Days: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I would not be in favor of that recast, but I am slightly annoyed that it is being discussed in this thread, rather than in the Previews & Spoilers thread where it belongs...

Getting back to the show that is currently airing, I was clutching my proverbial pearls at Dimitri's scenes today.  This is the second time that they've overtly implied that he's getting oral pleasure.  I know I didn't see that on NBC!

I enjoyed that they played with the timeline a bit by telling how Tripp wound up in bed with Leo.  However, I agree that Leo needs some real consequences for constantly abusing the boundaries of straight men.  It is not funny, and it sends a bad message (not that the whole BTS story doesn't send a bad message, but two wrongs blah blah blah).

I give this week a 7/10, DAYS wins a lot of points based on the charisma of the cast.  The Xander/Maggie scene for example was intriguing to watch, even though the topic of Victor and Xander's reconciliation seems to come out of thin air. 

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm feeling a little vindicated today.

A couple weeks ago, I was called out for saying that cast members like Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn needed to say something about the mess at DAYS. I was told I was victim-shaming and that I put them in an impossible postition.

I think Arianna Zucker proved me right -- that cast members CAN and DID make a difference. Would Alarr have been fired without AZ's voice? Maybe. But when Arianne spoke out, the ball started rolling and others felt the power to speak out.

Notice that Zucker nevver directly used Albert Alarr's name. She didn't have to. I never said that cast members should put themselves at risk, and Arianne Zucker proved there was an effective and forceful way to make a point.