GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

As long as they find a place in there to reveal Charlotte was never Lulu's and it was all a gambit to attach himself to the Spencers for whatever reason, I'll take it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Imagine if we got a very Helena type moment with someone hypnotizing her in a dark room with those Cassadine Tarot cards (another dropped story thread), and they pull back to reveal Valentin holding them up to her blank face, “Protect your King”.

• Members

I have to wait to watch on Hulu tonight, but from what everyone is saying I am excited about the twist.  I, too, felt Sonny was being ridiculous about not even talking to Jason and believing the worst, so now it's all starting to make sense.

And even if Valentin's days are numbered at least this gives him a bit more gravitas as a villain.  You know I have never found him anything other than a sad weepy mess.  

And I guess I'll just ask this because I am curious-did the Charlotte/Anna story ever have an ending?  Where is Charlotte?  Does she still hate Anna?  Is she still a psycho?  Was it dropped?  I am not advocating more Charlotte, but I don't recall if the story ever played out lol.

• Members

I believe they've said Charlotte is in a private hospital or sanitarium getting help. Leave her there! I think she also 'dumped' Jake if they were ever officially dating, thank God. I'd like to know more about this burning Anna's house, etc. business or whatever.

I am also curious on your thoughts on the overall show lately, we've missed you. if you don't agree with me about it I promise not to bully you too much.

We're forgetting something else, BTW: Several weeks ago Ava claimed some nobody had bought Wyndemere off her. What if it's Valentin and they're in cahoots over there?

• Members

Oh good!  Hope Charlotte gets all the help she needs far, far away for a long time.

As far as GH overall, I had some real life stuff get in the way of me watching consistently, so I had to binge quite a few.  I am caught up with every show, but today.  I see positive changes and I have enjoyed Jason's return thus far, but I think I need more time to really evaluate.   There are definitely some more interpersonal scenes that feel more right and true to character.  I am, however, just used to GH starting stories great and petering out in the end.   At this point I see changes and am optimistic.   So I guess I basically have a non answer lol. 

I don't find the teen boys as awful as some although I do think they are very interchangeable at this point and I might have gone older with Jake, Danny, and Rocco at the very least.  I know you like Hudson West, but he's a bit up and down for me.  

• Members

I haven’t found them all horrible either because for the most part they are not actively in their own stories yet.

It seems like everything IRL is rough for a lot of people right now, myself included. Take care and I will personally wish harder for Vanessa to return.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I am waiting for the first shoe to drop on several contract exits or possible returns, personally. If JPS is out or Vanessa does, miracle of miracles, return, we will know real things are changing. I don't think you could've made Valentin into a Big Bad under Frank's sway. You take care too!

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

Missed you & glad to see you back.

Me, I'm thumbs up on the kids, both in the casting & in the new writing using family so much. Danny is my new delight. But I also enjoy Aiden & Rocco even though I have trouble telling them apart. Jake is harder but it's likely because he is playing so angry & sullen. Also he's had much fewer lines. 

Days 1 through 11 except for Day 8, I've been very happy camper. On Day 8 all of a sudden it was short scenes again & lots of cutting back & forth. I felt like I was at a tennis match. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
typo

• Members

Someone with more recall and regular viewing than me or titan over the last few interminable years needs to track all of "Pikeman's" big moves so we can examine them re: Valentin. Your service is appreciated! In the meantime I will check the insanely detailed GH wiki.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'm kind of surprised that Valentin is all in on Pikeman but I guess I'm not all that surprised since he is a Cassadine after all. Also I'm probably a minority here but I don't really understand why people are so hung up on his origins to begin with and Valentin has always been a very fascinating, interesting and complex character, no matter if he's good or bad. And that's a pretty good quality to have in a soap character. Plus he has the charisma to pull it off. So personally I'm not as bothered by it as some other people might be. 

So if Valentin has been somehow manipulating Sonny's bipolar meds for quite a while now, I guess that could explain much of Sonny's odd and bizarre behavior over the last several months. But I'm not too convinced that Sonny was actually going to forgive Nina over the SEC situation if he wasn't getting screwed over somehow. He was always going to be pissed at her regardless, maybe not nearly as pissed as he otherwise would've been, but he still would've been really upset with her for not trusting him enough to say anything. It's just not in Sonny's character to let bygones be bygones. Also I really hope this is not a setup for Sonny and Nina to reunite because those two should NEVER, NEVER, EVER get back together under any circumstance. 

I also won't hate it if Ava ended up getting Nina killed somehow and we won't have to deal with her anymore. 

Edited by MissPhoenixGirl92

• Members

I don't think GH will have to wait 12 or 18 months to see if Nicholas Chavez wants to return.

He's been taping for Ryan Murphy, and it won't take the finished product for Hollywood to decide whether to cast him in other roles. I'm sure the word is already out as to whether or not he's any good and what kind of future he has in television or film.

• Members

Talent isn't the issue. The issue is the state of the industry, with a half dozen streaming giants falling apart or restructuring and everything in tumult. It's entirely possible those seas remain very choppy for a long while for working actors, and in that situation daytime becomes a safe harbor for many. It's possible that could include Chavez, if not right away then later. A few years ago his potentially returning soon wouldn't even be a consideration, but things are different.