DAYS: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Great, you've got me laughing. Of course, there used to be more than abundant Lauras. Denise Alexander played a Susan, a Lesley & a Mary, oh and a Marisa. Cady McClain played a Dixie, a Rosanna & a Jennifer. At least B&B's Steffy is familial. Oh, so is DAYS. Stephanie is named for her father, Stephen. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So all this focus on the Horton house and the newly created flashbacks featuring a young Tom and Alice -- is this just a flash in the pan, little more than a stand alone episode??  Or is this actually going to lead to something, like an ongoing plot?  Or possibly a renewed focus on the Horton family?  Funny (or is it tragic?), they always talk about the Hortons as if they are still very important to the show, but mostly is seems like all talk.  In other words, they pay a lot of lip-service to the Hortons, but it never seems to go anywhere past the talking stage.  Is this time going to be any different?  What do you think??

Edited by Mona Kane Croft

• Members

Thought of another detail slightly related:  I read a while back that in the script for DOOL's very first Christmas episode, it was explained that the ornament tradition was started by Tom Horton's parents, and passed down to Tom and Alice.  Does anyone know if this is actually true?  If so, then the flashbacks from last week sorta changed history by having the ornament tradition be Alice's idea, with no mention of Tom's parents.  No big deal 55 years later, I suppose. But real nods to established history are actually one of the things that soaps do best, if they choose to.

• Members

I'm curious if the resolution of Tripp's kidnapping will unravel the mystery surrounding Li's murder and lead to Gabi's exoneration.

I've long speculated that Li might have been mistaken for Tripp. Because he was stabbed from behind in their shared apartment, mere days after an attempt on Tripp's life by the impostor in the ER.

In the old DAYS, Tripp and Wendy would likely be imprisoned in that room until May sweeps. However, Salem's time now moves at breakneck speed, so I anticipate their liberation by next week. Still, I hope their escape signifies the demise of Clyde's scheme, rather than merely a plot twist.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I’m so sick of Clyde. He’s not even an entertaining villain. I literally just want the character killed off and never mentioned again. It’s still nuts to me that EJ DiMera has yet to get revenge on the man who tried to kill him and murdered his sister in law in his home.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

I’m sure we all expected Harris not to remember right away. On the one hand, it’s annoying, but on the other hand, it could more layers to the storyline and possibly make it even messier, which I hope happens.

I still think that Everett is full of crap. BB has been doing a good job, but it still all goes back to the way that he’s playing it. If Everett is actually being sincere, then I think that BB needs some different direction from somebody. But I do like the way that they’re writing Stephanie; still being there for Everett but also suspicious of him. That’s a lot better than her being blindly devoted to him and messing up her friendship with Jada in the process. 

Not really sure about Wendy’s panic attack though. I thought she was tougher than that. But I did like Tripp being all sweet and dorky with her.

• Members

4.8/10 I am honestly intrigued about the Everett plot, although I don't approve of the foreshadowing of a Chad/Stephanie reunion as the outcome of that story.  I predicted that we'd spend too much time on the Horton House stuff to waste time until RC returned. But the story is moving forward in a way that I would not notice the change, if it were not pointed out to me on this forum.

I've got a lot of questions about the Everett/Bobby situation regarding his memory loss:

1. How does he know that he was a reporter if he has memory loss?
  2. Aren't there articles online attributed to Bobby?
  3. Who did Chad (or was it Xander?, or Gwen?) contact to get information to hire Everett for the Spectator?  Wasn't he introduced as an award-winning reporter?

It makes no sense that Wendy and Tripp can't overpower the lady cop.  Kick her, throw the tablet at her head, run in opposite directions, there are multiple ways out of that situation as it appears that she is on her own.  And Wendy's story about learning mountain climbing in India seemed like an obvious tell of how they are planning to escape. 

Finally, I call for the end of traumatic amnesia as a story device for at least a year.  By the end of this week, Harris, Holly, Everett, and Abe will all conveniently suffer from the same rare event.  Much like latex masks, some story conventions need to be put to rest.

@AbcNbc247 or @carolineg  I'm still confused about one thing.  We know Stefan shot Harris, and it appears the lady cop tried to shoot Lucas, but is there a third person who set fire to the Horton House?  I'm going to leave the question of how Stefan knew what Xander would wear to go running, or when he planned to leave, to general suspension of disbelief.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Predictable. But, also not unrealistic. It might be good if he begins to have vague images, that grow with time, until he's so close to seeing the whole picture. 

I was glad that Kayla & Marlena both today wondered if he could be faking memory loss. That would seem to be a real way this might go. 

Well, if I were her, I would not be sitting by his side, not at all. 

Having a panic attack doesn't mean you're not tough. Especially if claustrophobia is a possible issue. 

I thought today was another good DAYS. I figure I am just about as spoiled by these scab writers as it is possible to be!

Over the weekend I read some posts I made about DAYS 2 years back. At that time I had what I called a Low Bar Policy. I would keep watching if nothing actually offended me!! Where we've been & where we are! 

• Members

Not much happened today, but I was liking the dynamics between Chad/Everett/Jada. I hope we find out more about Everett/Jada’s past soon. It could all lead to something interesting, especially if it turns out that Everett actually is full of crap. And I really liked Chad losing it on Everett. I felt like their storyline with Stephanie was dropped too quickly and I wouldn’t mind them picking it back up again. Billy Flynn did really well today. 

Johnny sitting at Holly’s bedside was really nice too. I wonder what’s gonna happen when she finds out that he’s now married to Chanel. 

Paulina possibly needing a heart transplant could be interesting as well.

Btw, what is this obsession with Pride and Prejudice?

• Members

Yes, Lord, yes, today I felt like Billy Flynn was speaking for me?!! Giving him hell!

Johnny was so fantastic today, first with Holly & then to Chanel. Also when Nicole saw him & shouted with glee, "Johnny!!!" 

I figured that this with her was going to get serious. 

Beats me.