would recommend writing letters with a general theme supplemented by specific examples. For example, if you are concerned with the level of violence against women. State your case by including plot points within various storylines. If you are concerned with mob v. medical, cite missed opportunities to feature a broader cast and storyline.

F.A.F.

I understand your concern about criticque being perceived as buzz. I would suggest refraining from comments about third parties in storylines.

There are a wide variety of individuals (cast, crew, production and writing) that monitor the message boards. You are aware that news organizations are supporting their newscasts with streaming video, blogs, IMs, Facebook, MySpace, etc. This type of "instant" feedback is cheap and informative (I would argue only for short term). GH's venture include ABC message boards, Robin's blog and Claudia's Facebook page.

F.A.F.

I concur with you as to missed opportunities within the HIV pregnancy storyline. There are many have noted the same behind the scenes. I would suggest the creative limitations among the writing team which fosters third party angst. I would cite the repetitive nature of Sonny and Kate's storyline with the introduction of Olivia and long lost son, Dante.

F.A.F.

I would recommend expanding the recipient list of correspondence to include soap mags, blogs, executives. Frons is more receptive to correspondence, then others. He often uses the correspondence to support certain ventures. For example, NightShift was fostered by the response (largely correspondence) to the pairing of Robin and Patrick.

F.A.F.

• Members
Nope. I actually have that one. Thank you though! Do you by chance have 9-4-08? I just did a transcript search, and it includes this short scene with Alan:

Alan: So, are you happy now?

Tracy: It's not my fault that Baldwin decided to forge documents so it looks like his son was a cop.

Alan: You said you wanted Lulu away from Johnny at any cost. Does that include his death?

Tracy: Shut up.

[Tracy clears throat]

hooked, that was funny, thanks!

Did you see this at SoapDish from QFan about the hair?

:lol:

• Members

Thanks funny I will!

Here are some spoilers GOS...

Nikolas, Lucky, Lulu bond after letting Luke know they are joining the chase for Laura as well

Thanks! What is Luke/Laura's first confrontation like? Like what's the tone?

Let's just say Laura isn't too happy with Luke abandoning their daughter. I have to leave but i'll stop by tomorrow.

Nadine joins Nikolas on the Spencer Family adventure. Her plan is what finally gets Laura back with her family and heading back to PC.

Wow. Thanks. Anything on Lucky and Sam?

Quote:

Lucky is involved the Spencer drama but Laura sends him home on the 10th so he can sort things out with Sam because you don't get very many second chances with love.

Hey FoJMMF!

I wanted to ask you a question..you mentioned yesterday Tracy would continue in both the Q and Spencer storyline..

Is there any tiny Q storyline coming up or do you just mean she will be part of the typical once a month Q filler stuff?

Thanks!

Can you say if Tracy stays for the Spencer adventure, or does she just help Luke find Laura and then leave?

Spumor has it Edward is in a scene but it sounded like throw-away filler

Last I heard Tracy is part of the Spencer adventure -- which I was given to believe the adventure is to find Laura.

they are keeping the Spencer adventure pretty sealed.

FoJMMF

yep

*passes Tracyfan a double chocolate tim tam*

I know you didn't like Tracy's no do ... but it kinda made me think of Bette Davis ...

the problem right now is I can't get spillage on what happens after they find Laura with Scotty -- you might want to ask about what goes on with Laura and Scotty and will they show it

as well as how do the Spencers find them.

FoJMMF

Edited by hookedongh

• Members

Hey guys, at my church retreat. Didn't realize they had internet available.

Spoilers sound good - I've just scaned them, so I might have missed something.

My husband calls in the middle of the morning to the Emergency line saying he's done something bad to my computer. 1: what he was doing with my computer is beyond me, and B: what he thinks I can do 2 hours away is beyond me.

I just hope it's fine or my recapping will come to a very swift end. :angry:

Hope you are all doing well.

• Members

Evening SD,

Just popping in to tell you guys, CALL IN IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL CONCERNING THE SHOW!

If you don't like rumors on-line about sweeps CALL IN.

If you hate the plot point driven storytelling, the misuse of vets and the pathetic portrayals of women, PLEASE CALL IN AND WRITE. Don't confine your calls to B. G. or BF but expand your efforts. If you are a woman and have watched an ABCD soap for most of your life and you are ready to break the habit because of what you see on your screen, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CALL IN AND WRITE.

If you hate that the some of the best actresses in daytime JE and NLG aren't getting the screen time, because they aren't shown in bikini's sexing up their male counterparts, please for heavens sake call in.

If you loved JI and miss him, please call in.

If you are a mother and hate how they are portraying mom's on GH then please call in.

Sorry but I'm doing some work here at home this evening and I doubt I'll be posting on Tuesday. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make your feelings about the show very clear. For the very first time in GH the suits are willing to intercede and change things to prevent the sinking of their daytime shows.

Thanks for your time,

please forgive the rant but I consider myself a fan, a little bit of a feminist and think you guys generally for all the snide shark digs, are educated well informed and for the most part well intentioned and like myself you love the daytime genre as much as I do. I also think you all expect and want better storytelling.

