Days: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2023/08/days-of-our-lives-50-years-suzanne-rogers-maggie-horton-kiriakis-on-air-tribute

any chance Deidra hall will participate?? I understand she and sue didn't share a scene in years, but come on.. this is a special occasion. 

and I hope the episode will show un-seen rare footage, not the same flashbacks. kudos for Maggie, sticking in Salem for 50 years!! 

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Damn, John is Big Brother. Who would want to live in that apartment?

Please register in order to view this content

I’m glad Brady came to his senses and delivered his demon spawn to Kristen in the end though. Hopefully, this will lead to a new story arc for these characters because I’m so over all this current crap. 

Looking forward to Chad and Stephanie tomorrow now that she knows what he did. I hope we get a good explanation of Chad’s actions and insecurities and that Stephanie isn’t dumbed down in the process. What’s coming up tomorrow and next week might be a good arc for this triangle. 

And Jada was mean today. There was no reason for her to be such a dick about Shawn. His scenes today prove that more can be done with this storyline and his relationship with Belle. I hope they continue to show that onscreen. I still think Shawn’s problems should be the A story on the show right now. 

• Members

I don't even consider John that smart, but Brady is an absolute idiot.  Maybe it's John's lowkey way of getting his adult son to move out of his parents house at 50. 

So Jada has very valid points.  Unfortunately, the whole thing is undercut by the fact she knew dating Rafe was against the rules and made a conscious decision to break those rules.  It doesn't make Shawn's actions right, but it's not like she's entirely blameless in all this.

The Stephanie/Chad/Alex stuff is pretty boring to me.  I can't get into at all.

• Members

I was thinking of you while watching today's episode, because the funny thing is, since they've moved into that apartment, I don't think the kids have spent more than one night sleeping in their rooms.  Last week they were off with Julie, and tonight they're with Rachel, (whose Mom was smart to buy bunk beds because you know those kids are going to be sleeping there the whole time).

Rachel's expression when Brady dropped her off was haunting.  I can't tell if that child actor is good enough to play subtext, but her attachment to Kristen really felt like a "screw you" to her father for not indulging her every whim.

I thought the Chad, EJ, and Kristen scene was amusing, but I feel dumb because I always forget that Kristen is EJ's sister, not his Aunt.  I always falsely remember Kristen being Susan's sister, but she's just her doppelgänger. BTW, it does make sense that Susan was always a bit off, I would have an identity crisis too if four different people looked exactly like me!

@Gray Bunny I think, given Brady's recent remarks about working at Basic Black, his antagonism with Victor goes back to the CEO struggles, and Victor randomly assigning the CEO duties to others whenever Brady didn't follow his demands.

@AbcNbc247 I blame Brady.  He's so dumb that he couldn't come up with an excuse about lower car sales taxes in Texas?  That guy couldn't evade a telemarketer, let alone Kristen. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

Lol!  Today I was thinking about how 4 people even fit in the hallway between the apartments.  Every time Alex/Chad/Stephanie are in that hallway they are practically on top of each other.  It's such a narrow space between the two apartments.  Alex can probably hear everything going on next door. 

• Members

It makes me laugh. All this talk about rules and policies that they think are unfair, and the whole time I'm just like, "Work for the city of New York and see all the rules we gotta follow" 

Yeah, he could have at least said something he wanted to take her on vacation or something

• Members

It just invalidates most of the argument when Jada's all my rule breaking is less bad than Shawn's.  Rafe should have been fired, Jada should have been suspended at least, and Shawn should be on desk duty.  I feel bad for all the background extra detectives with fake mustaches that probably do their jobs well without breaking rules. They are the victims here. 

• Members

Forgot to say this yesterday, but those new doors at Chad and Stephanie’s apartment are ugly

I liked Chad/Stephanie’s scenes today. I’m glad that Chad explained why he did what he did but I wish they had let him explain more about his history because this hasn’t been the first time he’s done something like this. It would’ve have given Stephanie, and the fans more understanding of Chad. I hope that somehow this continues to be the thing that builds conflict for them.

Today, it was Belle that was a dick for no reason. But I was glad to see Chloe shut her down. I was also glad to see Brady point out why Xander is so eager to marry Chloe. That’s a really interesting character trait for Xander and I think it can be used to drive story. 

And, awww Victor 

I don’t like the way he’s going out, but Days does tributes really well. Not only for the actor that passed away, but they also provide a lot of good material for other actors as well. 

• Members

Rex needs to find some self-respect and stop trying to get back with Sarah.  Find a woman that's not currently pregnant and in love with another man.

Belle was a horrible friend today, but Chloe held her own.  People should bring up Xander shot Marlena and EJ shot John much more often than they do though.

The Stephanie/Chad stuff was a snooze.  

As far as killing off Victor, it's a shame Jennifer and/or the family were against this, but I do see where the show is coming from.  With larger than life characters like Stefano and Victor I can see why the show wouldn't want to say they passed quietly in their sleep of natural causes.  It wouldn't fit the omnipotence of the Victor character even though it was easy to see JA's declining health.   I honestly do see both sides of this argument.

• Members

I hear you, but I have to disagree on this. While the Victor character was omnipotent, the fact is that we all watched JA's declining health over many years. We all knew it was coming.

When Maggie heard about Victor's missing plane today, I felt cheated. I realize closure is an overrated and sometimes impossible to get, but this -- a missing body -- is the very example of NO closure. It cheats the audience, it cheats the other actors, it cheats the character.

I cannot believe they settled on THIS as John Aniston's exit