DAYS: Fire Jamey Giddens!!

• Members

I'm not afraid of that hack.  I've got more wit, more talent, more sense and better taste in my pinkie finger than he does in his whole, damn body.  He wants to come at me for criticizing his shitty stories?  Let him.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ambitions was a great show and OWN should’ve kept it. Looking at the ratings for shows launched after, they definitely made a mistake in dumping it. The biggest issue was Robin Givens, but I’m sure that decision went above Jamey’s head. 

Now as for Days, it’s hard to use this to gauge the quality of his writing because he was joining such a bad team. We all know Carlivati is hit or miss. I don’t think he was wrong to suggest a Renee mention, but dragging this out and not including flashbacks is a terrible idea. To me, that all still lies with the head writer. 

• Members

Exactly. I have plenty of issues with the writing on DAYS, but when folks do threads like these they make sure these people are going to be laughing to the bank. The only reason this thread exists is because people know who Jamey is and because Jamey credited himself with the very stupid Renee twist. But it's only because of our shared familiarity with him as a fan and a blogger that he is singled out for an OP that people have suddenly decided he is rewriting everyone else and running the show. That's about a grudge match with someone who isn't even here and doesn't know you.

Listen, I have all day for people critiquing the hell out of Jamey's work on this show! Go for it! Roast him! It's shallow and stupid, even if I think he's matured a bit as a person since the old days. But it takes a village of writers to make a show this bad, not just the latest, and it's not like Ron doesn't have a history of wrecking his own shows. You don't have to make any one person the Wicker Man and burn them in effigy because they used to be just like you, and if you make it personal they're the ones who win, because they're getting paid and you're not. It also blunts and marginalizes any valid criticism when we invent conspiracy theories about them being behind it all like the cigarette-smoking man on The X-Files. Back to the HW, even when Ron starts beefing on Twitter and acting a fool (a time-honored tradition for him at this point) he's the one who wins if you go at it this way too. The only way to come out of this kind of mess with dignity is to either shrug his behavior off, or simply keep laughing when he gets mad and not take it this seriously. I've known how he behaves online for a long time, and I watched Jamey show his ass in real time too. Why would I want to meet him where he lives? This just is not worth it in the 2020s to me, we've got real problems.

Edited by Vee

• Members

When you're right, @Vee, you're right.

I said what I said to Ron Carlivati on Twitter, because I felt his attitude toward his critics was not constructive.  I mean, if he feels what he's written is good, then whatever.  Just don't act like an ass when others disagree.

But again, @Vee, you're right.  Calling him out on his (mis-)behavior on social media solves nothing and changes nothing.  At the end of the day, he's still the one writing that [!@#$%^&*], and we're still the ones who ain't writing at all.  Ob-la-de, ob-la-da, life goes on.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Oh, I am all for calling Carlivati out on his misbehavior or calling for him to be fired. I just don't think making threads devoted entirely to firing the one staff writer who used to be just a fan and acting like he has magically taken over the entire writing staff are productive or seem sane, it just seems like crazy grudge stuff. It demeans the actual substantive arguments against RC and co.'s work as a larger team, and makes people sound like Charlie Day with the conspiracy board on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

• Members

Pretty much everything you said, that's why I put it out there earlier, but got ignored - that with all this criticism, why don't people create their own shows? Podcasts can be created... Web Serials if you raise enough $... I would think we'd all be in good company if we partnered up and created.