Days: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

It's funny but I don't like it when we only see Marlena as a shrink. I like to see her with family members. But, I very much do like it when we see characters actually in therapy. And, they really made their point with Talia & moving her from no experience being attracted to women to having romantic feels for Chanel. I was dubious that they could take us there. But they did. 

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Deidre has so few guarantees that it almost seems like a waste to spend them on watching her work, but it's still nice to see her doing therapy.  We just end up missing out on her doing anything with John or her family.  Her last several episodes have been her working or talking about work.  There just needs to be a balance.

I am obviously late on the uptake, but I just realized FauxEric is Cooper Barrett from GH!  

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

What is the point of Days since it moved to Peacock? Boring storylines. 47 minutes today? Why? The Talia crap and those eyebrows! So annoying and distracting. And just NO to Talia and Chanel. Ugh. Ava and Harris were on about 20 minutes too long. What has happened to this show? There is literally nothing going on worth tuning into the next episode for. 

• Members

I am against Talia falling for Chanel too in some ways.  I find this story too similar to the Allie romance with Chanel "turning" these straight girls onto bisexuality, but it is soapy and could be good if they involve Tripp/Wendy/Johnny. 

The Ava/Harris scenes did go on too long although they weren't bad.  TB and SBu work very well together.  I just don't care about either of them.

The Eric/Sloan/EJ/Nicole story is the only story I feel that seems like it has high stakes. 

• Members

Yeah, it's really teetering on the stereotype that women are more sexually fluid than men, especially black women; that they can so easily be turned or convinced to go the other way. On the flip side, I highly doubt we'd ever see an "alpha male" (ugh, hate that term, BTW) like a Xander or Alex suddenly get a boner for a dude. 

• Members

Well, if you want some character development and an update about Will. And Tripp looking hot

As for the spoiler, sounds interesting. I actually didn’t see it coming 

Yep.

Number 3 sure has grown since the Metro Court Hostage Crisis

I just hope they don’t mess it up 

• Members

Agreed.  Idk, something about the progression of Talia's feelings seems really quick.  This is another story that the show could have played out more slowly and show Chanel/Talia reconnecting as friends first.

I knew I recognized him.  I just didn't expect him to be that silver fox, but I guess it's been like a decade and a half lol.  I will never get over his last name being Barrett, but no relation to Brenda.

• Members

I agree with you completely, which is why DAYS having so many gay/bi characters has to come with an asterisk.  The women on this show (especially women of color) are used so much differently than the men when it comes to sexuality. It's all especially embarrassing since Carlivati is gay. A straight white male couldn't do a worse job with these characters and stories.

Like you and many others here, I notice WAY too much about the DAYS sets. I think that's not only because of story problems, but also because it's hard to believe how BAD so many sets are, from size to layout to decor to lighting.

Yesterday I couldn't stop gagging at Paulina's apartment. She's supposedly rich, but the place looks like Dollar General decorated it and then added about 20 more items when they were done.

In her apartment, and on so many other DAYS sets, I've noticed how obvious the piecing of the set walls is. They use 2x4s to connect wall flats in the most obvious -- and wrong -- places.It looks cheap and shoddy. The other soaps do not do this.

• Members

At least Paulina's house looks livable.  Cheap, but it looks like a house/apartment.

Sloan's house feels like you would trip over the couch when you walk in.  And then Eric is constantly napping on that couch.  Like he couldn't walk 4 feet to the bed lol?  The stairs/upstairs portion doesn't make any sense either.  It's designed so poorly.  

John/Marlena's house also defies sense when they have that small ass living room and one hallway that leads to the bathrooms, kitchen, multiple bedrooms, etc all on one floor.  

• Members

I just thank goodness that John and Marlena only have one deadbeat son living with them.  They should be able to enjoy their twilight years without needing to constantly give Brady a timeout for using John's gun and having makeout sessions on the sofa.

• Members

The same what I think when I see Chad & Stephanie's new pad. That cramped lil living room/kitchen area is like a studio or a 1 bedroom with lousy square footage. To think two spunky lil kids also live there? C'mon... 

I hate that Paulina has no windows. I get that they're supposed to be on the "4th wall," but they've gotten lazy at using strategic lighting to convey light shining in through a window. 

And... what I have complained about now for YEARS... they need to crank up the ambient outdoor noise! Let's hear that air, that wind, crickets, birds, traffic going by, etc. etc. etc.  And someone please set up an oscillating fan so that those plastic leaves and trees show some sort of life to them. 

And while we're talking about the overall cheapness, I swear they recycle the same five background extras and just put them in various wigs, toupees, and thick-rimmed glasses. 

End of rant.

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

It's strange the show made an effort to give Chad and his kids a new place, but it does not look like it could fit 2 adults and 2 children.  And am I supposed to believe single Alex lives in a spacious 3br apartment next store too?

The extras in the back do crack me up with their silly glasses and wigs.  The show must really think their viewers are idiots.

• Members

Yeah, from your keyboard to the soap universe! I'm honestly not optimistic. See, Challie was easy. They had great optics & the camera loved them being lovey-dovey and they managed to foul that up! This isn't easy. It's the hard way. I fear the worst. 

I have more gay male friends than female friends & just on "sensitivity" alone I question how Ron got his membership card.

@Gray Bunny  Is it a stereotype or is it true? Or is it both?

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more