General Hospital: October 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Thanks. I've been enjoying many of the episodes of the earlier seasons with Stabler and Olivia. Love them together and separately. I think that the best seasons are the ones where Stabler were still around, and they worked together. I also like Ice T's character Fin, and Tamara Tunie and BD's Wong's characters. I like some of the ADA's especially some of the earlier ones. I'm not as a big of a fan of later seasons especially the ones that focus more on Amanda Rollins/Kelli Giddish's character. But overall, I have been enjoying the show and see why it's lasted as long as it has. I wouldn't mind if GH took a page out of their playbook when it comes to this hooker storyline. Especially if they do decide to make ADA Arden the hooker.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Love hearing you talk about it. In the earlier years there's no doubt that the double wallop of Benson & Stabler was what made the show! Also love Fin & Tunie (of course, of ATWT fandom). A couple of years ago Jill Lorie Hurst, one of GL's final years co-HWs & her writing partner did an episode, which was rare, that they let anyone else outside their regular writers' stable pen one & GL's Tom Pelphrey was in it, too. I don't want to go off-topic too much so I will cease here.

• Members

Yes, this is one of my Minority Opinions. I don't think Avery is all that & a bag of chips. Hate the hood & the lurking in the hood. One thing she has is writing. They just write her as getting away with everything. And I can't stand those huge white sneakers she wears. Make her feet look like Bart's The Simpsons.

• Members

I thought AP had the bitchface down pat (she has the female version of the punchable face), but GH couldn’t just allow her to be your garden-variety mean girl. They had to up the ante and make her this budding, all-encompassing supervillain, and, unless you’re the next Kimberlin Brown, that really exposes one’s limitations.

• Members

I'm soooooo tired of Miz Wu's low, monotone voice that's intended to evoke power and fear. I know she's popular on soap boards, but I think her acting is laughable.

That's how I feel about her. The writing for her was better when she was first introduced, and the actress was fine with that "Esme is a conniving brat" stuff. But seeing her as a brilliant, mysterious mover and shaker of others' lives? Just no.

And I never stop thinking about how ridiculous her visits are with her father -- how she gets in, how he's always alone, how no one monitors anything.