GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It is literal malpractice that they introduced a Black youth on this show named T.J. (played by the very talented Tequan Richmond, the only T.J. I really acknowledge tbh) and it wasn't Tom Hardy Jr. It felt like trolling but it's just inept lol.

• Members

Dante actually looked handsome in that bed after waking up! And the last couple of days have convinced me that he and Sam are a real couple. That’s what happens when you give them some emotion to work with, instead of just saying they are a couple and moving on.

They also made Stella’s work at GH feel real, instead of her just carrying a folder around.

I know it’s not perfect, and may never get there or even close. But characters that have been treated as space fillers or just there have been made more detailed and real in the last month than in years. Dante laying in bed has been given more depth thanks to building up his family and playing his connections than he has had the entire time FV has been at the show.

I could take or leave many of the cast, I have felt that way for years. This week, the show made me care about Olivia again. I see the renewed purpose for Stella. Valentin even interests me! I haven’t felt this much for Sam since the mid 2000’s. Burton is filling Jason with a lot of emotion, and it is making me invested in his story. Improved writing meeting more invested performers is doing wonders for a show filled with people a few months ago I didn’t even waste time watching.

And I will give Frank the credit that everyone seems to have stepped up their game to meet the more detailed and depth filled writing, and he has to have set that tone or it would not have worked.

• Members

Dominick Zamprogna did a great job Friday. Great acting with just small movements. I really liked the gesture where he nudged Danny to come over to him after Rocco, implying he sees him as a son too, and then they did the little fist bump. That was really sweet. Those are the little moments that make soaps worthwhile for me.

• Members

I agree with a lot of what you are saying @titan1978.  I am one of Sam/Kemo's biggest detractors, but I thought she was very good this week.  I always thought Dante/Sam were an okay couple, although mostly boring and doing very little.  This is the first time I felt Sam really loved him and I am invested in them now.

Steve is finally showing some emotion behind Jason and when he's stoic it works like in his scenes with Sonny.

I think it's a positive sign they are giving these kids personalities finally although I think I would still recast a few.  Rocco is the only one I am truly sold on.

I am still not sure I am 100% these changes are going to turn around the show because I think there is a lot to fix and a lot of dead weight, but I am happy with the way it's all starting.

• Members

DZ has always been a good, charismatic actor.  The show just either used him waaaay too much circa 2010 or hardly at all-these last several years.  Dante is a much more likeable and viable character than Michael played by an actor that didn't check out 8 years ago, so I don't know why Chad Duell gets the airtime.

• Members

Because Michael is seen as the golden child of the soap's forced faces: Carly & Sonny, and that's purely why. Even though that title should have gone to Morgan had his portrayer not been so... well, you know. I'll be interested in seeing how Mulcahey & Korte handle Dante moving forward.

• Members

Finn Francis Carr (Rocco) more than held his own with the veteran performers he’s had scenes with. He’s definitely a step above the actors playing Danny, Jake, and especially Aiden. Some of them could probably develop to be better than they are now, true, but Carr definitely has a different screen presence. He should have had as much screen time as Danny and Jake have had lately.

• Members

I do get Michael being the center child of GH for so long makes him important, but CD makes it impossible to even care much about him.  The mismanagement of Morgan was strange.  I am sure Morgan will be back some day.  BC was good, but not unrecastable.  I always assumed one day he would pop up again alive and be Avery's actual father.

Rocco is definitely a step above the other two, IMO.  Aiden is the weakest, but he has been given the least amount of things to play.  All we know is he bakes and likes Tobias.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I mean, he's okay so far, lol. He frankly hasn't had much to do or say so far so I can't gauge him to that degree. It's largely reaction work. I would definitely not place him above Hudson, who has been outacting half the adult cast for almost ten years but YMMV.

The kid playing Danny is seemingly the greenest of those three but has charisma and plays well off Rocco. He is cocky but sweet to Rocco who is more sensitive, and that's a nice beat to play.

Aiden seems like a nice kid but is not an actor and needs to be replaced lol. He crashed that half-decent scene with Jake and Danny and made it truly hilarious.

Edited by Vee