• Administrator

I don't get how that correlates to how episodes end and continue to the next episode.  That's a writing issue to me.  I get that scenes are shot out of order, but that shouldn't really affect how writers write episodes. 

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, I wasn't sure if the Trina thing with school was permanent or not.  I feel like most soaps say people are going to college and then lose interest and we just assume they graduate or something.  

Isn't Trina exceptionally short to be a model?  Like I know that didn't stop Erica Kane or Brenda Barrett, but she looks so tiny on screen lol.  Honestly, at this rate Joss will be the Face of Deception instead.

I agree the episodes tend to just end.  It's not a real cliffhanger and the credits come up and I am like I guess it's over now lol.  I just figured PM/EK were running through previous material and course correcting slightly on the way.

• Members

Loved the Carly vs Ava/Sonny scenes Friday and how they started with a classic set up of Carly barging in like she owns the place. LW and MB’s best chemistry is when they’re divorced and at each others necks.

The Dante and Sonny/Dante & Sam scenes were great too

Nina and Drew schmozing up to the politician was interesting as well. They’re setting Drew up to be a legit power player on canvas and I like how he needs Nina’s connections to get where he wants. They’re the most interesting chaotic pairing on the show currently.

All of this Dex joining the police focus better be leading to a nasty death…and I really despise Joss no longer studying medicine. Between Trina living aimlessly, Willow quitting nursing, Sasha working in the Q kitchen…not a good look.

Speaking of, I’m sure the house cook and the stable boy sounds like a hot pairing for a 1996 romance novel with Fabio on the cover but there is nothing interesting about Sasha and Cody. This show needs a cast purge badly and they need to be the first two out the door

• Members

Yes.  Nothing about Joss's life or upbringing screams super dedicated student and willing to work for nearly a decade to be an MD.  I know she got a stolen kidney one time and is grateful for the medical profession, but with her very wealthy background I don't really buy the medical school thing.  But I also don't buy Willow working 12 hour overnight shifts either.

True.  On Days I can usually spot the last segment, but I swear on GH I never know lol.  I do think a lot of it has to do with watching on Hulu because I don't clock time and I would obviously know GH is on from 2-3 on ABC.

• Members
Posted (edited)

As long as Diane or Spinelli doesn't end up being the FoD, I really don't care, lol.

I dunno, I'm funny when it comes to pre-teen and teen actors. 

Pre-teen actors, on the whole, irritate me, because they're so precocious that they make me wanna hurl.  (It's been that way for me, in fact, since I had to suffer through Ashley Peldon as little Marah on GL - and I probably wasn't that much older than her at the time, lol).  It's why I have no issues with soaps SORAS-ing characters as quickly as possible.

On the other hand, when it comes to teens, I figure that they're going through their "awkward phase" IRL, and that there's probably a lot going through their heads atm, so I cut them *some* slack if their acting isn't the most polished.

Like I said, I'm funny that way.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Now, maybe it's me but I have a sixth sense about the end coming up & without fail I can say, "Next on General Hospital" with the voiceover. 

And, yes, Taby is very very tiny. Her tininess puts Becky & Kemo's to shame! So, yes, she also beats Lucci. And, Vanessa isn't that short, is she? She's not like 5'5"? Finola says she's 5'5" & I noticed in the photos from the NJ event last weekend that she is significantly shorter than LW & CW who seem the same height. Then, Taby, of course, is significantly shorter than Finola is. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Now I know what's missing from Cody and Sasha's story: a rich dude to be Cody's rival!  Unfortunately, there aren't any Q's in Sasha's age range except Michael, and he'll probably be busy with whatever goes down with Drew, Nina and Willow.  Unless...they're going for a Nina/Drew/Willow/Michael/Sasha/Cody hextangle.

Edited by Khan

• Members

TBH, if I had my druthers, Lucy (or someone) would launch a whole new campaign: "The Face of Deception...is You."  It would signify that, in this day and age, there's more than one standard for beauty; that every female, or every individual who self-identifies as female, is the "Face of Deception," because every female is beautiful.

• Members

Vanessa is like 5'4" I think.  It's hard to tell because she looks close in height to MB, but IR could put her in his pocket.  She's just tiny in general, but LW/CW seem to be a lot taller.  I am a 5'8" so maybe people just seem small since I am tall?  Lol.  I just remember Steve Burton was a lot shorter in person than I thought he was.

Fixed it for you lol.  But I agree that would be a cool campaign.

• Members
Posted (edited)

It's also an editing issue visually. Maybe there is some miscommunication there but there were days where I was like Oh I guess its a new day

Edited by John