The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

Oooh we have a spoiler:

spoiler talk:

next week Tracy tells Georgie she should focus on herself instead of her failing relationship with Dillon.

It's probably going to happen on the Christmas episode, and it might be a little five second scene, but I wonder if anything will come of it.

Hmmm.

I'd love anything that will give me a good Tracy/Dillon scene or two. :)

spoiler talk over

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Good morning/afternoon folks!

nex, thanks for the clip. Don't worry about the quality. :) My original didn't have good quality either.

TracyLuv, thanks for the feedback! Originally, the outside scene came closer to the beginning, but then I thought it worked better at the end as far as lyrics went. And then I realized, "Hey, this was the last time they were onscreen together, so it REALLY works out." LOL.

knh, many thanks for feedback! Those clips can be found at GQ Daily (I've linked you to the March 2005 archive). The one with Dillon/Tracy outside the church is a 12 second scene of them at Michael's memorial and the March 30th one is from GH where Tracy has a request for Dillon. Dates are March 14th and March 30th. Right click and save target as. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Now...

OH. MY. GOD.

It REALLY is Christmas. I found that spoiler ILoveTracyQ mentioned, and there's a *gasp* NED spoiler too. Now, he's not spending the holiday with his family, mind you, but he's ALIVE!!! And there are also TWO Bobbie spoilers. This is craziness...

SPOILER MENTIONS

_

_

_

_

_

I love the Georgie/Tracy spoiler. It's been awhile since they've shared scenes, hasn't it? That didn't involve either A) b-tching or B) other characters. I, however, will be laughing out loud if Tracy and Georgie are together in the montage "bonding" or something. And then I will think, "Aww, that's sweet." 'Cause you know Dillon is gonna be busy with Lulu. And Edward might be with Audrey or someone. Alan/Monica. Skye/Lorenzo. Ned/Alexis (courtesy of the NED spoiler that states they spend some time together on Christmas) nex!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! NEXIS!!!! *runs from ILoveTracyQ So, maybe it will be Tracy/Georgie afterall. :)

Another spoiler: Lorenzo accepts the Q's invite to spend Christmas with them. Tracy's probably gonna get to snark about this, I hope.

• Members

Ms.Q, you have just made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEXIS puts a big smile on my face :) Also, I loved your "for Good" video, I just watched it this morning. Now, I have a little favor to ask, since I am going out of town tomorrow and will not be back until Dec. 27th, do you think you will be able to post any of the Tracy/Nexis clips for me? Pretty pretty please? :D

Can I just say how relieved I am that there is a Tracy spoiler floating around out there. I was really beginning to worry. I haven't watched a single episode since she was last on the screen. I did however catch the last 10 minutes of yesterdays show this morning while getting ready for work, and Lulu/Dillion/Spinelli were all on and discussing Laura's murder case. When Lulu asked the question who else would want to murder Rick Webber they cut to Monica talking to Patrick. Now I wonder if that means that Monica is a possible suspect or the actual killer? It could be fun to see how this all plays out, maybe give the Q's an actual storyline?

• Members

nex, sure, I'll post the clips. Hopefully, it's more than 2 seconds worth. *crosses fingers*

About Laura's murder case, there's a spoiler floating around that says Spinelli believes Alan is the killer. I'd love a SL for the Q's, but what seems to happen (think AJ's return/death/return) that it becomes all about Alan and Monica, and it's like Tracy isn't even a Quartermaine anymore. :( And yes, Stuart and Leslie definitely deserve all that they get (and then some), but I would like to see Jane involved too.

About the video, smirks has a whole thread at GHVT on Tips for Creating Vids and that sort of thing. And even though I promised myself I was going to keep the effects in this video minimal, I kind of lied. :P (nex, you should check out the this thread in the Tech Support forum. There is SO much cool stuff.) Anyway, I messed around a little with the effects in "For Good." I made Tracy GREEN, Keith! GREEN! (just in the beginning of the vid). I did some cool things with foggy/edges and lighting in some places. And I also messed with pacing in some parts, and finally, I tossed in an extra clip near the beginning. So...I'm going to delete the original links and post the new ones here (as soon as I save it/upload it). You can watch whenever you get the chance.

