Days: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Now, I thought she was incredibly upset about it. She registered huge dissatisfaction that no mercy was shown. I don't know why she & Melinda Trask were suddenly so buddy-buddy, but she even down talked the judge. Of course she lost that train of thought when test results came up even if she didn't know that was what Eric wanted to discuss. 

What the heck is Talia thinking? Has Chanel taken leave of her senses?

And about them giving the Abe pal role to Steve when it belongs to Roman? I just think it's a different Roman. We've essentially had 3 Romans - RealRoman, Wayne, the cop always who was best friends with Abe & they were cops together; Faux RoJohn one of the confused identities of John Black aka Forrest Alamaine; and now the chowder king, today's recast Roman. 

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Needless to say I haven't taken anything Roman has said seriously since 1997 lol.   I just don't get the Sloan hate.  She loves Eric, the baby was planned, she has a good career, she's pretty, and has her own place (unlike Eric that lives in a room above his family's restaurant).   Sloans cons: she's a bit bitchy, she dislikes Chanel/Paulina, and hates chowder.   No one knows she's scheming and lying right now. Meanwhile, Eric has no career, no home, killed someone while drunk, and has impregnated three woman this year.  I love Eric, but on paper he's not exactly a prize either.  

• Members

To be fair, he took some pictures of Nicole last year....

Honestly, when he mentioned a gallery show a few weeks ago, I had to wondered if he had enough work to fill a space.

Do defrocked priests get a pension?

Edited by j swift

• Members

I think Eric has some work from his time in Africa and could have used those photographs for a show unless his show is featuring pictures of various places around Salem lol.  If you remember, when Nicole/Eric lived in Tripp/Wendy's apartment there used to be a bunch of photographs of "African" landscape and wilderness hung up.

Since Eric has been fired multiple times from the priesthood I doubt he gets any retirement.

• Members

Today was a long one. 44 minutes. 

It was nice seeing Eve again and I’m glad  that she’s rehabilitated. I’m also very glad at the fact that she hasn’t forgiven Ben or that she had to kiss some serial killer ass. I still say Shane and Andrew and the ISA should make Ben have an accident, or at least have Ciara accuse them of it. That would be a great storyline

Please register in order to view this content

Speaking of RSW, I did kind of like Chad putting Alex on blast and embracing his villainous roots to do so. Chad was always more of a grey character and it was refreshing to see that. That side of Chad could be the thing that causes some conflict between him and Stephanie. Hopefully, EJ will embrace the same roots when everything comes out about the baby. 

I enjoyed Sloan today too. She and Eric don’t have to rush into marriage. It’s not the 1960s

Let their relationship grow a little and then get married a little later, before it all gets shot to hell. 

• Members

I am admittedly a Sloan fan.  Sloan came off as a villian in the beginning because she refused to see Chanel was a victim as well.  That being said, I don't think her view on her mother/father's death was abnormal as their daughter.  People do see their family members with rose colored glasses plus both were dead.  Secondly, Paulina did commit a crime by covering up Chanel's part in Sloan's mom's death which still appears to be accidental.  Everything Sloan did against Paulina and Chanel was within the scope of the law and within her right to do so.  Thirdly, the town accused Sloan of doing illegal, horrible things that her brother and Talia did and no one really apologized to Sloan for accusing her.  

I know after all her paternity lies come out everyone is going to say "I told you so" to Eric, but at this point all anyone can say about Sloan is that she has some questionable clients and went about getting justice for her parents in a legal fashion.  She didn't even win.    

I just can't believe the two people responsible for Sami's existence dislike Sloan so much.  Sami does more shady crap on a Tuesday than Sloan has done in her life.  Sami was switching paternity tests at 15, but she's our heroine lol.  Nicole has done some awful things and continues to never learn. I find it so oddly hypocritical.  We are supposed to feel bad for Gwen and Leo!!!, but Sloan's the villian.

• Members

God, I love this post

I’m Team Sloan too, even though Eric and Nicole are still endgame for me. 

