General Hospital: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think Karen had a target on her back on Port Charles when it pivoted to the supernatural and distanced itself from GH. Scotty and Serena jumped ship to the mother ship. Lee/Gail faded away. She was one one of the last mothership characters left on canvas.  Unlike Lucy and Kevin, who basically became new characters, she was too much a reminder of Port Charles past. 

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Re Karen on GH

They could do a like Lesly reveal in 1996 with her

If Rex Stanton is still alive maybe he took Karen & faked her death because Rex never got Dominiques money from his failed kidnapping of Serena in 1997

However Karen had a reaction to the drug given to her & is in a catatonia

• Members

I mean, there are ways to bring Karen back, but is it worth it now?  I do think it was a mistake to kill her off.  It's just at this point why go out of your way to bring her back with some wacky backstory?  Would she bring that much to the canvas?  Scott/Sonny are pretty much her only concrete ties on the show and Sonny is pushing it.

• Members

If they're going to bring Scott's (and Lucy's) daughter back, they should start (and probably end) with Serena.  Josh Kelly's Cody (the show's hottest man currently) being her newfound half-brother is a nice family angle to explore and she'd have plenty of romantic possibilities (maybe a real triangle with Spencer & Cameron when he comes back LOL).

Today's episode was fun.  I wish Morgan Fairchild was playing Sydney Chase, though, so she could tangle (or team up) with Tracy Quartermaine for old time's sake in a hostile takeover of Deception from Lucy.  We could have a whole reunion of the fine cast of The City playing their better characters with Lisa LoCicero's Jocelyn (instead of Olivia) and Laura Wright's Ally (now the insufferable Carly).  They could have folded Tess' modeling agency into the Face of Deception campaign in some way.  Maybe bring back Azure and finally give that shockingly well-crafted and ahead-of-her-time trans character the justice she deserves!

• Members

I was JUST going to say the same thing, @BrendaB, lol!  I'd bring back Serena, even if Carly Schroeder is out of the business now, and I'd have her follow in Lee and Scotty's footsteps by becoming an attorney.  She and Scotty could even start a father-and-daughter law firm!

Of course, I'd also figure out a way to expose Cody as a fraud (the real Cody is either dead or in hiding) and a DVX agent in disguise.

I'd just as soon pretend that THE CITY was all part of someone's feverish imagination.

Edited by Khan

• Members

My heart just broke. We all watched Haley grow-up on screen. She was our next Kim Mc, our next Robyn Richards. Wow. 

I know she got so much protection on set, especially from NLG. Nancy spoke out when Soaps In Depth ran photos of her in a bikini when she was only a teen. I thought just perhaps she had escaped the child star curse. 

I hope Haley gets the help she needs. These actions, the DUI and the hit/run, is a clear cry for help. The last thing she needs to do is worry about playing Molly. 

• Members

The whole thing is bad.  Her previous statement making it seemed like it was a minor car accident and the severity of the incident including fighting cops and needing to be sedated after the arrest and a previous hit and run.   It sounds like she needs serious help.   Not to mention HP could go to jail.  I don't see her coming back anytime soon.  At this point, her job on GH should not be her main concern.