Edit: NEW AND IMPROVED LINKS

SendSpace Link

MegaUpload Link

TracyLuv, I'll get the Coleman/Tracy clips we talked about last night up later. :)

Edit: TracyLuv, CLIPS for you!

And I can't believe I didn't wish nex a happy and safe trip!!! Have fun Julie! We're going to miss you. Will you not have internet access at all? 'Cause I got a Christmas gift for you and am wondering if I should send it now or later?

Also, Got Info has Christmas montage info, but nothing on the Q's specifically. Skye/Lorenzo. Sonny/Carly/Michael/Morgan. Alexis/Sam/Kristina/Molly. Ric alone. Lulu alone. Jason/Sam. Robin/Patrick. Nikolas/Emily (IIRC). Did I missed anyone under 50? *glares at TIIC* I better get my 2 seconds of TQ in the montage. Oh, and there's also a blizzard coming up...

SPOILER

_

_

_

_

No Tracy, but Skye/Lorenzo and Carly get stuck together. Later, Sonny joins. Blah. I want Skye/Tracy trapped, but nooooooo. *pouts*

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

and we're on the... wait for it.... 10 DAY countdown.

on the Third day of Christmas lUke Spencer gave Tracy.... 3 stepkids whining, 2 decent scenes, and a wedding proposal for Tracy

just got back from babysitting the cutest kids ever, which not only got me out of my employee Christmas party, but earned me a little money and also was in a house with soapnet!! Great when the kid is 2 and in bed by 7:30. Got to catch up and, of course, no Tracy... surprise surprise. I waiting on something good.

Edited by knh

• Members

Before I leave, I just wanted to wish everybody a:

:P:PMerry Christmas!

and

Happy Holidays!

:P:P

Thanks Ms.Q, I will really really try to peek my head in to see if there is any action, my grandparents have the worlds oldest computer with dial up :( If I don't get too frustrated I will stop by to 'see' everybody, but I can't promise miracles. Well, its getting late and I need to finish packing, yuck! See ya'll soon!

• Members

It's too quiet again. :(

nex, Happy Holidays to you too!

In light of the holidays, I've decided to "steal" this from another board. Thanks AmyHof!

Answer these questions as you were a character on GH.

My note: Use Tracy as the character. ILoveTracyQ has already done this, but the rest of us haven't.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

5. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

6. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:

7. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

9. Snow! Love it or Dread it?

10. Can you ice skate?

11. Do you remember your favorite gift?

12. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?

13. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

14. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

15. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? To be honest.

16. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

17. What is your favorite Christmas decoration?

18. Whom do you like to spend the holidays with and why?

• Members

OK, I'll bite. Here are TQ's responses:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog, but only if it's spiked.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa? Yeah, right.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? All white lights are much classier.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Certainly not.

5. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Turkey. For some reason this is not a problem at Christmas.

6. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Sneaking downstairs late Christmas Eve and watching my parents exchange their gifts.

7. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Alan blabbed when I was six (rolls eyes.)

8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Only when I'm married.

9. Snow! Love it or Dread it? It's beautiful as long as you don't have to go out in it.

10. Can you ice skate? Certainly not.

11. Do you remember your favorite gift? The first Christmas gift Ned ever gave me, a snowglobe.

12. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being with my family, dysfunctional as we are.

13. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Peppermint Stick ice cream

14. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Alan reading the Christmas Story at the hospital...don't tell anyone.

15. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? To be honest. Giving.

16. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Anything by Johnny Mathis.

17. What is your favorite Christmas decoration? Candy canes...cute and edible!

18. Whom do you like to spend the holidays with and why? My family, because, just for a short time, we all seem to get along.

