Cosmetic Work of the Soap Stars

• Members

Thought I'd resurrect one of the most popular threads from the past.

Let's talk about who's had work done and our thoughts about it. hopefully we'll get some input from our esteemed poster Daytime Fan.

I was inspired by photos of Lisa Rinna in Beyond Salem. She seems to be taking her look to the extreme.

Lisa Rinna, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Days of our Lives, Days of our Lives: Beyond Salem

Edited by Paul Raven

• Paul Raven changed the title to Cosmetic Work of the Soap Stars
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't know if this is meant to be just daytime, but Joan Van Ark.  When she was young she had a simple, natural look and beauty.  Girl next door, pretty.  Then went way overboard.  In a Kim Novak kind of way, not quite as extreme but close.  (Not totally on topic but in Kim's case, and kind of Joan's, you wouldn't even know they were the same person as when they were young....at least I can say with Hunter T., and Lisa R., they have gone overboard but I can probably recognize them as the same person, had you not seen it all happen on screen over the years.  In Kim and Joan's case, if you hadn't been watching along over the years, I think you may not know they were the same people).

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

The Knots Landing Ladies

Joan is 78,  Donna is 80 and Michelle is 79. Donna and Michelle look nowhere near their ages but Joan's work has been a problem for years. Nonetheless its kind of spooky to realize they are that old and to think of 'ordinary' folk you know of that age.

The hands are always a problem. People forget to apply sunscreen from an early age to their hands.

i wonder how they would look in real life. I saw Joan Rivers once and she was had the face and big hair on this tiny skeletal body.

Actresses Michele Lee, Donna Mills and Joan Van Ark

• Members

I have thought Donna Mills has looked incredible.  You know she has had work done but it is not extreme or too much.  She looks great, certainly looks older, but not trying to look 30 again.  Joan Collins as well- again, she looks older but like herself.

Susan Lucci also looks incredible.  I know diet, exercise, sunscreen, etc has played a part- but as RuPaul says I have no doubt she has been touched by an angel.

Kristina Wagner also looks incredible, and Finola looks pretty great.  Although there have been times over the years where I felt her work needed to settle a bit to look natural.

• Members

I don't get the trend to try to look ageless or go back 30 plus years. Just do the old fashioned thing and look well rested and maybe 5 - 10 years younger at most or just really healthy for your age.

I think if I ever had any work done, I would simply try to look good for my age rather than 20 again

• Members

To my eye what looks odd are the male hunks of my youth as they age today.  !990s male soap stars were so tan and angular.  However, it is true that as you age your nose and ears continue to grow.  So, today men like Steve Burton, Ronn Moss, and even Don Diamont are all cheekbones and sun damage with huge ears and long noses.  It reminds me of the old ABFAB line, "your entire face just hangs off of your cheekbones."

Many of the women that we've looked at in this thread have plumped things up.  However, the men just look hollow cheeked with single process dye jobs, like a deflated black balloon at the end of a New Year's Eve party. 

I do not envy anyone who has to age on screen, everyday, with magazine photos of their younger days all over the internet.  It is no wonder that they go to such extremes.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

Great to see this topic resurrected, thank you @Paul Raven!

Lisa Rinna: I think Lisa is leaning into an overall exaggerated look. She is 58 and retains very good skin and her body is in great shape. I think her new penchant for wearing long wigs is ageing. When she has her usual shaggy cut she still looks pretty good, but I think she would do herself justice to relax what she's doing. 

Dame Joan Collins: There are few women who look damn good at 88. Dame Joan is one of those women. It's rumoured she had a deep plane facelift in 1988 at the hands of the esteemed Brazilian surgeon Ivo Pitanguy. If that bears true she likely had her upper eyelids done as well, but wisely left her lower eyelids alone so her eyes have not changed shape, a common side effect of too tight blepharoplasty. Joan is an outspoken advocate of HRT, so her skin retains a lot of youthfulness that only hormones can provide. But Joan is also very skilled with makeup, she piles on the wigs and the lashes, and also uses old school tricks like lifting tapes to really sculpt her cheekbones, you can just make out one in this photo - look at the right side of the photo and you'll just be able to spot it:

Please register in order to view this content

Donna Mills: beautiful work. I suspect she has used HRT to retain some of her youthful looks which even the best cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists cannot recreate. It also helps that Donna wears the most expensive, best quality, perfect lace front wigs that money can buy. It really helps her maintain the 'look' she developed through her career. You can (barely) see the lace front along her hairline in this close up:

Jackie Zeman: Her work has settled and her worst days are behind her. Nothing heals bad work quite like time: