Cosmetic Work of the Soap Stars

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I really do try to be more on the positive side when it comes to this topic.  I would hate to be under this scrutiny and at times really mean comments.  But I think Deidre’s work is very noticeable, and while she looks great, she could very easily go too far if she doesn’t lay off for a few years of any procedures.

And I wish Leslie Charleson had stopped with her work by the time we got to that bottom photo posted earlier.  She still looked like Monica, just older.  Now she suffers greatly from her face not moving at all.

Jackie does look much better.  Still kind of breaks my heart when you look at her when she had that major work done that changed the shape of her face in the very late 1990’s.  I thought she looked great, just older.  Then she came back and it was so noticeable.

• Members

@Paul Raven

Deidre has her twin sister for comparison. They're both good looking women, but the difference is clear. Deidre looks to have had careful, conservative work over the years that have gone a long way to maintaining her looks. 

Please register in order to view this content

Lauren Koslow is an interesting one because she has really not changed and looks quite ageless, but I'd note she never looked young even when she was a young woman on Y&R and B&B. She always had a mature look to her that has obviously served her well as she's gone down the path of life.

Lauren as Margot on B&B (between 1987 - 1992):

Lauren has hardly changed since then. Like Donna Mills and Joan Collins, I'd expect that Lauren uses HRT, she is vegan, and has taken very careful care of her skin. As well, she is the wife of a makeup artist, so she knows what she's doing. I'd suspect very good Botox and she's clearly a face that benefits from filler to replace the natural volume that's lost over time. 

• Members

There were a few women in the turn of the new millennium that I suspect had blepharoplasty (Eileen Davidson between 1999-2000 and Hunter Tylo somewhere between 1998-1999).

I've mentioned this on the B&B thread a while back, but the most noticeable blepharoplasty was probably Katherine Kelly Lang in late 2001, along with mild skin tightening. The below images were both taken between July/August 2001.

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

• Members

I think one of the mistakes these women make is trying to look 20 again. So they pull and pull and it just looks freaky.

Success stories like Donna Mills or Joan Collins is work that is more subtle. They look appropriately older but just not as old as they are. Raquel Welch (I guess Central Park West qualifies her for this thread, right? lol) also looks pretty great.

On the other hand, while Victoria Principal looks good on the video shared above thanks to good lighting and makeup, her appearance on Titans was distractingly "altered" looking. I don't believe she has had nothing done.

And then there is Botox that has certainly been distracting for certain actress although some of them (like Maura West) came back from it and their face settled well enough.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

I agree there is a certain visual resemblance! 

On a side note out of curiosity - are you sure about the politics thing? I kvow Ingo has been pretty vocal about his views but I don't see Jeff stating his political views anywhere. A web search says he is a registered Democrat who did Trump impersonations, and he also appears to be in a long-term same-sex marriage/relationship.

• Members

We had a conversation here a few months ago where people were finding it an interesting coincidence that three of the Thornes turned out to be Trumpers.
So I was left with that impression but maybe I or someone in the initial conversation got their wires crossed with his impersonation or with Norcross?
The fact he is gay, however, is not a reason to be skeptical. You would be shocked (I know I am appalled every time) how many gay men are/were wholehearted supporters of Trump.
Either way it is not the most botched plastic surgery I have seen (at least on photo) but he doesn't look like himself.

• Members

This is exactly it. A lot of people who end up looking messy are either trying too hard to look young or have OCD tendencies where they see *something* wrong and have to fix it (Joan Van Ark comes to mind here). The truth is, most people in Hollywood has had some sort of procedures done and are just lying about it. Would anyone have really guessed that Betty White had a blepharoplasty in 1976 if she hadn't admitted it?

Edited by te.