• Members

Thanks for playing Lady Ashton. It's funny that you said the egg nog has to be spiked because ILoveTracyQ almost said the same thing at SoapZone. We know Tracy so well. :lol:

So, my TQ friends, I know the board was having some problems earlier, but has it ever been this quiet? Tomorrow will be better, right? *crosses fingers*

Ooh. ILoveTracyQ might have mentioned the possibility of that new consultant for GH from Y&R. (I think she mentioned it here.) Still just a rumor at this point, but guess what? I did some research (err, I mean, I went to SoapDish, LOL). Anyway, he's huge on VETS and FAMILY story lines. Some vet has just been let go from Y&R, and he spoke out against it. He's also big on corporate stories. Oh, please oh please, let me have my dream of Ned and Tracy running ELQ together. I know a lot of people aren't big on the business stuff, but GH could totally do it again. Put Wally Kurth back on contract. Jax could be involved. There's Cassadine enterprises, thereby bringing in Nikolas and Helena. And maybe Stefan back from the dead. And Alexis, if she wants to get involved. Doesn't Carly have some ELQ stock?

Oh, if we didn't have enough reason to hate Guza and Frons, they apparently didn't like Pratt's idea of "restoring the Q's to their former glory" (remember that quote last year?). Guza didn't want to take time away from the mob, and Frons felt that the Q's targeted the "nursing home audience." Not sure how exactly true the latter's comments are (they sound true), but I think I have just developed a soft spot for Pratt. :o

TracyLuv, Coleman clips should be up later, by the way. Sorry for the delay.

• Members

Okay, fellow Tracy lovers! I wondered where you lived. Took me forever to find this board. Finally! People who love Tracy and have since she started that show. She is the best! She has made me laugh all these years with her antics and I love Jane. I even love her with Lorenzo. I can tell Ted King just wants to bust out laughing. It's so great because he's so cool about everything.

Anyway, I know this is a bit off topic, but not much. I wanted to post this once in here to try to direct you all to a campaign to fix GH big time and restore the characters, relationships, family and friends we loved so much. I know that Q lovers, and Tracy lovers will want to be on board with this. Read on and let me know what you think. You can post here, PM me or email me. If you are into it, we are having each group pick delegates to work on the communications to send. That person will work with all of you to coordinate the communication and timing of the mass mailing. It's time to take back our show and save our Tracy!

One of the things I think all of us can agree upon on this board is that Tracy needs her screen time and her family. Never was this more evident than the past weeks as she went through her mini-breakdown while Luke was with Laura. Yes we had some scenes, but then it was almost dropped. Tracy had a wonderful scene where she told Luke to go help Lulu, then it was dropped when TG went on hiatus. Then, we were supposed to accept that Tracy would allow Lulu to go missing and not find out what was going on? Not the Tracy I know! She would have been up Lorezo's you know what figuring out where Lulu was. She would have been all over Sonny about keeping Lulu in mob business. Tracy was never any shrinking violet and while they keep showing hints of this, they keep dropping the ball. I want to see that old GH back. It was a ratings winner. As you all pointed out, if that show had TG, JE, RC, TK, NG, and RH every day of the week, they would be off the charts. You are absolutely right about that. We all talk about it and we all think nothing can be done, but that is not true at all. Please read on. As I said, I won't post this again in here. My intent is not to clog your wonderful Tracy worship post. It's just to make you aware of a campaign that is big picture, but will help all the vets and even the new characters in the end. I love Tracy too and I want her saved from the powers that be.

So, having said that, I say it's time to bring the House of Mouse down on the head of ABC Daytime. I am sick and tired of writing to ABC execs who are married to ideas I am not willing to support. If they can't change, they must go. It is that simple. And, if you think it can't be done, think again. Disney just put in a new CEO who is cleaning house. Everything is under scrutiny, including ABC Media division. Now is when we need to launch a big cross fan base campaign to get them out. There are already several fan bases out there willing to put aside their couple/character campaigning in this bigger picture campaign (they will still do their couple/character campaigning separate from this). The bottom line is that everyone is starting to realize that without a regime change, our couples and characters are doomed anyway.

