GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And doubtful that was her intention but I agree

Jason may be innocent. But Carly is making it like Jason is the victim here. He is not. Dante is the victim here and she isnt seeing that. She is so laser focused on "Save Jason"

• Members
Posted (edited)

Well, she wrote the breakdown. Next step is Script Writer. So automatically, yes, someone else did write dialogue after the script left her hands. And, then, Korte could revise. But if she had it would show in the credits. 

Credits for 3-27-24

co-HW: EK/PM

Breakdown: Shannon Peace

Script Writer: Kate Hall

That is all. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more info

• Members

I would argue that is far more how Carly behaves than anything I have seen in the last couple of years. The exception being Nina and the FCC- Carly blaming someone for a consequence she deserved is 100% on brand.

Carly as kitchen mom and friend to the town was a quiet phase she was trying out. Carly being blindly loyal to Jason no matter what is back in action. If anything, I found her more loyal to Jason even during the Guza years than Sonny, so this tracks for me.

Or the script writer added it as they were writing the actual script. Although, we know how Korte feels about Carly (which I assume extends to her spawn), and she was there through all the terrible writing Trina has gotten and the propping of Joss, so I would not be surprised if her fingers were all over that convo. It could also have changed during filming by the directors and actors.

That one line of dialogue doesn’t change how terrible/classic Valentini the pacing was in that episode, and that is one of the things the breakdown is traditionally supposed to establish.

It is awful that there is not more diversity in the writing at GH, losing someone who was clearly invested in the young Black lead is not great. As many of us have commented though- she had limited overall input because Trina has been dragged through terrible/non existent writing her whole tenure.

• Members
Posted (edited)

It was also never believable that women like Olivia and Sam would ever be friends with someone like Carly. One of the  problems with LW’s Carly is that they tried to make it seem like everyone wanted to be best friends with her, when in reality, it was always difficult for this character to make friends (especially female friends). 

I hope that tension continues long after it’s officially known Jason didn’t shoot Dante.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members
Posted (edited)

Can my prayers be answered about Valentin?

I am glad they're confirming Valentin has been fúcking with Sonny's meds, as I suspected someone had done. I had a very hard time buying Sonny at his worst would turn on Jason as quickly as he has without that tampering. I still do think Ava may be in on all this.

Valentin makes sense as the Big Bad. Despite the show's endless attempts to put him over as a weepy antihero and the wimpiest Cassadine on Earth, he came on as a creepy scumbag and has stayed one to me.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

I believe Valentin was the person who first told Sonny all about Pikeman too - because he did business with them.

I did laugh at the writing dismissing the dumb "Stone" clue as a feint by Valentin to freak Sonny out, and apparently calling out the idiocy of this dumb Brennan dude hanging around chemistry testing with Carly during the strike episodes when he is supposedly the head of this evil PMC. No, I don't care that he's mid hot and has chemistry with some of the ladies. I don't care about this latest random dayplayer. Don't tell me about his nine fans on social media. Yes, that means you.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Watching this month has been compelling soap opera, so I'm happy I decided to tune in with Jason's return. I never would have thought I would care about a US soap in 2024, but here we are. Whether it lasts long or not, I'll enjoy the ride while I can.

It must be said, I find the actor that plays Rocco leaps and bounds more natural then all those other damn children.