GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Totally agree here. 

Yes, of course, introducing the medicine tampering gives Sonny an excuse. 

And, I think that PM/EK are indeed deep mining history, which is how NF may rear its head in this year, too!

Whew. Thanks. Now, just tell me, who is Cameron's father & who is Aiden's father? And, how is Ric related to Sonny? 

I'm almost to the finish line!!! 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In the latter half of his career if RC absolutely has to write for conventionally 'good' characters he generally either gives them babies to be stolen or bartered around, turns them crazy with DID/mental issues or both. He tried a bit of the second option with Lulu after she got frozen by Stavros; tried to redo the insanely unpopular Teen Jessica story from OLTL where Lulu suddenly had amnesia or whatever and hung out with Milo of all people. BTS backlash blessedly killed that quickly.

• Members

Cameron's father is Zander.  Lucky is Aiden's dad.

Ah...the time RC tried to make Milo a thing.  Don't remind me.  I remember several episodes that just showed the actor shirtless working out with ER's new Lulu and I couldn't.

• Members

It's truly comical.  Out of all the actors, characters, humans in the universe RC could have focused on he chose a Cheetwood brother.  I suppose he had a nice body, but I don't think he's very good looking and not RC's usual type.  And acting certainly wasn't his specialty.  Maybe Ron was getting a deal on Monavie from him or something.

• Members

Yes, Molly's dad is Sonny's brother Ric (name of charachter and actor). Therefore Molly is Sonny's neice. Molly's sister Kristina II is fathered by Sonny, making them sibblings and cousins

Please register in order to view this content

Sonny has had way to many kids, misacarriages and still births fathered by him. Frank era retcons have also severely confused family trees.

GH is like Marland era ATWT in that we have a massive cast of characters who all interact and have connections with each other. It would probably be easier to follow if GH was like Bell era Y&R, charachters only intereacting with a few others in their bubbles.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I think it was both him and (also gay) Frank. The fetishization of Yuri and the continued insistence on the awkward NB strip show reminds me of the Milo Hour tbh. Yuri is just another Milo to me, only on Scruff lol.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

OOps! Completely forgot the littlest one.

Maxie: Georgie/Spinelli, James/Nathan, Bailey Lou/Peter August
Wait a minute!
Willow family: Wiley/MIchael & Nelle, Amelia/Michael.
I refuse to be embarrassed that I completely forgot this whole family.
Edited by Contessa Donatella

• Members
Posted (edited)

I had to half-watch a lot of episodes this week while working so I am diving deeper into 'em now. I'll be that guy: I thought the Jasons (get it) fight scenes were fine til non-acting Aiden wandered in as the hype man and it turned into camp hysteria. HW was just fine and the Danny kid is green but had energy and was no Andrew Trischitta. Could it have been better, sure, but anyone who watched the Shane Morasco bullying story on OLTL (or any of the child content on GH in the last 10+ years, paging the Spencer/Emma/Cameron/Joss fourth grade love quad) has seen far worse.

I was also pleased with the Molly/Kristina stuff continuing to again explore them unpacking their past childhood romanticization of Jasam, which was so much a part of the girls back in the day. It was well written but would've hit better with at least one of the original actors. This Molly still feels like a random contest winning civilian to me. The baby plot now seems like a total afterthought; Kristina should miscarry tomorrow. Also very pleased with the Trina/Joss scenes which for once do not center Joss. Eden and Tabyana do have real rapport and warmth together.

Kelly Monaco and Steve Burton both seem to have come back to work. I've been surprised and pleased with Steve especially, who rarely makes this much of an effort. Even Diane didn't piss me off in those scenes with Jason, because CH played them earnestly and with some heart and it wasn't all Diane complaining about the mobsters she loves to work for.

Tristan really does not look well and I'm very concerned.

Edited by Vee

• Members

This is the perfect time to bring back Dr. Thomas Hardy, Jr and cast an actor who is the age the character should be - 34.  Portia and Curtis being uncomfortable with the age gap between Thomas and Trina can be part of the story. 

• Members

I've been wanting him back as a cocky doctor a la Patrick for some time. Though I would have his intro story be having a secret affair with the recently-separated, older Portia and scandalizing her upstanding life at first before moving him to someone entirely new (namely, Lucy and Scott's daughter Christina).

• Members

I am also very concerned about Tristan. He looks frail and gaunt. He has mostly been seated in his scenes. Don't need to google his age, but he is up there and doesn't look well. I almost thought he had some eye work done. Probably did. But this look lately is making me very uneasy about his health. I hope he's okay. Always loved me some Robert Scorpio.

Wonder what's the latest on Mac Scorpio's return (and the actor's health)?

• Members

More good material at the end of the week with additional strong, unlikely character work - Sam and Stella and Sam reminiscing about the past (and her oft-forgotten engagement to Patrick) and Stella bringing up Mike as well. Molly and Alexis talking the law and its dimensions again, which feels like Mulcahey. Even the energy between Carly and Nina in their brief scene at the arraignment was refreshingly different; Nina pretty much blew it off without a big emotional outburst for once and they didn't spend the entire hour yowling at each other with Carly unloading both barrels on sniveling Neens as they've been wont to do for a couple years. Again, very annoying that Drew is finally hot again and intriguing with Nina of all people. The cutting and framing on Drew and Nina watching Jason and Carly seems deliberate. They really did speedrun the Drew/Carly break-up overnight over little to nothing lol, but I'm not complaining.

The kid playing Rocco is indeed good as I suspected he might be from that brief set of scenes with Laura a couple weeks ago. I like the Danny/Rocco relationship and how the brash Danny seems to be kind to the more sensitive boy. It's these kind of distinguishing elements that help soap kids stand out on a show that has way too many already. Dante and Sam are still a very boring couple but I absolutely buy that Sam loves him now - the writing for her the last few days was very strong, and Kelly really came through too. The monologuing from Brennan after Valentin took off was interesting, and seems like it was all PM.

They really are taking Jason back to the '90s basics, living above Kelly's/Bobbie's (he said his money was frozen for now) as he and Carly reminisce about the people they were back then - simpler, humbler. This is very deliberate from Mulcahey/Korte and makes me wonder what is actually next.

Fúcked up that Avery drew a picture of comatose Dante frowning with some 'ZZZZ' lines by his head btw! I guffawed.