So, having said that, this is the bottom line. If you want people out, you have to talk money. This is what execs understand and they will pay attention. We have numbers on our side and Disney, for one, is extremely sensitive to campaigns that target Disney visitor numbers. It's hardball time. We need to tell the House of Mouse we've had it and not only won't we be watching GH while this garbage is on, we won't go to Disney either. Please read on. Trust me, this will work.

Every campaign has to focus at its core about the money. Low viewer numbers = low advertiser reach = low profits. It's that simple. Tie your desire for certain storylines to that boat and point out how soap successes are making relationship stories and vets work.

If you don't believe that it's all about the money and Disney (ABC's parent company) is ready to make changes, check this article out. http://money.cnn.com/2006/03/20/news/compa...isney/index.htm

There are some important things in that article. Here are just a few.

This is important to us because not so long ago it was assumed Apple was dead and Jobs with it. Now he's on top and shows he can entice the young market. Another case of an old vet makes a comeback.

Someone got the hint on Primetime and revamped it. We need to do the same. All of these 'hits' revolve around relationships and people in their 20's, mid-30's to 40's. Hardly just the teen set Guza and Frons are married to. Bottom line - someone in charge of primetime finally figured out that Baby Boomers and Xers are a large chunk of the population and they want to see strong characters with strong families in strongrelationships. While we're at it, so do young people. When you campaign for your character as part of a friendship and family supported group, point that out and the tie to the primetime shows.

You need to start writing to the parent company, not ABC, and hammering on this. Success elevates stock prices. It's that simple. Yes, they have elevated other lines of business but they are neglecting daytime and they need to get with it. We need to point this out.

If you think that Frons cannot be taken out in a heartbeat, you are very wrong. If Eisner (former head of Disney) can fall after he saved that company in the 90's, anyone can. All it takes is the investors to start yelling and they start yelling when they see bad press in the financial reports. When an executive makes poor business decisions, it needs to be pointed out to the right people - the people who hold the controls, not the exec who is causing the problem or the people above him protecting him. That will never work. You have to take your battle to the people who can actually help you and speak their language - money. That's all they care about and all they know. If it makes money, they will do it. They can't exist on three shows and they know it. There's a big drive at Disney/ABC to have soap-like dramas on at night. They sell. They've alway sold. They know that, so start campaigning to get your stories back by going to the people who are listening.

Think they don't know? Look at this:

If they are selling SOAPNet videos through iTunes, they know that soaps have value. You need to take advantage of that fact.

Basically, run this like you would any takeover. You look for where your prey is bleeding and you go for it over and over again until they topple. Sorry for that analogy, but the bottom line is that you cannot win this war by sentiment. You have to win it by cold-blooded business strategy. Any company on top wants to get further up the ladder to put more space between themselves and their competitors. So give them a way to do it and they will listen.

Remember, if this were Tracy and Q's running this campaign, they would take their argument to the people who could actually make a change and they would not be afraid of stepping on some toes along the way (especially Tracy and the Q's!). They would also use whatever tatic they had to in order to win the game. That is exactly what we need to do.

State your case clearly. Y&R is number 1, yet they are all about relationships and their vets are on all the time. Katherine/Jill and Victor/Nikki have been on that show since I watched in the early to mid 70's. They get plenty of airtime. And Y&R is getting the viewers which equals money. In the meantime we have the mob 95% of the time and we are losing viewers like someone cut our bracheal artery. There's a reason for that and the new head of Disney needs to hear it while he's cleaning house. He's on the war path. Now is the time. If we could get the combined forces of all fan bases to come together for this bigger campaign issue, we would all reap the rewards. Every character would get the benefit as well as every relationship, friendship and family.

