DAYS: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

He's the worst character on the show hands down. All of his relationships on the show, like this crap with Marlena, are just offensive. He "killed" her grandson, yet they're BFF. I would love to see him, Ciara, and Claire all leave. RSW needs to go back to The Price is Right, lol. 

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He doesn't do anything!   All he does is repeat the same stuff about Ciara like 4 days a week to different characters.   Seriously what has Ben done in months?  He is either being creepy with Ciara or talking to others about how creepily he's obsessed with Ciara.  The show has a way out.  Write him off with Ciara.  That will make the Cin fans get a happy ending and they can come back and visit after a nice long honeymoon and break from our screens.

• Members

Me too. But sadly we're stuck with him. What happened to the days of firing the actor because the actress left? lol now all of a sudden they want to keep them around and cater to the actress? Cin is nothing but stanbaiting at it's worst. 

Right? What an absolute waste of her airtime. Sigh. Make it make sense. #BenIsAPet LOL

Edited by KMan101

• Members

EXACTLY.

I hate everything about Ben.

Ron doesn't know subtle if it hit him in the face. He forces so much crap. 

And I wouldn't mind, say Jack and Xander, if these people's airtime weren't devoted to The Writer's pets and they had more natural interactions with their, you know, family. We used to get both in a show with an actual budget and someone who could plot a storyline. 

We FINALLY have Jack back and what do we get? No Jennifer, Abby or JJ. Yet here's his insta-daughter (that we all liked until he started forcing it and making Abby 'seem worse'). Make it make sense? (EDIT: How could I forget a dead Laura treated like a dayplayer?)

Ron doesn't do storylines. He does plot points.

I will say something nice in that I appreciate the use of Tony, that's all I've wanted for the character, just be the 'head of the family' and pop in and be supporting. I'd like more of Anna but I know the show has no budget.

And the treatment of Marlena/John and their airtime with their family has been weird for years and years now. I've long heard Alarr or a producer hated their family. It would all make sense if Alarr were a Ben stan but I feel like that goes to Ron.

(Rumors, take it for what you will, had Alarr as a Suzanne/Maggie stan, taking that side and not wanting Marlena to have too much family on the canvas. And the editor too. Fay or whoever. There's a reason certain people get cut but others don't.) Some of it makes sense to me, some of it seems a bit far fetched but who knows? I can buy it.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

It baffles me TPTB did not keep Cady McClain on as Jennifer, or that we haven't even had news of her returning.
I'm hoping once Marci Miller returns we will have McClain following behind her, because it is a bit awkward with Jack living in the Horton home with his "insta-retcon daughter," and Jennifer is M.I.A.

• Members

I hope so! I'm kinda hoping a recast Peter Blake has them both hostage

Please register in order to view this content

LOL

I know they did give Jack stuff with Abby and JJ but it just bugs me we finally have him back and he's playing father to Gwen and Xander.

I agree. Would love more of him and Anna. It's just nice having them both 'around' instead of appearing and then disappearing for the rest of the year. They can both be used a little bit more, especially Anna.