Y&R January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well this is a soap, so you'd think that Johnny Abbott would learn that he was conceived via rape.  He's in boarding school now. Maybe they'll reveal it after he's SORASed and returns to canvas.

But on DAYS, Johnny DiMera still doesn't know he was conceived via rape.  Maybe they'll reveal it after or during the possession storyline.

Yeah Johnny and Connor interact as cousins at family gatherings.  As cousins because they are sons of Victoria and Adam. 

I'm my opinion, Chelsea should not have even a whisper of a right to speak -- because she raped the child's father.   Victoria and Billy never gave Chelsea any rights.
When Chelsea was pregnant with Johnny, she and her mother Anita moved into the grounds of Billy&Victoria's home, maybe an apartment or garage or something at the residence.  Chelsea viewed the whole thing as just another scheme to live with rich people and not pay rent, and wanted a payoff when the baby would be born.

Devon and Mariah contributed to the birthing of Dominic via the *request* of Abby, with the understanding that they would be involved in his life, and be his godparents.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's the main difference: Chelsea didn't care and was never shown to have any attachment to that child.
I would be more interested in seeing her grapple with why she never felt anything for that child vs Connor. Chelsea is very much not a character I enjoy but they are not even using the character beat they have

But ultimately OF COURSE it will be a plot point later. Took more than a decade for them to go there with the secret of Lily's paternity - when Lily was old enough for the story to be reacted to and have an impact. The list is long: GH Lucky and the rape, AW Matthew and the story of how he was conceived, etc... It always comes up but later.
Doing it while the child is still a child is pointless - usually soaps explore those things when the child is a teenager so that they can add the reveal to the good ol' teenager angst and rebellion against the parents.
I have never taken to Chelsea so I have trouble believing she will still be around then but you can definitely see a story where she uses her "son"'s antagonism to his parents and his being intrigued by his new "mother" to further whatever scheme she will have then.

• Members

@Paul RavenIs Ron and Nancy Becker a reference to the current storyline -- I know they are 1970s  characters with a storyline about a child being taken from his biological father Ron who was a rapist, and adopted by Chris Brooks and Snapper?  I never heard about that storyline until you posted that photo, so I just did a very quick search.  And my very quick search may have given me an incorrect understanding.

Is that in reference to my comments in this thread about the present day ... Johnny Abbott being not raised by his rapist mother Chelsea, and instead adopted by Victoria?

(Just trying to figure out if you meant to post the photo on this current Y&R thread or on the old Y&R thread).  I guess it works either way.  Please forgive my lack of knowledge of history.  I love this board because you all know so much!

Edited by janea4old

• Members

To keep Adam frontburner at any cost! I frankly cant stand the character or actor, who always looks like in hes in heroin recovery. Him and his flat ass can skate off my screen permanently! They are wasting a few bad girls on him when they could be stirring up trouble otherwise. Sally could be a spoiler for Chance and Abby right now, or plotting a takeover from Phyllis.

• Members

I thought that was how they were going to place Sally from the jump. But nope, Jack, Adam, and playing high school mean girl to Summer and Kyle.

It *seems* as if they are planting seeds to use Chelsea as a spoiler for Sharon and Rey, but that’s a big “Who cares?”

• Members

I have rarely seen a show having so much trouble figuring out what to do with a character and being all over the place trying so many things as Y&R has with Sally.

I like CH and I like Sally - at least as she was established on B&B and as potential - but boy is this is so awkward to watch them flail about with this character.