• Members

When a show is hollow, as all the soaps are now, then you are more likely to only watch for a certain character or couple. This has been true for a long time - you could even argue GH helped cement this as the norm with Luke & Laura - but it hurts when they are in a rebuilding period, or as much as they can even be allowed to rebuild. The other problem is, as others have mentioned, the need for your favorite character to be in the right and behaving the way you want them to behave. I've been guilty of that myself with characters, if I think the story is repetitive, degrading, and so on, but I do think the show has made efforts in trying to move forward some characters, like Nina. Yet a lot of her fans just seem to be completely repulsed. 

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think that Lucy should be forced out as the head of Deception and Maxie should take charge of the company. I am done with the Lucy character, and she should be retired from the show.

The new writers want a Quartermaine revival.

• Members

I actually can understand Sonny/Nina's fans frustration.   I don't know why you'd be a Sonny/Nina fan in the first place, but they really just fizzled out lol.   It ended and they barely share scenes at this point. Nina has gone in an entirely different direction and it works for the character.  I would suspect these Sonny/Nina fans are more Sonny fans than anything else.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I don't know about going that far but I do think they are heading in the direction of diminishing Lucy's role considerably & Maxie stepping into a leadership position. 

Yes, some things are on the rise & some things are definitely not. 

Rising: Team Q, Team Jason, Team Maxie, Team Kids, 

Falling: Team Cassadine, Team Sonny, Team Lucy, 

And a whole bunch of question marks!

Edited by Contessa Donatella
typo

• Members

Same goes for Drew and Carly (or at least that's how I see it).  They hurried up and broke up those two pairings, lol.

Ah.  Okay.

Sigh.

I hope ABCD doesn't take that as a sign that they need to change HW's again.

• Members

Totally true.  I always considered Carly/Drew as a C level pairing that no one was invested in lol.  I know Nina/Sonny have like 5 to 10 vocal fans.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Very funny. 

Drew & Carly definitely a stopgap couple. 

Nina & Sonny, well Mo counts for a lot & then Nina fans were for whatever Nina was doing that week. I don't see anyone pining for it. Fans are engaged in Nina & Drew, some hate it & a great many are loving it even if they think it's perverse. Similarly, Sonny fans are absorbed in what in the heck is up with Ava, although I've seen a fair amount of people wondering why Sonny didn't bed Natalia. When Ava & Sonny hit the sheets, I think those people will be sufficiently distracted. 

Also though many people felt like they saw real electric current flow between Drew & Jordan. 

Brick & Jordan is really beneath contempt. 

• Members

I think OG Kate came closest to something bigger - no one was more surprised than me that that worked. Then Guza (or someone) killed it in the crib to advance the Dante saga with Olivia in Kate's place, needlessly IMO.

• Members

Gee, that many? 

But seriously.  I'm kinda surprised how quickly they moved Carly and Sonny out of Drew and Nina's respective orbits.  Even if Sonny/Nina and Drew/Carly were dead-end pairings, you usually expect the writers to keep Carly and Sonny in play at least for a little while - and even tantalize the audience with the possibility of Carly and Sonny getting back together themselves - while they create a new pairing (in this case, Drew and Nina) out of the ashes of two old ones.  But it's almost like Sonny/Nina and Drew/Carly have been erased from GH history, with Sonny moving onto Ava, and Carly being tested with John and Jason.

• Members
Posted (edited)

It is indeed. And it would be nice to see that kind of speed applied with so many other things on the show.

I'll admit I am waiting for an inevitable Sonny/Nina scene again sometime, just to see how the new team handles that dynamic. Which never made much sense to me beyond "Maurice enjoys Cynthia's company".

What I'll be amazed by is if they let it get as far as Sonny having another foolish mob wedding to Ava Jerome. And they should tbh. A fatal mistake he made with Claudia before and is completely inclined to repeat, because in the years since he has learned very little and he proved that many times, starting with letting Brenda walk out. And Ava is a lot smarter than Claudia.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I just know from Sonny/Brenda fandom that people loved Brenda when she was with Sonny but the minute VM left it was "KS's Kate is the BEST THING EVER".  It's not the female these fans care about-it's whoever is up Sonny's butt at the moment.  There's a very specific group of Sonny Fans First that appear to like any pairing he has.

Nina is such a mess of a character I am going to assume most her fans just really like Cynthia Watros's work and not anything to do with Nina as a character.

TRUTH.

Loved OG Kate and Sonny.  As a Sonny/Brenda stan that says a lot.  It was tragic when Olivia took over the Kate role.   And then Kate was recast with Kelly Sullivan.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I wouldn't mind a foolish Ava mob wedding tbh.  Idk, it gets tricky with actors leaving and all that, but Sonny would have never let Brenda leave.  And when she came back to offer a reconciliation if they moved to Rome he would have jumped on that.  Because he's spent the last decade make dumb decisions and having other kids.   But on the flip side Brenda should run screaming away from the mess that is Sonny's life and never think about him again so whatever.  

The scene of Kate remembering her rape lives rent free in my head (not a good thing).  Because the whole scene was so disturbing.

On a much brighter note, there is a scene where Sonny is visiting Bensonhurst sitting on a stoop and is all messed about Brenda leaving him and a man puts change in his coffee cup because he thinks Sonny is homeless and it's hilarious.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by carolineg