Days: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why does Bayview Sanitarium have more eligible women than Small Bar?

So, Ava's going to being in a relationship, in a mental facility, with a man who reminds her of her son?  Is that romantic?  And given that her last entanglement was with Johnny, she's really got an Electra Complex thing going on...

Also, whose tush is 53-year-old Steve Burton kissing to write that he could be mistaken for 36-year-old Mike Manning?  That is stretching the definition of hallucination.

Finally, this actor playing the mayor is ridiculously unnatural on screen.  Who stands like this?

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

Idk. I guess I tried to find the good

Ron’s Unholy Trio

I think that’s the one change I’m hoping and praying for: Greg Rikaart Out, Colton Little In

It is distracting, but I’m so curious about lol I can barely make my eyebrows move up and down at the same time. She’s able to make her’s diagonal to each other

• Members

Doesn't Rafe has his own house and set?  Why is he hanging out at Jada's?  Where does Talia sleep or even sit when Rafe is there?  

The Carly/Jason reunion was too much for me.  I didn't realize TB was coming back and that was extremely heavy handed although I am honestly not fully against the pairing.  I always thought Steve and Tamara had good chemistry.

• Members

I don't get the wink, wink, nudge, nudge with Ava & Harris since I don't watch whatever show they were on together plus the fact that I don't want Ava back at all doesn't help. The actress is good I suppose but I have never liked the character since she first showed up.

• Members

I agree that bringing Ava back again is a mistake.  Ava was good her first run years ago, but there isn't really much you can do to rehabilitate the character at this point.

As far as the GH reference goes, I would probably say it's one of Ron's least obscure shout outs.  I didn't enjoy it and I have always watched GH, but I would say both actors are much more famous for their roles on that show.   It was just overkill to me.  It went on too long.  

• Members

I wondered that myself! Seemed like a no-brainer for alone time.

Speaking of alone time, I also wonder why Tripp and Wendy don’t go into either one of their two bedrooms, rather than make out on the couch, where Li can walk in at any time…

…and Sloan’s apartment either opens into her bedroom or the bed is in the living room. These sets are so weird. 

• Members

Is Ava still wealthy from her family's money?  I know most recently she was staying with the Dimera's, but that seem to be a move to help her emotionally, so I was wondering if she's still rich?

This distracts me about Sloan's apartment as well.  Obviously, we see from the perspective of the fourth wall, but if one were to walk through her door, wouldn't you see straight into the bathroom?  DAYS does not have very explicit or intimate sex scenes, so most sets could just be a living room, the inclusion of the bed (and those kitchenettes) just makes everything look smaller.

• Members

Sloan's apartment is really weird.  There's an upstairs, but her bed is in the living room.  The bathroom is obviously upstairs because that's where they go when they say they are showering, so is it just a bathroom on the upper level?  No rooms?  So even if it is just a studio with a bathroom upstairs it's still laid out so strange.  If you open her door her bed is visible and there is a couch directly in front of it length wise.   It's a huge waste of space if that's her only room.

• Members

I've just caught up on the show & can start reading & posting again My first post is unusual. Talked to someone abt being at the studio. Up tempo. Optimistic. Seeing everyone again. Smiling faces. They'd been worried before & I'd shared some words, a pep talk. Their worry had been needless. Boo Yah!

• Members

Another long one. 47 minutes. 

The Harris/Ava scenes were pretty pointless, but overall I didn’t mind them. It’s always nice to get some understanding of these characters. And I’m glad that those scenes weren’t a cringey, campy, *wink wink* mess. Clearly, todays breakdown was in the hands of an actual writer. 

I do have to ask though, what was the point of her being so nuts yesterday if she was going to be so calm today? 

I liked Tripp/Wendy too. Tripp was so hot and romantic today. It was too bad that he got cockblocked again

But at the same time, it showed what a great guy he is. Hopefully, he gets some love soon. Wendy too, for that matter

I also really enjoyed the Johnny/Chanel/Talia situation. I liked Talia explaining her feelings and how confusing they are to Marlena, mostly because it’s something real. Something that really needs to be discussed. And I enjoyed Johnny and Chanel catching up too. The feelings are still there and I hope this is all explored more. This can be so much more then a simple triangle or stupid competition. And I hope they bring Wendy and Tripp into it too. That could all be such a great mess. 

And it was nice to get an update about Will. And Allie too. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if this is just more Allie character assassination lol 

Edited by AbcNbc247