GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well remember, this is in a world where FBI guys are worse than mob bosses and reporting a crime is worse than committing a crime

Please register in order to view this content

I like Dex and it would be great to get him away from nasty ass Joss but at the same time, it would serve a lot of people right if Sonny or somebody killed him. 

• Members

Just another day in the hamlet of Port Charles, New York ... where there is an extremely high incidence found of amnesiacs & villains who have to be hospitalized with brain tumors & all manner of unusual psyche-affecting diseases ... 

I can't think of anyone besides Sonny who wants to kill him! Do you have some insight to add?!! 

• Members

Burton hasn’t consistently allowed this much emotion in Jason since his Robin and baby Michael days. If he’s going to be here, at least he is trying again. Maybe MB needs a couple years off to truly appreciate the job he has.

This is very refreshing to watch people question Sonny and Jason and not have the whole town serve the usual excuses- Jason must have had a reason! Especially Sam, those were great scenes.

This episode was more choppy and similar to what the show was like before the new writing regime. The script was more in line, but the scenes were chopped up. This is the first episode that the old style was so prevalent. Possibly due to the breakdown to scripting process, which might explain why they felt they needed a change. Still bad optics. Breakdowns do strongly dictate pacing though!

I think I am going to dislike Danny, he has the air of old school Sonny/Jason worship about him, and that’s not what I want to see in 2024.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I am absolutely loving how much freshness & energy Burton is bringing every day, every scene. Loved his reactions to news, baby Amelia, Bobbie's death, Britt's death, note from Monica & he's been gone such a long time & has so much on his mind but he is unfailingly thoughtful like congratulating Brook Lynn yesterday. 

Speaking of Brook Lynn's visit to the prisoner, AS taped with SB on his first day back, so there is an example of how wildly they tape out of order. That no doubt means that the first things they taped were all of the scenes in the Interrogation Room. What a way to jump into the deep end of the pool just the second he returned. 

Noticed immediately that it was the old style not the new style. The breakdown yesterday was written by Shannon Peace. I realized yesterday that this was her first job. I had heard that when she was fired she was extremely upset & now that makes so much sense because it means it was her first time to get fired. How awful for her. Most writers in daytime have been through this all a time or two at the very least. 

Oh, sorry, Danny is a new favorite for me. I can see he is going to give Sam fits! 

About the whole cadre of relatively new tweens & teens, so everyone is calling for acting coaches & lessons & sure I see that, they are young, green, have much to learn but also they seem very talented & have been good in interviews & seem like really hard workers & let's face, Jake looks like Jason & Danny is so very pretty. It is hilarious that Aiden is worrying about whether his sourdough starter is going to work so he will have bread to feed people, such a nurturer. And also Aiden & Rocco look too much alike. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more

• Members

I think being on Days helped Steve a bit.  I know Harris isn't terribly deep or anything, but it still allowed Steve to do something a bit different and show some emotion.  It looks like he's trying to bring that to Jason and I like it.

I agree with everyone that hiring Dex at the PCPD is random, but I don't mind it.

• Members

I agree, Steve's done well. I've been surprised but pleased with this entire return arc so far. And again, the possibility that there are no clear romance options on the table for either Jason or Carly, together or separate, is curious and makes me wonder if PM/EK intend to dig deeper into each again first.

I don't mind Danny being the brash one with an inflated sense of his father and that world. It makes sense to me that Jason and Sam would end up with the worst possible version of their past selves based on their years of glorifying the mob and each other, even though Sam grew up.

And yes, I would give Sonny at least 6-9 months off. But Mo would never sit for that nor would the network.

• Members
Posted (edited)

The acting and dialogue was so bad in those Jake/Danny fight scenes. Teenage boys don’t speak like that. 

I think I spit out the water in my mouth when Aiden barged in with, “Stop! You guys are family! Don’t do this to each other!” As if the two were fighting over his affection.

Please register in order to view this content

All that poor kid wants to do is bake his cookies in peace! 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Hudson West (Jake) can be consistently very good and has been since he was a child, but I think he's also sometimes dependent on scene partners. The kid playing Danny is extremely green and the smiling bystander known as Aiden should not be on camera. I thought HW did alright, but I don't think it was anyone's best hour.