GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's what I thought.  I, um, have bailed a few people out back in my wilder days for much smaller crimes, but not in the state of New York lol.  

Anyway, I liked today's episode.  As generally boring as I find Sam/Dante, Kelly Monaco really does seem invested in this pairing and showed some real emotion.  

Lois really needs more to do.  Like please make that a priority PM!

Idk why, but Jason just strolling past the guard into Sonny's penthouse was hilarious to me as was Jason just absolutely letting Carly fight his battle for him.  I think MB was infusing more erratic behavior into Sonny immediately today even though it all adds up over time.  I would also think Olivia would call Sonny to tell him Dante was awake instead of using a smiley emoji filled text lol.  The Ava/Sonny stuff is still pretty interesting.

This entire Pikeman story was clearly entirely changed.  Valentin is still a pretty weak sauce villain to me, but I am open to it.  I sort of tuned out on the whole Pikeman saga, but I am not sure if Valentin being the mastermind actually adds up.

I haven't seen every back from the dead story, but the few Brenda scenes where she explained she had no id and was considered dead, willed her estate to Jax, and Jax/Skye got married and their divorce was contentious and making the asset transfer difficult was the only time I have ever heard a character say coming back from the dead was hard in the most basic ways lol.  Days doesn't even touch it, although Jason did allude to it today a bit with the money situation.

• Members

Well, it is confusing why Valentine would review the hotel video to see that Charlotte was terrorizing Anna? 

Maybe he was trying to throw everyone off of his scent, and he honestly didn't know it was Charlotte that would take the blame?  Because there is still the loose thread that he lied to Anna after her house burned down, and she followed him to a meeting that he denied attending. 

I still think Brennen is head of Pikeman, but he recruited Valentine who started the whole thing by going to Sonny to ask him to ship Pikeman goods.  And there's some FBI deep state conspiracy that we'll find out John is actually trying to take down from within, and that's why he recruited Jason.

• Members
Posted (edited)

IIRC (and @Vee you know that's not my strength), Valentine asked Nina to review the footage, they watched it together, saw it was Charlotte, and agreed to keep it secret so that Valentine could get Charlotte some mental health support.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I loved & do love that Sonny's guards "make exceptions" both for Carly & for Jason. When Carly arrived Frank had to let her pass to be able to knock on the door & then Ava said something about it not being a good time & Carly just blasted right on into the room as if Ava was absolutely no one & nothing to be deterred by! Then when Jason arrived Frank said that his orders were to let no one in BUT for him he'd make an exception. And he & Jason shook hands. 

Please register in order to view this content

So much for the boss's orders! Jason has gotten better at lying. I do not believe for one minute that he was protecting himself by working for the Feds.

I don't know if anyone is pulling Ava's strings or not but I can't help but think that Maura is having a blast. The skillful way she is playing Sonny is so messy & soapy & I'm just enjoying it. I'm not exactly shipping Chrome but I am having fun with it. I was told specifically that Ava & Sonny would not have sex .... in March. Looking at the calendar, uh-huh! So today's kiss was perfectly timed!

Well, he was the first one who had contact with Pikeman but I did not see that twist coming! So deeply into it that since Brennan was arrested he has been running thiings. I am reminded that it was said that he is the most dangerous Cassadine. Maybe it's going to come true. Never imagined it!

• Members
Posted (edited)

Not that anyone in the audience will care much (any more than they would if it turns out Ava was faking her possibly private reaction to the threat/evidence after Austin's demise which I suspect she was), but they can always retcon it easily enough to say that Valentin figured the footage of Charlotte would get found soon and wanted to get out in front of it his own way.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

I know that I am talking out of both sides of my mouth, but I think it does fit if Valentine was honestly confused about what happened to Anna at the hotel.

I mean, he knows that he burnt down Anna's house, which Charlotte has always denied. But, then this other stuff happens, and he doesn't know who did it.  Until eventually he figures out that it was his own daughter.  So, he tried to get Anna to depend on him and move in with him, but the plan got ruined because Charlotte is a lunatic and wants her Daddy all to herself.  Which explains Brennen line about messing up his plans for Anna.

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

If Valentin has Anna Devane in his bed and his home he theoretically has a major threat to Pikeman's plans under control, so that makes sense. Charlotte ruined that.

I suspect it was Valentin or one of his cronies (Brennan?), but I hope they reveal Ava pulled the trigger on Austin herself. He was so despicable to her and it's been too long since some segments of the audience have been reminded who Ava has always been.

They are going to have to hire someone for her. Frank would put her with Marshall if he could get away with it.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

My real hesitation after today is the ethical/political/moral issue of writing the idea that they are replacing Sonny's meds with placebos.  It is kind of gross to play with serious issues like mental health.  And I wish that wasn't a necessary part of the story. 

I'm fine with spies and mobsters. I understand that it is meant for the audience to sympathize with Sonny, and demonstrate how low Valentine has stooped.  But the medication issue crosses a line of good taste. 

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

It's been done before, IIRC. Ava kept him off his meds in 2013-14. It makes sense to me that any rival would target Sonny's mental issues.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

My issue isn't the within story rationale, it is that the idea itself is offensive, and I would hope that a decade later the production would be more sensitive.

Edited by j swift

• Members

GH drives me crazy with the way they get medical and in this case pharmacological things wrong. To have a quarter dose version of bipolar meds would require a chemical compounding pharmacy where they manually compound the drug & then they'd have to see if it looked like the version of the pill the person was taking. Maybe they would be lucky & it would be a two-color gelatin capsule full of very tiny particles but if it was a pill or a caplet it would odds-on look very different. 

They bungled Molly's endometriosis also since it was laughable that she wouldn't have had part of every month be excruciating and of course the doctor she lives with would also have been very aware of it. 

• Members

Michael absolutely gets the money back.  As long as Jason doesn't run, the bail will be refunded.  It doesn't matter if Jason is tried and found guilty.  Either way, the bail money is returned to whoever paid it, including Jason himself if he had been the one to post his own bail.

I do remember that back in 2004 or 2005, when many of the dead came back from Melaswen, Jennifer said something like "Can you imagine being an insurance adjuster in this town?"