Days: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I guess we'll see how Janet affects what we're seeing on screen - or if it's just business as usual. We know that Ron didn't want to do the devil storyline (which was a demand from the higher ups), plus the inability for the show to retain the actors wasn't exactly his choice - by all accounts they killed off Abby because they couldn't get the actresses to commit to doing the show.

That is if Ron comes back at all after the strike is over.

• Members

They did about 80 permutations with the devil before it was over. Whether RC initially was into it or not he certainly ran with it whole-hog.

And I'm sorry but I don't buy that he isn't for most of the actor swapping. He originated the trend forcefully and proudly at GH. Having little cameo gigs from Eileen Davidson alongside Stacy Haiduk and then inventing a whole new and even more obnoxious character for Rob Wilson seems right up his alley. His ego long ago made him a firm believer that for soaps he is the last man standing, the true north and that he can and will sell an audience on any choice or die mad trying.

Edited by Vee

• Members

A lot of proposals in todays episode. I really hope the payoff is worth the buildup. And I’m glad Chloe put the breaks on with Xander. It’s too soon for them lol 

Temp Eric seemed ok. Idk if this is the right word to use, but he seemed a lot more happier in his scenes today then Greg Vaughan usually does. Not that Greg doesn’t do a good job though lol and am I the only one who thinks Jason resembles Peter Reckell a little? 

And as for Leo, all I’m gonna say is I really, really hate when awful people keep getting rewarded for their awful behavior. He deserves to suffer. Maybe I’m wrong for feeling that way but I just do. 

Because the writing often gets a little misogynistic at times.

Sometimes, you can just tell lol like when Will and Sonny reunited in 2018 or when he received so much backlash for Stefan and Abby’s multiple personality.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Well, I think you're in real safe territory there! Most people seem to want "bad people" to get hit smack in the head, hard with karma if not worse. I think we enjoy seeing evil be punished!

And, speaking of Leo I find it really cringeworthy that he thinks its okay to climb into bed with someone who is asleep because he is "lonely" or feeling pitiful or whatever is his excuse. He has no sense of boundaries at all!

• Members

The best thing about Friday's show was Tripp and Dimitri.

Watching today's show.....Greg Vaughn is seen in flashbacks with Nicole and seconds later recast Eric appears.

Please register in order to view this content

. No voiceover just white letters explaining the recast.

Leo and Dimitri look so stupid together.

• Members

How long is GV out?  The replacement is decent and cute.  It was funny they were using Vaughn in flashbacks today though.

Why the hell is Xander proposing to Chloe?  They hardly know one another and haven't said I love you or anything.  Super random.  I am glad Xander thinks good parenting is talking to your son on the phone occasionally as well.

Nicole has some awful hair, but I would honestly say LG's Sarah has the most unflattering haircut in all of tv.  It consistently looks horrible.

Edited by carolineg