General Hospital: October 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That is SO annoying how Hulu doesn't have GH appear at a fixed time all the time consistently.  There's no reason the episodes shouldn't be up on Hulu at the same time as it airs on ABC nowadays since these episodes are shot and edited together weeks ahead of schedule.

I am even more disappointed that Diane Miller survived the serial killer. 

Loving the Michael/Willow/TJ triangle starting up. Poor Molly and the end of that weird "domestic partnership" thing they keep mentioning!

Please register in order to view this content

Loving the new eye-candy with Dex & Cody on the show.

Love that Esme's back to make more mischief.

Love that Lucy & Victor are mixing things up!

The fall and winter storylines should be good with siblings Laura, Martin, Cyrus all back in Port Charles!

• Members

I should add here that ever since I made that call, they've gone back to loading it at 10 pm like clockwork! It almost makes me think the call made a difference. Like maybe Hulu needed a complaint to take to ABC?

Well, I wanted Diane to live, so I was satisfied there.

TJ & Willow is very fine!

Well, for your sake then I'm glad you have it. I cannot stand either Cody Bell or Dex! LOL

Yes and yes, yes, and one more yes for good measure. Laura & Martin have both been gone too long! And, has Cyrus had some sort of prison "road to Damascus experience"?

And I cannot say enough good about Valentin & Anna making love. I could sing the phrase "More, More, More" by the Andrea True Collection!

• Members

They really missed a beat with Esme and Cameron.  This whole corner of the show could have been much more entangled if they had allowed some of their chemistry to go somewhere.  Imagine the fallout for everyone once it is revealed Esme was behind the video leak, Trina’s framing, slept with Nikolas and was Ryan’s daughter if Cameron was also in love with her.

I found her far more entertaining before the Nikolas affair.  I do think she is serviceable as Esme and there was potential there.  I’m hoping she is not the Hook.

• Members

I just finished watching Tue's episode of GH and I feel like the speech Sonny gave to Michael I have heard a million times.  To different people in different circumstances, but his emotions and excuses are always the same.  I know this isn't a *new* development, but if I have to hear about his father/stepfather/childhood one more time....You reconciled with your dad approximately 25 years ago and Deke hit you at least 40 years ago.  Get over it!!!! Sonny has been making poor decisions regarding people he's loved since 1993.  I usually eyeroll Sonny's pity parties, but today I wanted to throw something at my screen. 

• Members

I just could not believe he started off all like, say he's been hit with this epiphany that something might happen & he & Michael would be unreconciled (Is that the word I mean?) and he says, basically that he wants to do whatever it will take to get okay with him, and he brings up Morgan, and you're getting how important this suddenly is to him, right? Brando has died. The Hook is still out there. And, finally, at last, it is Michael's turn to speak & he says that not only was he not true to his own family but he was not true to his own code. And Michael walks away. And, Sonny screeches at him, "Don't you turn your back on me!" WTF?!! Who in the heck is that? Some patriarchal disciplinarian who is going to demand respect?! I think someone needs to introduce Sonny #1 to Sonny #2. They should meet, have a talk, get to know any other Sonnys hanging around, too.

• Members

Sonny is far too mercurial to me. He’s not only different with different characters, but oftentimes characters have to deal with a different Sonny than they did the day before.

I think scenes are written to give Maurice Benard exciting stuff, story be damned. They cater to the actor instead of serving the story and the show.  One day we get Papa Sonny the Wise Sage explaining the meaning of life to someone in grief. The next day he’s loudly threatening to kill someone.

It’s sickening.

• Members

I have pondered this some. The only reason I can think of, why Dante would go out of his way to have these talks is because I think he "gets" that he can do it & no one else can.

That's a good summation of the different Sonnys & it is itself an excellent example of when some show is taking their lead TOO MUCH from the star! Here. See. This is why NOT TO!

• Members

That's a really insightful take on Sonny and it's true.  Sometimes you see a mellow, wise Sonny tell us about life lessons and other times you get rage Sonny.

My problem with that Sonny/Michael scene is that MB hits the same exact notes in all his emotional scenes and has for years.  Today, even though the words and scene were entirely different, he hit that exact same acting he did when he broke up with Brenda 10 years ago (obviously that was better due to Vanessa).  The same cracking of the voice, the same whispers and stutters, the same tragic shortcomings he was dealt in life, the same watery eye- everything.  MB has no range anymore.  I am probably not explaining this correctly, but I was watching and wondering why it felt so familiar to me and I figured out I basically have seen the scene numerous times before with numerous different characters.