GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Unfortunately he adds nothing to his scenes. When the past is mentioned and his talking about it with others it comes off meaningless. If they weren't going to bring the original actor .... They shouldn't have even bothered. It's an epic failure. No fault of the actor but of FV.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have to agree.  The best part of the Jagger character was how smoking hot young ASJ was.  He wasn't a fully fleshed out intriguing character.  He was always just eye candy.  There's no point to him being on the canvas now just so he can talk some crap to Sonny.  I would do that for free lol.

• Members

Personally I do not see it as an outcry. Just a very usual fan reaction. And, I am open to and anxious to see more of the actual character on the screen. I not only see this unaware bigotry but also embarrassment & shock that she did not know. Both are insightful & perceptive for a character who has just learned this about her daughter. So, what I see is good writing & good acting & some extra press coverage where some questionable things were said. It got blown up here today but I don't think it was because of my original post. 

• Members

I literally said I don't want to cancel LaRue or near it.

I don't think this is that big a deal, but it was brought up here for discussion, so I commented on it. We've discussed even less important topics with a lot more outcry than this. I think words matter, and all I'm saying is that Eva LaRue stepped in it during that interview.

If GH is going to tackle gay issues and relationships, I don't want some sugar-coated bullsh#t. I'm fine with Natalia being homophobic. That's real, that's life.

But don't set her up as anti-gay and then feed me some line that she's just upset her daughter didn't share everything with her.

This goes beyond what Eva LaRue believes in her own life or believes about her character. I'm hoping we get clarity when Mulcahey takes over and that GH doesn't take the easy way out.

• Members

That's fair.  I don't agree about ELR stepping in it on this interview, but everyone can have their own take on it.  I really don't think ELR was being homophobic, but more savvy about her character's longevity.  If she's putting a spin on Natalia now maybe it will lead to a contract down the road.  I really don't think it has anything to do with her personal beliefs, but more on squeezing the screentime her character can get.  Again, though, YMMV on this.

• Webmaster

Watched the Eva clip and found nothing wrong with what she said. She was describing her character and her character's motives. Made perfect sense to me listening to it in its raw form. Maybe if I re-listen I might not feel the same way, but thus far I heard and saw nothing wrong.

That's just my opinion, of course.

• Members

2-26

I'll say this much...Eva looks GOODT.

And I agree with you, @carolineg. While I thought NuJagger's intro was done well enough, watching him now with Carly...or just the end of last week...already seems redundant and pointless when they could use someone else in that role.

• Members

I saw someone saying that they thought she'd had so much work done & she looked the worse for it. While I keep saying that she looks more beautiful today than she did 10 years ago. And, she was incredibly beautiful back then! So, like, whoever that person is, I suspect they need to have their glasses checked! 

• Members

There is just so little that ties NuJagger to OGJagger.  Looks aside, this guy could be anyone that just throws out names like Stone and Karen.  He isn't giving any of the rebel, motorcycle riding, boxing, messy, womanizing character Jagger was.  He's just some guy that hates Sonny.

• Members

Let me put it another way entirely. We were told to expect bigotry from Ali's family. We saw her reaction. After she left we heard Ali describe how her mother bobbed & weaved, changing the subject & refusing to acknowledge her & then up & leaving. Then the actress says, "Nope, not homophobic." This & that, which may be valid also, but she says it is instead. And, I still say this is akin to a villain saying their character is not a villain but is just misunderstood. This is just actors being actors & I happen to adore them. Anyway, in the coming weeks, one way or another, we are going to find out! And, I hope it's a great story & I still think these scripts were tweaked. I do not see this kind of insight & perception into character from Dan & Chris. YMMV of course. 

• Members

There's a part of me that wonders if Frank Valentini actually wanted ASJ to come back as Jagger, but the network said nah, so they had to scramble and we're getting Bed, Bath and Beyond Jagger as a result.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I tend to doubt it.  FV won't even let Vanessa near the room because he dislikes her.  I can't see him personally advocating for ASJ the Trumper.  There really isn't much upside to hiring ASJ and I don't think Frank is that dumb.

I think it's an idea Frank had, but didn't actually watch a single Jagger scene ever and just hired a handsome, blonde guy.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Well, he auditioned for Brennan & they really liked his audition BUT they liked this other guy for Brennan, so they put a pin in him. Someday are we gonna hear that they were tossing around who they could bring in as a new Fed & somehow this guy & that historical character's name, basically, all came together? 

LOL! He actually said that the first thing that needs to happen at GH is to fire that Frank guy. Right, not an inducement to employment. 

• Members

Brennan and Jagger have almost nothing in common except loosely law enforcement.  So if that's the case it was a very silly idea.  No matter what GH thought about AH and how good he was there is no way on earth he should have been greenlit as a Jagger recast.  People weren't asking for a Jagger return, but care enough to see this recast is ridiculous.