RIP: Former OLTL actor Kamar de los Reyes has passed

• Members

Oh my, this is heartbreaking to hear over a holiday! 

I first remember Kamar and really liking him on a little TV show called Four Corners which was hyped up by CBS and I wanted to succeed but it unfortunately the show was DOA. 

RIP indeed and sympathies to Sherri, another daytime alum I’ve always admired. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is so unexpected and heartbreaking! So many of the soap names that still register as “young” in mind are leaving us, and it’s such an unfortunate reminder of how precious and fleeting life really is. I wasn’t the hugest Antonio fan when I first started watching OLTL, but I def came to appreciate both KDLR and David Fumero - not just as incredibly sexy men but as solid soap performers. This is truly a loss for Llanview.

• Members

I did too. It's a strange phenomenon scrolling through social media and seeing a familiar face that you haven't seen in a long while and having an immediate gut sense that you should not be seeing this person.

This is incredibly sad news. Kamar was so young, and his poor wife and children. I used to see Sherri on the UWS running errands and such. Robin Strasser and Kamar were close, this must be devastating for her as well. It was an inspired move to take a day player but mostly unseen character like Carlotta, beef up her role and create a family around her.

One of my favorite Kamar memories was a small but cute one. He was having a scene while eating a handful of nuts, shaking them in his hand like dice before popping them into his mouth with a playful grin.

God bless him, he was an indelible part of countless after-school memories.

• Members

Devastating for his family and children, and on Christmas Eve. May he RIP.

I remember him on OLTL when the show began shoring up its next generation of younger talent. Back in the day, it was always kind of exciting when a soap expanded its canvas to incorporate the new with the established.

• Members

Going through his IG, he did look gaunt in recent months. Cancer can be such a cruel disease, whether it’s aggressive or lingers for years. His parents are both still alive according to his NYT obit. Their hearts must be shattered. Deaths around the holidays can ruin that season forever, as many of us know.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I am very sorry to hear this news about Kamar. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones. I enjoyed Antonio on OLTL, especially his bond with Christian as well as his mother Carlotta, Jamie, etc...

One of my favorite scenes of his was actually when Nelly Furtado guest starred as an old friend of his and he got up to dance with her at the end of her performance. It was such a fun, spirited moment, he was getting it. I enjoyed the energy and presence he brought to the role of Antonio.

May he rest in peace.

Edited by xtr