DAYS: August 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yep. No serial killer baggage. I cringed last month when Will hugged his murderer on Ben's way out of Salem. 

Xander 100% should have been Alex "back in the day"

He's phoning it in. Remember when he started he had Sheri Anderson to balance his ass out.

• Members

Ron's ego is still coasting on the critical high praise he had at OLTL and from helping to save GH. There were huge issues at both shows that emerged over time, but the soap press/emerging online sphere had so few good things to talk about in those desperate years (and were also parasocial/starfucking) that they couldn't be bothered. And of course now there's so few shows left, and Ron is one of the only writers who truly cares about soaps for better or worse, and most of the last of the soap press just want to see the shows continuing to air so they stay behind him. The problem is that his taste is extremely suspect and his work is lazy and ego-driven. He's the only real de facto 'popular name' left. The point is: He does these things because he can get away with it, because there's no one else left to care and no one left to say he's wrong or goes too far.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It could be pieced together in one long tale involving so many people

Belle begins to realize that she still has feelings for EJ. At the same time, she notices the chemistry between Shawn and Jada, who's getting closer with Eric, which pisses off Nicole and ultimately Rafe.

But instead of talking to Shawn or Eric about it, she's just becomes a ho for EJ again 

Please register in order to view this content

Who at the same time is preoccupied with Ava and getting her Dimera shares, who at the same time is sleeping with Johnny, which upsets Chanel and then Allie. And when EJ finds out about that, he sleeps with Belle and we get that WTD's storyline that everybody wanted.

Sounds ambitious, but I think the writing team can pull it off. 

• Members

They could definitely do that. And should. And I'm guessing it goes without saying Belle ends up knocked up. It's an easy 9 months, plus Jan could cause trauma and tension which Ron would be all over. A little too soon for a baby after the Jan/Evan mess but you just know she ends up pregnant. 

• Members

It's a shame that they'll pit Belle and Jada against each other because Belle needs a confidant, both to ground her and make her more likable.  I think it would go a long way to see Belle laughing with another woman (not her mother) about the lack of quality men in Salem that she's either not related to, boffed one of their brothers, or has been boffed by her sister.

To me, Belle is defined by her harsh treatment of Sami (regardless of justification), and she needs a little levity to make her a romantic interest.

Edited by j swift