GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

We don't know that they won't have diversity as a part of the new team.

But, in a way I think they do miss the boat on optics all over the place. The visual at Spencer's Memorial. Not having Trina on at all for 3 weeks. White people who could & do have opportunities to offer her condolences, don't. 

So, I definitely think the issue of optics is an issue. But I think it's worse than just optics. Tell my why Laura hasn't offered Trina condolences. I honestly don't think Frank & gang are racists but some stuff looks like they are. Someone told me they thought they are unintentionally racists. Scratching my head there, not sure what that means. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Sam, FTW!

Please register in order to view this content

I like Jason, but Sam was 110% correct when she ripped him a new one today. Her being upset about Danny’s part in Jason’s return was so justified and realistic. As for the Danny/Jake scenes and fight, the acting was a little meh… But I like how messy they are over everything that’s going on right now. 

Dex joining the PCPD seems like another one of those clunky story beats that suddenly changes a character out of nowhere but I don’t hate it. 

And no Trina, you didn’t have to apologize to that trash bag 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Believe it, or don't. Nothing you can do about it.

What does it have to do with cleaning up or not cleaning up stories? It's not my favorite idea but it is an entirely new development. I still don't think Dex is long for the canvas and/or the world.

• Members

Cause Vee all I see here is "give the new writer's time, they're cleaning up the mess from the previous writer's" 

As I said this doesn't feel like they're cleaning up a mess, this is a new story that makes Anna look stupid and incompetent

• Members
Posted (edited)

How does drafting Dex make Anna incompetent? She told Dex there's less likelihood Sonny will want to take out a cop, and she's right. Are you watching the show or just posting tweets?

Edited by Vee

• Members

Well, they are doing clean up but it's possible for them to start new things, too. 

And, there's no guarantee that all of the fans are gonna like all of whatever new they introduce. Just because you don't like the idea of Anna putting Sexy Dexy on at the PCPD (which I can certainly see people questioning) doesn't mean you're not gonna like everything new they do. One new story can't be made into a trend. So far they've done Marshall, inherited, and Heather, inherited, and now this. I kinda feel like Anna is hiding him in plain sight & just daring Sonny to touch him. It's certainly different. 

• Members

To me, it seems a little strange for anyone, let alone for Anna, to recruit a former (?) mob enforcer for the police department - I mean, wouldn't it be the other way around, lol? - but, like @Vee said, I don't think Dex is long for this show, so whatever.  I don't hate it.

• Members

I’ve always been a KeMo fan since her PC days, but the past few years I haven’t felt very enthused by her or her stories. Ever since Dante’s shooting, she has really brought it and is doing some amazing work. So glad Sam is not just falling back in line with Jason like Carly and Michael are.