GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I really think I saw him stretch even further than he has before with Laura yesterday & bless Genie's heart, I'd swear she pulled back to give him room to do it! He cried. He partially cried. He screamed! Twice! Said he was sorry & just kept on rolling! I heard that neither he nor Taby will be eligible for Younger Actor Emmy by the new rules, whatever they are. I think both of them have reels! And, with all that high stakes family drama he still found room for nuance. WTG! FTW! 

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's stupid. Who are they going to nominate? The lispy little girl who plays Violet? No thanks.

Thursday was the biggest bump in the road since I returned. Don't ever let that happen again. I even tolerated Willow Wailing today. Sasha and Willow have a real Perils of Pauline competition going on. If Michael ever dies (fingers crossed) they'll be tied!

This whole Trina paternity story would be better if Donnell Turner were remotely good. He's awful, not as bad as the actress who plays Jordan (she's certainly meeting her guarantees this month) but not far behind!

Yesterday's scenes with Laura and Spencer were excellent. The moment when Spencer started to cry and Genie's started crying in synch with him...good shît.

And man am I happy to see Laura treated like the matriarch and show centerpiece she is. Despite other soaps letting multiple people over 60 lead story, Laura is the only true matriarch left on daytime. Isn't that NUTS? And sad?

Alley Mills is Heather to me, she took ownership of the role and ran with it. This show lucked out with her and Adam Huss coming in and pinch hitting the way that they did, coming in the climax of stories and doing fantastic work. Luckily for them the work was pretty top notch too. I hope Heather is gone for a good long time but I'll miss AM.

• Members

Chavez has come a long way in a short time. He was electric with Genie, and as others have noted it is wonderful to see her connecting with performers who give her their all just as she always does. (Tyler and Tony Geary had their ups and downs, though I do think Tony always brought it with her despite his other behavior; so did JJ, even when the material got very ugly.)

I am all for Molly growing up and becoming an ADA but like others I go back and forth on taking her seriously. I do think Hailey Pullos is capable of more and I don't dislike the role for her, but the show has such a superficial investment in Molly as is.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Yes. So is Willow's. Amelia was smiling the day she was born.

Also agree that this show does not GAF about Molly. Sadly, I don't either. I don't know what they could do to make this actress in that role compelling in any way.

• Members

I think it's a good role on the canvas for her and potentially workable. I just don't think anyone has bothered challenging her with real material in over ten years. If she falters fine but I might try it.

• Members

The beat with Heather and Esme where she stumbled over her words as she explained that sometimes wanting to be a mother 'comes later' for some women was brilliant. She played a wealth of Heather's long and sordid history going back to the original Steven Lars/P.J. adoption caper in that sequence (a great deal of which is available to watch on YT with both Mary O'Brien and Robin Mattson in the role and which drives this further home), and you could see it in her face and eyes. It hit much more genuine for me than what Carlivati did with Robin Mattson's Heather early in his run, a trick he would often go to with villains - he'd give you 'odd couple' pairings of unlikely characters, have them voice their anxieties or feelings and then unexpectedly, inexplicably hug and emotionally bond. Robin's Heather had a scene like that with Rafe Kovich Jr. of all people where he bemoaned the loss of his family, and suddenly he and Heather were hugging and bonding. It was totally unearned and I didn't buy any of it. The next scene it was back to Heather's usual psycho hijinks. Pathos doesn't work like that. It has to come from somewhere beyond just a few soppy lines between random acquaintances.

Edited by Vee