Y&R 50th Anniversary - your ideas...

• Members

With Y&R's landmark anniversary just a few months away, heaven only knows what Josh Griffith will come up with.

Maybe we SON posters can give him some ideas. I'm sure what we come up with will be better than what we see onscreen.

My first thought is a one week clip compilation segment paying tribute each day for a week to the 5 decades. eg Mon 1st 10 years, Tues next 10 years etc

Story wise , maybe news comes in of Brock's death - a tribute to Beau Kayzer

Lorie, Leslie, Jill, Julia, Mac, Murphy,Gina return for a memorial service a chance to show old clips- although this might be a bit limiting as it  would exclude a lot of characters.

Maybe Jabot 50th anniversary?

Your ideas?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wouldn't mind a Jabot anniversary that brings together the Abbotts, Jill, etc., for a gala that ends up with Jeremy aiming to shoot Diane, but instead Kyle or Jack gets shot in the crossfire, causing Ashley, Nikki, and Phyllis to feel guilty about bringing this man to town in the first place. And Diane goes off on each one of them, promising that if anything happens to Jack or Kyle, they will answer to her.

I know it would never happen, but I wouldn't mind a primetime episode leading up to next year's Daytime Emmy; perhaps CBS/Sony gives them some bucks to make the show look better.

Perhaps a look-back documentary with past and present stars including Janice Lynde, Jamie Lyn Bauer, John McCook, Eric Braeden, Peter Bergman, Jess Walton, Victoria Rowell (yeah, I know), Shemar Moore, Heather Tom, Susan Walters, Michelle Stafford, Bryton James, etc., counting down 50 moments from the show's 50 years.

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Perhaps a look-back documentary with past and present stars including Janice Lynde, Jamie Lyn Bauer, John McCook, Eric Braeden, Peter Bergman, Jess Walton, Victoria Rowell (yeah, I know), Shemar Moore, Heather Tom, Susan Walters, Michelle Stafford, Bryton James, etc., counting down 50 moments from the show's 50 years.

defiantly - showing 50 great memorable moments from yr history from 1973.. 

• Members

Ok 50 most memorable moments... can we get a list going? 10 off the top of my head

David Kimball's death

Katherine's facelift

Nikki/Victor wedding

Jack throws the chair through the window

Patty shoots Jack

Leslie in the asylum

Katherine drives Phillip off the cliff

Victoria kills JT (just to add something more recent)

Michael breaks into Christine's apartment

Jill is shot

• Members

I think it would be amazing if they devoted an entire primetime episode to a 50 year retrospective of the show!

To piggyback off of @Paul Raven, here’s another 10 memorable moments:

Nikki killing her dad

The farmhouse saga with Sheila, Lauren, and Molly

Victor trapping Michael in the dungeon

Dru and Sharon falling off the cliff

Victor shot by Mari Jo

Lauren buried alive

Traci dumping the sundae on Lauren

Katherine and Jill catfight in the attic

Sheila and the baby switching scene

Phyllis runs over Paul and Christine

• Members

I will mention some moments from early 2000s, because thats when I started watching Y&R and some of my favorite moments are from those times:

- Matt pulls out the breathing tube and places it in Nick's hand

- Billy and Mac are named Prom King & Queen (Jill's face was amazing)

- Cassie's death scene

- Jill learns she is Kay's daughter

- Tricia shoots Ryan

• Members

All above are excellent choices!  I will add some below:

• Victor's back from the dead- from Kansas
  • Nikki's miscarriage from Jack's baby.  The scene where the mother brings the child to Jack and Jack just breaks down.  It was great for PB.  I still think this could somehow be a future storyline. (Just saying)
  • Nick and Sharon Wedding
  • Danny and Cricket's Wedding
  • Jill running around to break up Mac and Billy's wedding
  • Cricket's Rape
  • Lauren puts a nude photo of Paul in a dirty magazine
  • Victor's heart attack and Jack kicking his foot
  • Malcom sleeps with Dru
  • Kevin sets himself on fire
  • Kevin in the boxing ring