I don't know about all of you, but I am sick of begging for time for our beloved characters who have proven their ratings worth. If they won't give us what we want, they have to go. What they are doing does not make ABC money. Awards for writing does not equate to dollar signs. It equates to an expensive individual project for Guza, funded by Frons. It's bad business.

What do you think? Can you join this larger reaching campaign for the good of our families?

Here are the Disney addresses. I think we need to mobilize and send them thousands of letters at once.

Robert A. Iger

President and CEO

Walt Disney Company

500 S. Buena Vista Street

Burbank, CA 91521

[email protected]

Peter Murphy

Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Strategic Officer

Walt Disney Company

Burbank, CA 91521

[email protected]

John Pepper Jr.

Chairman of the Board of Directors

Walt Disney Company

Burbank, CA 91521

Fax: 202-689-8562

Judy Estrin

Member of the Board of Directors

Walt Disney Company

Burbank, CA 91521

[email protected]

Steve Jobs

Walt Disney Company

Burbank, CA 91521

Fax: 202-689-8562

John Bryson

Walt Disney Company

Burbank, CA 91521

Monica Lozano

Walt Disney Company

Burbank, CA 91521

John Chen

Walt Disney Company

Burbank, CA 91521

Gary Wilson

Walt Disney Company

Burbank, CA 91521

Leo Odonova

Walt Disney Company

Burbank, CA 91521

Thomas Staggs

Senior Vice President and CFO

Walt Disney Company

Burbank, CA 91521

David K. Thompson

Senior Vice President

Walt Disney Company

Burbank, CA 91521

Alex Wallau

President of Network Operations & Administration

Walt Disney Company

Burbank, CA 91521

[email protected]

Mike Shaw

Sales and Marketing President

[email protected]

Disney Shareholder Services:

611 N. Brand Blvd. Suite 6100

Glendale, CA 91203

Phone: 818-553-7200

Fax: 818-553-7210

[email protected]

Please contact me and let me know if your group wants to be on board. We welcome everyone. This is not about any character or couple bashing. If we don't change the current regime, they are just going to ruin our characters and couples anyway. This must happen first.

Zanne

• Members

We're all kind of in that boat. We are hoping to gear up for a January mass mailing. We've already created a neutral forum site to use so we don't have to clog up any one else's. Gosh, if this is what we got for Christmas, I would be so happy. Right now, I'm just happy to finally find Tracy fans! She rocks!

• Members

Zanne Marie, you wouldn't mind if I shared your post with the forum, Jane Elliot Online, would you? (I'd link them over here.) I'd be willing to participate, but I can't see see myself sending out a lot of letters the "old-fashioned" way. I could send out some like that, but I'd probably be more inclined to send emails even though those probably hold less importance. But we'll see. Thanks for stopping in. :)

So, there's a Quartermaine spoiler for Monday's episode (tomorrow)...

_

_

_

_

Lulu introduces the Q's to Spinelli. Does this mean we get to see Tracy? I think Spinelli is an annoying, pointless character, who serves no other purpose than to take time away from those actors who actually deserve it, BUT...If it gives my favorite family something to do, even if it's 10 seconds, I guess I can't complain...much. ;) Tracy's reaction alone should be priceless, LOL!

Edit: Oops. I read the paraphrased version of the actual spoiler. As it turns out, Lulu brings him to the mansion. Whether or not she introduces him to the Q's remains to be seen. Gah. Got my hopes up for nothing.

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

Absolutely, share the post! I couldn't agree more on Spinelli. Why can we spend money on these new characters and no money for our vets to have time? I asked for the numbers on what these newbies cost compared to the vets. They keep bringing them on contract and doing early pay out. I plan on running a cost analysis and presenting that to Iger at Disney. I also want to do a cost analysis on what their poor viewer ratings are doing to their ad sales prices. Hmmm Wonder what I will find? The Q's would be so proud!

And by the way, we are only doing two mailings and we will create the contents with the reps. One is a post card and the other a letter. That's it. Two big hits to the Disney head honchos.

Zanne