B&B February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Sometimes it feels as if B&B changed writers half way through the Sheila story because now I am confused by Deacon's motives toward her.

When Sheila returned in the red wig and seduced Deacon, and he figured it out when he saw her toe, he seemed a little disgusted by her.  Disgust may not be the correct adjective, but certainly he was not obsessively in love with her as he professed today.

I worry that I am too much of an optimist in hoping for a twist in this story that will help it make sense, but from what I see on screen, I cannot understand the logic of why suddenly every guy in LA has the hots for nine-toed Sheila and rejects Brooke (and Taylor) like she's a piece of old toast.  Didn't it seem like Deacon was going to be paired with one of them just a few months ago?

• Members

Yeah, it was weird though. Surprise! Impromptu custody hearing! Comin' right up! Oh yeah, I need to watch B&B again. I wasn't paying attention to Shelia's outfit today, but the green outfit Kimberlin Brown wore recently when Deacon surprised Shelia with cheap pizza swallowed the actress up. 

The color itself looks really cute on Kimberlin, but it needs like a cream or beige pant or something. 

• Members

Yes they do, watching Hope's face crack and the smug wiped off her face was a thing of beauty. Douglas said f*ck both of ya, I want Aunt Steffy and Uncle Finn lol 

Hope's "I'm glad you're here, Thomas will need the support" to Steffy made me all ragey, this is why I'm cheering she did NOT win 

• Members

The whole script was bad. 

I have a question though since I've tuned out several times and have forgotten...

Who is Douglas mom? Why did I think it was Hope when it isn't?  Thomas mentioned Caroline being his birth mom. I vaguely remember her and Thomas. Probably because the story was so bad.

Hope and Liam are such a dull boring couple and individuals. 

Thomas...that hair is horrific! He's character has been ruined.

The Shelia mess is pure ft material.

• Members

It's Caroline, she was with Ridge when Douglas was conceived, Ridge did everything he could to stop Thomas from finding out Douglas was his

I like Thomas, but he totally took advantage of Caroline that night. No he didn't know she took pills(she was upset cause Ridge had broken her heart) but he still knew she was distraught. IMO it's no different than what Bill did to Steffy when they had their ONS

Oh and Caroline was married to Ridge when Douglas was born lol

• Members

Linsey Godfrey played Caroline. After  B&B killed off Caroline, Days hired Linsey.

Hope and Thomas were engaged and she was going to adopt Douglas  Hope had begun bonding with Douglas as his new mother-figure.  But then Hope learned Thomas was lying or manipulating about something (I've lost track of the number of times Thomas has done that), so Hope didn't marry Thomas.  Hope married Liam.  Liam is Caroline's first cousin, so Douglas is a Spencer and Liam is biologically related to Liam, so it made sense (to me) that Liam and Hope took in Douglas.

It was rape because Thomas knew Caroline was drinking and not thinking straight, and that she was in love with and still legally married to his father.  He didn't know about the pills but he could see she was tipsy.  He knew she would NOT sleep with him if she were in her right mind, but he did it anyhow.  It's legally rape if you know the other person isn't able to make informed consent but you have sex with them anyhow.
The bottom line was that when Caroline awoke in the morning, she was horrified and said she never would have done that, and Thomas should have known that.

(I didn't watch the Bill/Steffy episode so I don't know what happened with that and can't comment on it)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

To add to this, Caroline wasn't just drunk, she had also taken pills and was almost blacking out. Definitely rape https://www.soapcentral.com/bold-and-beautiful/recaps/2015/150831.php (Caroline's vision was affected by the pills and wine, and she lay down on the bed as her vision blurred. She started to drift off to sleep. She had trouble seeing Thomas. He told her she was beautiful and talented. Caroline mumbled that he was sweet, and he kissed her. They kissed more.)

The secret that Thomas was keeping from Hope was that he knew that baby Beth was alive, which Douglas eventually revealed. Thomas was also gaslighting/mentally abusing Douglas to draw him closer to Hope (for example, making him think there were ghosts so he would cry for his mother) and telling him Hope would be his mommy, to guilt Hope into staying with him. It worked too well, as Hope and Douglas formed an actual mother and child bond. He also offered to sign over custody of Douglas if Hope would have sex with him. Thomas also ran Justin's niece Emma off the road in order to keep the secret about Beth. 

I hate Bill, but he didn't rape Steffy. She was upset that Liam kissed Sally (even though she has cheated and gone after attached men a million times) but it was consensual. This is the recap but it's too much to quote: https://www.soapcentral.com/bold-and-beautiful/recaps/2017/171113.php She did the "shocked" thing when she woke up, but she slept with him after he showered her with compliments all night and she wasn't incapacitated. 

The fun twist in the Steffy/Bill story was that when she did the paternity test, it wasn't his child, and then she stupidly left the test papers out. Liam saw it and divorced her ass even though the kid was his. Refreshing. (LOL, I don't remember this scene: "Liam had a knock-down, drag-out fight with Bill that ended in Liam wiping blood on Bill's face and Bill crying alone on the floor." https://www.soapcentral.com/bold-and-beautiful/recaps/2018/)