General Hospital: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think it is an odd juxtaposition between sci-fi and melodrama because we've got Obrecht manufacturing the antidote for a global pathogen in a 40-year-old lab in Greenland, but she can't save her niece who is dying in Port Charles.  They've created a universe where a surgeon can magically become a medical scientist but her powers are restricted to pandemics and not cancer.  Given that the two stories co-occur within the same episode it is hard not to see the parallels in reality.

Are we supposed to feel bad because Willow is dying or because she doesn't have a megalomaniacal uncle to kidnap people and force them to make a cure?

Edited by j swift

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I love that Felicia and Robert are in the virus story. I hope they get more scenes than being locked in a random hospital room. When did Frisco get such a big promotion at the WSB? I hate that we’re still talking about this character. 

Why are the scenes so short? I know they want to fit a lot in, but the scenes are so short and so repetitive. We have to have a better attention span than this as a society. 

Is Helena meant to be a hallucination?

• Members

Lol!  What exactly are her current endeavors?  She's been trying to hype up her own return forever now.

Anyway, they could try to recast, but there would be absolutely no point.  

Is this some reverse psychology to get her fans to be vocal about having only VM return as Brenda?

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I think she's just doing Vanessa tbqh. I have a hard time believing they intend to recast, though allegedly Frank did once try to put over Budig as Robin lol. I can see them maybe asking her to come back as a guest spot or on recurring and VM laughing it off (which she should).

• Members

Didn't LLC say that she auditioned as a Brenda recast?  Anyway, the show won't do it because there is no reason to.  Vanessa is the draw.  You can find room for Brenda if Vanessa signs a contract, but you certainly don't need her with a recast.  

My honest guess is that she wants to rev up her very loyal fanbase and/or didn't want to do a cameo.  I can't imagine what projects are keeping her busy at least as far as acting.  I haven't seen one of her awful Hallmark movies in years.  No offense to Vanessa because I still watched them out of loyalty even though I lost hours of my life.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'm sure they did stuff to try to spook VM. But I truly don't think they'd have ever gone through with it at least after '02 (JFP might've been dumb enough on her own pre-Guza).

Same here. She's right to do it tbh!

• Members

I wonder what they offered.  I totally understand her not wanting to return, just curious if she was offered short or long term, guest, contract, etc?

If I was any of these bts soap people, after enduring her previous short returns, I would not offer her less than two years anyway. Long enough for a good story.

• Members

I certainly remember quotes from her saying she'd never return if Brenda was recast and it's her role and blah, blah, blah.  Vanessa seems so protective of Brenda that I can't imagine she'd just say 'fine, whatever, recast', but she's probably just calling FV's bluff if it exists and getting her troops together.  Because you know they will rally and do something.   Not that I am not part of that group, but I learned my lesson years ago from her wacky lives and interviews.   Vanessa is nothing if not good at pandering to her fanbase.

• Members

I have no faith that Frank offered her anything but a guest spot or recurring stints. If he tried to do it to Genie he definitely tried to do it to VM. Vanessa is wild on a good day but she knows her worth.