General Hospital: October 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Recast or change the character.  Maxie has 3 children and a slew of tragic relationships behind her.  The show could easily pivot that character into a more grounded direction to fit KS's aesthetic these days.  Maxie doesn't have to be the ditsy, high powered fashion exec anymore.  Her life circumstances have changed and she could focus on family and wear her chunky sweaters for awhile. 

I mean, that hairstyle doesn't look much better lol.  But it's something a curling iron could easily accomplish on GH today.  Her hair in that GH pic amounts to someone just running a brush through it.  No one styled it to look any sort of way.  

• Members

Sure, they could do that. She could have something come up where she needed to home school one of the kids & completely change around her whole deal. I'm afraid people would still bring up the days of the fashionista but you can't get soap fans to let loose of something they don't wanna! Most people would follow the new story.

I remember reading an interview with her where because of brain surgery she hadn't been able to wash her hair & nobody could have been more preoccupied with NOT washing ones' hair if they tried. And, being uncomfortable with a dirty head of hair is practically universally understood. But, she was all upset, nervous, saying too much, etc. You can't help but feel for her with the health problems she's had. It is a mess though & someone should address it.

• Members

I don't fault KS for her health problems.  In fact, if she didn't have a long history of health issues I would say recast no problem.  I am sympathetic to that and think the show could work around it in a more organic way.  If her hair issues are part of a medical problem I guess that's understandable, but that hair looks fine to me.  Someone could throw some curls into and make it look decent and, if not, she's had short hair before.   She could rock a pixie cut and it would be more stylish than that limp bob.  JMO, better writing would help me overlook a lot of this physical issues as well.

• Members

I cannot believe that we are chasing down belongings of Peter's. Is there no way we will ever be rid of him?! And I further cannot believe that this is a project being undertaken by Britt & Cody Bell! Why is she in the same room with him?

But far more important than that, OMG, Lucy Coe has just been shot, twice! I was confused about where she was. Is she on Pier 47? Cause that is where Anna is headed. So, would you say that Lucy definitely knew her shooter? Seemed so to me. I feel like heresy has been committed! This is not being upside down in her drawers at the NB! Poor Lucy & Dam* Victor. I knew she was in danger. I just knew it.

And, what game was he playing with Ava? I will say one thing for Charles Shaughnessey (sp?) & that is that I've completely forgotten him as Shane & Andrew Donovan. I loved Shane, hated Andrew & now I just hate Victor. Much simpler.

Anyone know when we will see Martin again? I miss him.

• Members

Victor told Lucy to meet him on Pier 55 but put in his calendar that he was meeting her on pier 47. As a result, Victor's office directed Anna to go to pier 47 while Lucy went to pier 55.

As for who shot Lucy hmmm...could it be that

Please register in order to view this content

Just my speculation but i'd find that interesting.

• Members

Except both of those images are from her time on General Hospital. And she also going through a lot, personally, in that so-called "younger, thinner, perkier" image.

MTE! I think she looks beautiful, but it is clear Kirsten Storms is dressing as Kirsten Storms and not as Maxie Jones. I understood during the pregnancy storyline, but now? It's clear, to me, post-surgery in June of 2021 is when the change happened.

This is what Storms wore during the January 2018 publicity shoot:

Outfits in 2020:

And now? Outfits in 2022:

• Members

Yeah those outfits from 2020 would still look great on her and I do like that really blonde hair, but it's awful for your hair and to maintain.  If I saw KS on the street in any of these current outfits I would think she looked cute, but the disconnect from herself and Maxie stylistically is too much when style is an important part of Maxie as a character.  It really can't be ignored.

And I am not just picking on KS because she gained weight.  I thought Vanessa dressed way too much like Vanessa Marcil instead of supermodel Brenda Barrett in her last return in 2010 which was a disconnect for her character.  It's a constant problem on Days as well where the actresses just dress how they feel and don't think about the character or the scenes they are playing.  

Again, this is a situation where I think Maxie and KS could be rested for a while if it's a health issue or recast if it's just too much for KS to play Maxie as written anymore.  I understand she is a person who has been through a lot and I wish her well and sympathize with her, but I don't think it's too much to ask for someone to perform their job up to a certain standard.  She is being paid to play a part after all not to play herself.

• Members

Exactly. Kirsten Storms as Kirsten is awesome, but as Maxie? Makes no sense at all. Yes, this isn't the Maxie that worked at Crimson, but she was always a fashionista during that time, so I'd expect her to somewhat still be that way. As for her hair, part of me is also thinking this might be a Kate Mansi situation: might Storms be wanting to do go darker at some point? Almost like this? She usually lets her roots grow up (judging from the past) and then goes full bleach... but she isn't right now. Makes me wonder.

And I don't think [most] of us are picking on her for her weight gain. In anything, she looks completely healthy and I'd love to see more of that in daytime. But I also feel like daytime, as a whole, does not know how to equate style into "fuller figured" women; instead, they know frump. It's similar the same with Genie Francis. Yes, they don't know how to dress her completely, but there is a bit more effort (maybe by Francis' prodding) for Laura to appear more... fashionable. Both actresses' outfits are hit-or-miss from the wardrobe department.

It's the same comparison I'd make for Melody Thomas Scott on The Young and the Restless. When did have her weight gain in 2009 and again recently, they began dressing Nikki differently, but they still kept it Nikki (though, Scott has always admitting to bringing her own wardrobe into Nikki... especially with shoes). But imagine some of these outfits on either Francis or Storms:

Please register in order to view this content

Or even something like this:

They wardrobe department, I would think, would want to work with both Francis & Storms to ensure they are not only comfortable in their wardrobe, but also maintaining the look of the characters. Frump is no excuse.

• Members

I don't think anyone here is picking on her. I think people's interest & motives are humane & human. I just think they have a mess on their hands & there is a disconnect (good word) & they have a great Costuming department & somehow all the parts need to come together for the good of the entire thing. I imagine even that KS would get a lift if she felt like she looked good!