Days: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

But we the viewers know that this time Kristen didn't actually do it. For once. The moment Brady tore up that document, acting out his anger & frustration like a child, I knew he was going to be in trouble. Then he one-upped anything imaginable with the gun. Didn't even Belle try to get him to consider allowing Kristen to see Rachel before he pulled those stunts? Even if he had held her to supervised visitation, it was time. We may not like the blanket pardon but it happened. It's part of the narrative. It can't be ignored. I wonder about that final scene. Are Kristen & Rachel going bye bye for awhile?

Anyway, I agree that today was a good day. 

Yesterday was a total waste. The only thing interesting was EJ & Kristen scene stealing with candy during something. 

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So, is Kristen going to raise Rachel at the Dimera Mansion?  I guess if I were a precocious little villain I would prefer living in a home with secret laboratories, a family mausoleum, and a pool, but it's getting rather crowded in that house.  Maybe she'll get Megan's room?

It seems both out-of-character and plot convenient that John was at the hospital rather than the courthouse.  He is so close with Rachel, and one would imagine that a judge would like to hear his testimony.  However, I agree that Belle is an awful attorney if she can't make a better argument in this case.  To be fair, I thought her specialty was corporate law, so maybe Brady was being penny-wise and pound-foolish in hiring her for a custody case.

Edited by j swift

• Members

The last scene made me wonder if they're going to take Kristen & Rachel off for awhile. 

I wish a weird thing. I wish the judge had put Rachel in foster care & Brady & Kristen would have to work together to "earn" her way out of that & to live with them as co-parents in 2 separate households. But, that is not nearly soapy enough & I blame Ken Corday because I'm in just an impossible mood. 

• Members

Today was another episode of family/friends bonding and character development, and I like that. Episodes like this really help fans understand the actions of these characters. Not just on Days, but soaps in general. 

I didn’t expect Abe to move out of the apartment but I can see why he did it. Sometimes, Paulina really should be more subtle lol this could be a good storyline if it’s taken seriously and not taken over by stupid crap. Since the Whitley crap ended, it’s been going fine. 

I did like the Sloan/Melinda scenes too. I hope this friendship continues to grow and that she doesn’t try to blackmail Sloan when she finds out her secret. It would be something different for her and she really needs that

And I did enjoy Tripp/Wendy too. Let them be happy for a little bit before the conflict sets in lol too bad their romantic night is going to be ruined. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Agreed, I think Wednesday episodes are built for recaps and character development.  I didn't watch Tuesday, so this is a nice pace.

However, doesn't Tripp live with Steve?  Why is he just now telling him that he's a couple with Wendy?  Also, is there nobody left that still calls him Patch?  I guess it is not an appropriate nickname in a non-ableist culture, but it's odd to hear John and Abe reference him as Steve.

Also, for humorous or historical purposes, just once I'd like friends to reflect on their own history with similar traumas.  Both John and Steve could tell Abe about the time(s) that they lost their memories and forgot about their loved ones.  I mean, John's forgotten his entire upbringing, and Steve believed he was Stefano not too long ago.

Sloan seems very nonchalant about loosing a case where her brother is going to prison for 20 years.  Maybe nobody in Salem believes that people stay in prison for more than a year without getting their sentence commuted?  Unless they're Lucas...

Edited by j swift

• Members

Tripp lives with Wendy and Li.  He moved in when Chanel moved out.

I noticed people have stopped calling Steve "Patch" too.   I think it was more of a Bo thing to be honest.  Kayla never called him Patch and despite what the show tells us and Marlena, RoJohn, Abe, etc were never super close to Steve/Patch during his peak 80's heyday.  Patch is a bit of a silly nickname for a man in his 60's tbh.  There are a lot of reasons to move away from it. 

I meant Talia in my previous post not Jada.  It's really hard to gauge people's reactions when we didn't see any of it happen and Sloan and Talia have not interacted with the Colin actor is weeks. 

• Members

I guess that's why we're not supposed to think Eric is a jerk for interrogating Sloan about Nicole's test result rather than asking how she feels about her brother going to prison.

And, do we think that Eric never references Jada's abortion because it reminds us that Nicole was unsympathetic in that scenario?  It is rather easy to forget why Eric and Nicole broke up, since neither of them talk about it.

Edited by j swift

• Members

He did ask, but she did say she didn't want to talk about it.  Although I agree he seemed to not care at all and only asked out of courtesy.  

I am more surprised Sloan almost told Melinda about her secret.  I actually don't think Melinda would say anything, but they barely know each other.  They shared one drink lol

I meant to say this yesterday, but i am shocked Roman/Marlena are so against Sloan.  Sure, she came into town with bad intentions and all.  I just can't see how she is worse than Nicole in the scheme of things.  I know everyone likes Nicole now, but she stole Sami's child among other misdeeds and has repeatedly cheated on Eric and lied to him.  I get that Eric/Nicole are solulmates and what not, I just don't see how Sloan is that awful.  

• Members

I found myself giggling at all of Sami's phone calls this week.  It feels very in character for her to call Marlena after arguing with Eric about Nicole.  Obviously, a cameo would've been nice, but we didn't need to see her to know exactly what she was ranting about.

• Members

That all seemed to go out with the 80s

Please register in order to view this content

I’m watching 80s Days now, and it was sort of a mixed bag. A lot of people called him Patch but pretty much everyone who was close to him called him Steve. 

Roman’s married to a woman who was going to let his child be put to death for a crime she didn’t commit.

His anti-Sloan argument is invalid

Edited by AbcNbc247