General Hospital: October 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The show clearly underestimated the idea of Trina and Spencer, and clearly now with a large following, the show does not know what to do with them. Trina and Spencer are just another one of Dan and Chris's dangling threads, like the Hayden mystery(which involves the murder of her mom). 

• Members

They're scared of it because she is Black, not Eden McCoy, and because Frank Valentini and perhaps the network are still operating on an outmoded mentality of coddling Midwestern grandmas from over a decade ago. Frank learned the lessons of the "Kish" backlash on OLTL, where he wiped the canvas clean of minorities and gays after a significant demo drop in that area, too well. They think a shrinking, rural white senior demographic is their primary remaining audience, their meat and potatoes (and they may or may not be right after years of minority marginalization), and they are afraid of how it will react to a frontburner interracial teen couple. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it until something changes.

Edited by Vee

• Members

OMG! How many years has it been since DOOL tried to do David & Valerie?!! And the Grant family seemed like such a threat to the poor widdle white boy?!! Can we still not have made any more progress than that?!! Of course, grannies came out from baseboards en masse twice int he past 3 weeks but  not over race, over sex.

• Members

I agree to an extent, even though I’ve long come around to TA being the more accomplished actress. She and NC are fine, but NC and SM had me glued to the screen in ways I haven’t experienced with soaps in ages. They had that ineffable something that the great pairings of yesteryear had.

Edited by Faulkner