I guess this is just the writing team’s way of building additional conflict for Eric and Sloan, but you’re right, it’s too much. And she did have a good case to be mad at Paulina, so I don’t get why people in Salem don’t understand that either. I would’ve thought at least Marlena would come around by now.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I third the preference of Sloan and Eric, so we almost have a quorum.  I admit that I preferred their noncommittal days when they felt that they could be brutally honest with each other.  But, it was a pleasure to see that Sloan still has enough self-respect to want a real proposal.

All things being equal, messing with a DNA result seems like a lower offense than telling Jada to get an abortion. It should go without saying that I support a woman's right to make private medical decisions with her doctor.  However, Nicole's bullying of Jada in a desperate attempt to reconcile with Eric seems much more egregious.  And, it was during Nicole's lowest times that EJ took her into the mansion, which is why they are well suited.  They have frequently been each other's port in a storm, and rather than seeing each other as their second choice, I think they work better together as a team.

Also, how fun would a Sloan vs Belle courtroom scene be?  I know DAYS doesn't do courtroom drama, but it would extend the conflict to see these two in action (I know they have been opposing counsel, but we've never seen them depose a witness or do a cross-examination on screen).

Edited by j swift

• Members

I’ll hop on the #TeamSloan train as well. It seems like Nicole only wants Eric when it’s convenient for her, but doesn’t really want anyone else to have him either…. 

I was an Ejami fan as well, so it’s hard to pull for EJ and Nicole when I’m harboring a desire to see Sami return someday.

Last thought… thank goodness for closed captioning because I can’t seem to understand anything Roman says lately. 

• Members

What great opening scenes

It was stupid that Wendy and Tripp’s night together was told in flashbacks and was ruined by Leo. But at the same time, it did show what a great guy Tripp is

I liked seeing him ready to defend his cousin Gwen even though they have practically no relationship whatsoever. And even him looking out for Leo was nice too. Let’s hope he and Wendy get to have their night together soon. 

Speaking of Gwen, she actually got a sex scene post-Dimitri reveal. And a Peacock one too. Color me surprised

Too bad it was ruined by thoughts of Leo, and that Dimitri actually has feelings for him. It would have been a much better story if he had been playing him too. Someone get Will/Sonny/Paul/Andrew/Craig/Derrick/Brian/Neil/Anybody back to Salem to make Dimitri forget all about Leo

Btw, Dimitri is a machine

Switching gears, I did like how messy Xander was. Torn between three women could be a good story. If all their stories were tied together in one big mess, it could be even better. 

I also liked Maggie encouraging him to reconcile with Victor. And that they mentioned Victor’s health. Hopefully, his death doesn’t happen the way people are saying it may happen. 

All in all, I really enjoyed this week. Too bad it was overshadowed by You-know-who and his behavior. Hopefully, that gets taken care of soon.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I like how Melinda figured out Sloan's scheme in a few hours lol.  It really makes the rest of that quad look stupid for not even questioning Sloan.

Nicole has another ugly hairstyle today.

Gwen got a pretty racy sex scene with Dmitri.  Surprising. 

The Tripp/Leo stuff was okay.  It's nice to see characters that don't normally interact have scenes.

• Members

Hmmmmm

When does Leo not ruin a scene?

Maybe having nightmares of Leo. Leo is not someone who would be thought of in that way.

I was going to say something but due to the light of events I'll keep it to myself.

Again I won't say what I had in mind. But as Dorothy once said he has a great Cappuccino machine.

• Members

What are the chances that both Nicole and Sloan carries their embryo to term?

I say at least one of them, loses their baby, and my bet is that Nicole miscarries and somehow blames Sloan.  I just don't see a world where Sarah, Nicole, and Sloan are all holding babies at Christmas.  Especially when the hair and makeup budget can probably only afford one fake belly at a time.

Note that I don't know any spoilers, and I am worse at predicting stories on DAYS than a psychic with an injury to their third eye.

Edited by j swift