• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Most people know what I meant by "dorky." I agree that people have their own style of dress regardless of sexuality and gender, but GH insists on checking off boxes with characters like Aiden. Have these writers EVER seen a gay teen on a streaming series or movie???

Yes, homophobes are everywhere today, but I don't want to see homophobia played off as "It's a cultural thing."

• Members

Wow.  Today's episode was all set in the Quartermaine estate + the hospital.  When was the last time that's ever happened?  It's nice seeing the Q mansion full again with people.  I like that they made the cook a character finally and Cody's always great.  They need to give him more to do.  Even though they recast Maxie's daughter and Elizabeth's youngest son with likely more seasoned actors, I think I preferred the previous child actors.

Seeing the '90s ABC soap actresses playing Lois, Lucy, Tracy and Olivia in scenes together in 2024 was so fun!  Having the Allie/Carly's portrayer on there would make it a proper The City reunion!

Please register in order to view this content

Willow & Michael are annoying with their privileged non-problems.  They need to send them on a long off-screen vacation!

• Members

Kirsten Storm did an interview with SB and BA and talked about her past weight/wardrobe issues and feeling more confident at the 31 min mark. I’m glad working with Bradford again and the stronger writing has gotten her out of the funk. She’s one of the main people blossoming under this new writing team

• Members

Nielsens are Low

How is DBR and streaming. I head GH does well on Hulu

CVE & DC still had jobs until January then they turned in their Jason return story & got replaced. KE &PM began writing but they had no bible written like most new writers do. They are still ironing stories out. This takes time. Have Faith.

• Webmaster

GH does well on Hulu, yes.

Although no one knows how the algorithm works, not even some of the folks at ABC themselves, GH ranks 14th among all content available on the platform, including movies, originals, acquired series/movies, etc. for today, May 2, 2024.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Kirsten talked in that podcast about how she is excited about the scripts, Bradford & Steve Agreed. Kirsten then said during her 19 years at GH, she always went into reading the script and tried to find places t0 stick humor. She also admitted, prior to the new HW's, finding places to stick humor in scripts was difficult. 

TY. I am also curious how DVR viweing works.

• Members

It’s been 2 months into this regime - they’ve made strides, and the day to day writing is a lot better. However, the overall plotting isn’t that different from what came before. The Jason return story was all they had for any momentum, and that’s starting to lose steam. It’s painfully obvious that most of the supporting stories are not working or are just boring (Deception nonsense, Sasha’s career rotation, BLQ’s wedding preparations, Blaze’s homophobic mother, etc.). The material itself isn’t great or that compelling, despite the day to day execution being more thoughtful.

However, they’re handicapped in a lot of ways too. Starting with the bloated cast and an array of characters I have little faith that the average viewer gives a crap about. That, by design, is what they have to write this show around first and foremost. Deadweight characters are what Valentini and ABC have injected into this show for over a decade and any set of writers have to write around that.

So, yes, while I do see positive changes, I can also see why viewers aren’t drawn to tune in as well. Sad to say, unless they’re diehard soap fans like us on this board, the average viewer will remember the plot over some great character moments that happened on a random Tuesday.