Goodnight.

Thanks Lil Sharks!

Edited by hookedongh

• Members

I am posting this separately!

I am writing in and calling more for Tracy! We all should!! Especially while Tony's situation is so up in the air!

Frons

818-460-7020

GH comment line

323-671-4583

Be rational when you leave a message and talk about Tracy and the Qs and how much they mean to the show!

Ah TracyFan,

did I not tell you that you would enjoy Tracy, how did you like her bargaining with Edward and her talk with Luke?

I am so happy she is back onscreen that I don't even care how wacky the hijinks are and how bad her hair looks (LOL)

THanks for the heads up! I am hoping there is some more good stuff coming up with the Laura storyline. I hope JE/GF get to share a scene or two but that might be too much to hope for!!!

No it isn't. I deal directly with issues of fans letters and calls. I told you guys in July/Aug if you wanted to see more Q's write, clearly and concisely why you loved them, what they brought to the show, and what you'd like to see more of. There were many calls into Prospect about them, other vets (JJY) and at that time BH. Most of SD laughed at the time. I also told you TracyFan that Luke would tell Tracy he loved her and she was it for him in Aug. Jane is a particular favorite of mine along with Nancy, similar ages, feminist leanings, we are of age when we remember how things used to be. Jane is not only a lady but incredibly loyal and one of the most professional people I've ever encountered anywhere in any capacity.

You will be pleased with what's coming up for her, but if you want it to continue PLEASE CALL AND WRITE.

Oh and the rumors about NL are too far off, I know that as of Spring 08 that B. G. had story outlines of an "Emily" return if they ever needed. I will also tell you that WK was also approached with coming back, but with B. G.'s "Z" fixation, it took a backseat. So if you love the Q's now is the time to make yourself heard. Especially with the success of NS2 and it revisiting the rich and varied history of GH. The nostalgia trip has been a true success for NS2.

Didn't intend to stay long but I am a fan too, and I love seeing women I admire and esteem getting airtime. So please forgive my pimping of Jane and Nancy.

Edited by hookedongh

• Members

Look what I found in SOW's recent (October 21, 2008) issue! JE loves working with TG, enjoys her down time, and still likes being on GH!

I hope no one already posted this or I typed it up for nothing! haha

A Closer Look: Tracy

Tracy finds a sloshed Luke in a Mexican cantina this week, and persuades him to come home. Jane Elliot gushes about her scene partner's return from summer vacation and going "back to school" herself.

Weekly: Are you happy to be working with Anthony Geary (Luke) once again?

Elliot: It's such a pleasure to have him home. We're like Lunt and Fontanne [noted stage actors Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne]; I don't mean the quality of our work, I mean the pairing. It is such a fine union, the two of us. We work on the phone, getting ready to work the next day. We'll come in early and work together. We so enjoy the process of acting together that we squeeze all the juice out of it we can. It's not that I don't enjoy working with everyone on the show; I do. But Tony and I have known each other and worked together since 1978- 30 years of acting and life mixed together, so it's very rich. I miss him when he's not here, and I'm thrilled to have him when he is.

Weekly: Did you always know the Tracy\Luke pairing would work?

Elliot: Oh, we always knew it. Tony tested for GH with Tracy because he originally tested for Mitch Williams, one of Tracy's husbands. We immediately bonded in the audition; we knew we were woven of the same cloth.

Weekly: That's the professional angle; why do Tracy and Luke work together as a character?

Elliot: Because they don't ask each other to be anything other than what they are. They're opposites, and they know they're opposites. They show each other a different way to live and they don't try to change each other. Tracy complains about his drinking and that he doesn't take care of himself because she wants him around. She wants him to be a better parent, truth be told. She doesn't want to watch somebody else do what she did.

Weekly: What were you doing while Luke was away and Tracy was on the back burner?

Elliot: Oh, it's so yummy. I just live my life like a normal person. I take care of my kids. I have one grown and gone, and one still home. I volunteer my time where I can. I get to have summers off, and then I "go back to school," although it's work, in the fall. It's a fabulous life I have.

Weekly: Any other acting gigs?

Elliot: No. Don't need 'em. This is very fulfilling. This is quite enough for me. I love being on this show.

Weekly: You mentioned volunteering- for what cause?

Elliot: At the moment, I'm working for Barack Obama- campaigning, going to swing states and talking to people; using what visibility I have to get people's attention.

A pic of Tracy with her short hair and the Mexico medianet pic at the table with Luke are shown.

Edited by missjane

• Members

Folks here is the link to ABC message boards.... http://abc.go.com/daytime/generalhospital/...b&cat=15343

I believe ABC.com's search feature is functioning again so it will be easy to find posts about Tracy/LuNacy. And of course, you can always start a lunacy thread of your own. I HAVE ALWAYS believed that ABC.com is an important site since it's ABC's own message board.

I have been writing Frons, Phelps, and Guza, for the most part, every other week. At times I even CC: Jane and Tony, so they know that fans are requesting more airtime for them.