GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Thank you-please take care of yourself!  I just had some travel, work, and personal engagements come up.  Nothing serious!  Just no GH time.

Thanks!  Take care as well!  I think any extra prayers for a Vanessa return are useful though

Please register in order to view this content

I just don't think it's happening even though I can clearly see where Brenda could fit into so many of these stories.   Obviously, I think Brenda makes everything better, but there are a lot of places where it would be easy for Brenda to explain situations better (ie Jagger/Jason/Sonny) or be that model with an edge (yes, I know she's 50 plus, but still more dynamic than Sasha), or put Ava/Nina in their places in regards to Sonny.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh, I'm not predicting it at all. But if ABC is truly getting serious about making GH competitive and strong again, Vanessa (and possibly finding some flexible deal with JJ, a man can dream) is out there. It would certainly crank things up if Brenda blew back into town on the same day as, say, a clueless Sonny having his latest mob wedding to Ava Jerome-Cassadine, a la his Zacchara union.

• Members

Yes!  Definitely.  There have been many times over the last decade or so that I thought Brenda was barely relevant.  But with Jason, Jagger, Lois, Sonny, Deception, etc on the canvas, she actually would fit in seamlessly again.  Not expecting it, but it would be a delightful surprise.   I would probably prioritize getting one Laura child on the canvas before Brenda, but again the show is very invested in Sonny and his women so it could happen.  You could easily also bring her rando son in to join the Joss/Trina/Dex scene.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I hope it is revealed that Valentin has been paying the facility’s to keep Lulu in a coma.  Make Valentin a true villain but also keep him human by continuing to show his love for Anna, Nina, Charlotte and Alexis.

Edited by Efulton

• Members

I can see why she may have wanted people to know she didn't write the scene where Trina called herself a bitch and apologized to her horrible "friend," but I do wonder if these responses are from an awareness she isn't going to get other work in daytime anyway.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I know no one cares, including the characters, but just for finality's sake, where did the show leave off with Austin's murder? 

Also, how annoyed would you be to be Michael right now, having spent $5 million for no reason? Can one get a refund on paying someone's bail? Tax write off?

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

We dunno whodunit.

It just reminds me of Ron spending overtime on GH Twitter telling people his important scenes were cut for time and constantly throwing the show or other personnel under the bus in doing so. You can't over-engage like that, especially in this tiny industry.

It's also more nuanced re: Trina, since a few days ago she got her best scenes in ages with the very well-written and acted extended monologue segments at Spencer's grave, which will probably go on an Emmy reel. They reminded me of similar monologue stuff from the '90s.

• Members

That would be a good twist

I'm fairly certain the money is a bond - like putting your house up as collateral for a loan - and would have been repaid anyway after the outcome of any trial, provided Jason attended all his court appearances and didn't run. Otherwise there is no incentive to stay.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I don't think Michael has to pay literally 5 million just a bond.

If Jason's charges are dropped or he's acquitted he gets the money back.  I am pretty sure Michael gets the money back after court fees and what not even if Jason is guilty as long as he doesn't run out on trial.

ETA @Dion beat me to the answer lol

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Didn't Jason inherit shares in ELQ when Alan, Edward, and Lila died?  Because I wondered why Michael didn't leverage those in order to pay the bail (until I realized this was a very minor point and dropped it altogether).

• Members

I think Jason has plenty of money.  I am just not sure how easy it is to access since he was legally? declared dead and his assets were divided up.  I remember Brenda in 2002 talking about how difficult it was for her to get any of her money and assets since she was legally declared dead and had to borrow money from Jason, so I just consider it rule of thumb for all back from the dead soap characters.