DAYS: August 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Members

Re: Nighttime Hope. All I can remember is I found it funny how we were smack dab in the middle of the story and then when they wrote in Alice Horton's death, suddenly Hope took a break from the chaos and was Normal Hope again. Wasn't it sleeping meds? One would think during a time when your beloved grandma was passing, you might actually UP your dosage, but instead she went cold turkey until the funeral was over? 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't think they did anything but casually date.  Maybe they kissed?  It seemed like it was going somewhere, but then Gabby entered the pictured and it was dropped.

Nighttime Hope was addicted to an Ambien like pill.  I thought it was all silly.  Although I do think most Hope-centric stories from 1999 onward were stupid.  This might be unpopular, but I don't think KA stands on her own very well.  She works much better in stories with Bo and her family.

• Members

Unless I forgot something?  Like you, I remember interactions, but it wasn't serious.  I don't know if it was due to TC's personal issues, but it felt like something was going to happen but just didn't and then we were on to Gaby/Stefan.   Which I think TC played some of, but now I can't even remember if that was all BB's Stefan lol.  I might not be a reliable narrator here.  But if it was that forgettable I assume it was unimportant.

• Administrator

She reminded me of JMW too and she seems to be a decent actress.  I hope she sticks around.   

The actress playing Stephanie also did well on her first today.  

DAYS is on a roll with hiring female daytime newcomers these last few weeks. You have these two along with the actress playing Jada.   That’s three pretty good additions. 

• Members

I hope they keep her too and weave her into the whole Eric/Jada/Nicole/Rafe situation. Along with Shawn/Belle/EJ, etc. It would be a good story to see because so many of the cast would be involved.

If the show got rid of some of the deadweight, they could afford to invest in characters that fans want to see.

• Members

Today was quite an improvement. It was almost like classic soap. An episode really hasn’t glued me to the screen as much as today’s did, in a while

See how tolerable and even likable Leo is when he’s not written as a crude, nasty POS (i.e. When Jamey doesn’t write the breakdown) 

It was nice to see some of Kristen’s humanity as well. I hope the show really delves in to why she always gives in to her impulses and anger despite them possibly ruining her relationship with Rachel. 

And, it was also great to see Gwen realize how pathetic she is

Please register in order to view this content

And, welcome back, Stefan.

• Members

@AbcNbc247I thought today's episode was pretty good too, but I think you and I tend to be more forgiving of Days than most lol.

I did laugh that Marlena let's Kristen hang out in her office?  Did I miss something?  That just seems like asking for trouble due to everything Kristen has done ever for the last 30 years.