General Hospital: October 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

What I love is that she smiles, she is feisty, she leans into the history of her scene partners even if the show doesn’t write for it, especially noticeable with Anna, Holly, and Mac.  KW, while a capable soap actress, should never have been mired in storylines where she was so morose and depressing to watch.  She was a character Guza and his team, and JFP just did not get.  She’s at her best when she is allowed a sense of fun.  It’s like Lucy- LH is capable of everything they can throw at her, but she’s at her most fun when she is involved in something she should not be.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I love the characters of Brook Lynn and Chase and also the actors, so it probably is the writers fault. It's very hard to become invested in a couple on GH because so much of the relationships is either off screen or they drag it out forever. It would be one thing if it was just one couple, but it's literally all of them. 

The same goes for the storylines in general though. They just keep adding twist after twist, story after story, but rarely resolve anything until the fans are completely frustrated. If they ever replaced the HWs, I can't imagine how frustrating it would be for the new writers to track all of the storylines and attempt to write them up. You'd either get a month of brilliant storytelling as it's all wrapped up, or a sh*t show.

• Members

I'm in danger of sounding like a broken record but I really believe we have an epidemic of some Writers' Disease! As far as I can tell it's all the soaps, so it's contagious. It's balance & pacing & pay-off & use of personnel & I'm not sure what else! Not being able to finish, now, that always sounds serious.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Watching on Hulu earlier tonight I had a strange "reception" - Sound cut out several times. Show went to dead air several times. Commercial breaks were awful, all political claptrap & very sensational ads against Walker & the violence against his family by him, etc. followed by periods of dead air. Was there something off about the show today or was this just backwash from campaigns having equal access to advertising time?

And, @victoria foxtontoday's stuff was good with Chase in the buff but anyone who missed the love scenes yesterday really missed out! Chase & Brooklyn YUM YUM ...Sonny & Nina OH CRAP ... Felicia & Mac, oohlala leave it to the vets to strut some stuff. Oh, and, finally Joss & Cam got back on the bicycle after they were so rudely messed with their first time with the sex tape. With Val & Anna's arty hot stuff last week GH has finally found love in the afternoon again.

Just saw that the actor who plays Chase is all excited that he & his wife are pregnant again!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Tonksadora
Chase news

• Members

I can't believe they think we give a damn about Oscar or his rock. If they think we felt something with those scenes with Drew and Joss, they're delusional. Oscar wasn't even LIKED.

The only good thing about the scene was it  gave me a chance to laugh at that big fake rock. GH has some really nice sets, but when they fail, they fail spectacularly.

Josh Swickard is beautiful. Period. No matter how he's dressed or undressed, he is gorgeous -- and is a good actor, too.

I do wish the writers had Chase return a "Look who's talking?" or a "You're beautiful, too," because it feels awkward to hear the man praised for his looks while the woman isn't.