GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

Or maybe Tracy’s spiritual successor, lol. In my mind she followed in her parents footsteps and is a brilliant young doctor, but she also has a morally questionable side to her ala John Dixon from ATWT. An anti-heroine, with a heart, making the wrong decisions for the right reasons. Never a flat out unredeemable villain though.

I’m not sure we’ll get that effort of character development in this age though, but total fan fiction mode here, lol. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's fine, my elaborate plans for Dr. Thomas Hardy and spiky feminist novelist Christina Collins (commoditizing her mother Lucy's scandalous past for a bestseller and a streaming deal), or Sarah Webber's fúcked-up perfect family, are even more overwrought. I would have Liz and Sarah's domineering mother Carolyn, a brilliant surgeon (and definitely recast), be the latest hospital villain though.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Oviously likes & dislikes are subjective. Although I do not agree with the very popular negative view of Eden  & her character Joss, but I do know what people say they don't like about her.  And I may regret asking this but I have no idea what people dislike about either Taby or about Trina. As far as the basic tradecraft goes, she is fulfilling the job of an actor & her character does fit as the younger heroine. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Contessa Donatella

• Toups unpinned this topic
  • Members

I like the idea of Emma not being little miss perfect when/if she ever returns. She doesn’t have to be a full on villain. Monica and Alan were excellent doctors, mostly good people who both also had a dastardly side, especially when it came to each other in their younger days. There are many ways to have a character that is not sugary sweet, and it could be fun to watch.

• Members
Posted (edited)

With the characters in her age group rapidly going through college, I’d have Emma return to PC to attend medical school in a year or two, intern at GH, and live with Anna. That way she’s technically a full fledged adult and doesn’t necessarily need Robin or Patrick on the canvas to ground her. 

Maybe her insecurity is feeling like she can never live up to Robin’s (or St. Robin as SJB’s Carly would say, lol) “perfect” image and thinking that’s what everyone expects from her. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members
Posted (edited)

They should have retired Robert and Holly back in May 2023, for the 60th anniversary. To think that Robert would have any qualms about being with Holly, and especially having that qualm be Diane, is so ridiculous and such character assassination.

It's sad that the show has never really invested in Scorpio since his return in 2006, never giving him his own storyline or exploring his character or what he did during his lost years. He was basically the star of the show from 1984-1992. 

Edited by Jdee43

• Members

I've often said that if Ron Carlivati had been faced with the problem that Gloria Monty faced after the rape, that Ron would have immediately killed Luke & brought back Tony Geary as a new character named Myron, in a sleeveless sweater vest, and with a pocket protector filled with pens, pencils & instruments. Also he'd have read poetry to Laura. 

It's a kind of game I play, "What Would Ron Carlivati Do?" 

• Members

They really need to do a better job of moving Trina forward and beyond just being Josslyn’s BFF and the relationship with Spencer. It hasn’t helped that she’s barely been on since Spencer “died.” It’s hard to care longterm if the investment in the character just isn’t there beyond her association with her white friends who get featured a lot more (talk about bad optics). 

It’s a new month and almost a month since Jason returned - it’s time to get other stories and characters not directly tied to that story moving. All the eggs can’t be in that one basket for too much longer.

• Members

Like others have said on this thread, I don't envy Korte/Mulcahey their jobs, because there are a LOT of characters and stories to have parse through right now.  

• Members

3-29

First of all...BEEEEeeassssTTT!!! That said...VALENTIN is head of Pikeman. And not only that, Sonny MIGHT be currently off his meds again. Wow. Talk about a twist. But I guess it's good to see Valentin living up to his 2017 rumors. But if that is the case, I guess that's done-zo for him and Anna for sure because looks like he's on his way to being a villain again.

Speaking of villain...so I now wonder if Ava is working for Valentin. Because she's definitely was manipulating Sonny in those last scenes. 

Jason above Bobbie's again?? It feels weird without Liz being there. No lie. 

Rocco sighting!!! And I awww (and giggled at Olivia) during his scene with Dante. Who I was very happy to see him wake up. 

I thought that was a pretty good week. It's funny how it really just focused on the after-effects of Jason's return with VERY LITTLE Jason honestly. We got to see people's points of views. We got to see people react. So much so it wasn't until Pikeman sprung back up with Beast and Valentin that I forgot about the A plot of it all. lol. I was just enjoying seeing everybody.