Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Most Unnecessary Miscarriages

• Members
On 6/15/2021 at 2:40 PM, Darn said:

My mind immediately went to Tad and Dixie. I was pretty young and in school but I vaguely recall someone pointing out that blood was dripping down Dixie's leg. They might have even shown it. The fact that we never got to see them experience a pregnancy and birth as a couple after all they went through is pretty sad.

If that is the story where all of the men in the Martin family hounded Dixie nonstop about getting an abortion (she did not want to because she feared she would never be able to have a child due to giving a kidney to Del), the story was so incredibly offputting it helped drive me away from being a regular viewer of the show. 

• Members
On 6/18/2021 at 7:35 AM, SoapDope said:

Pam's second miscarriage on Dallas. She had already had the first one when she fell from the hayloft. Then a year later she was pregnant again and was thrown from a horse. Why ??? They did that neuro fiber whatcha-ma-call-it story that amounted to nothing since she was not Digger's daughter. They then spend 9 years with Pam wanting a child, then not wanting a child, then wanting a child and going crazy trying to kill herself by not having a child. Then when she get's fried in the car accident, she was on her way to tell Bobby she could....guess what ? Have a child. 

LMAO!! I really agree with you about this. I had no problem with the hayloft situation, cause im not a fan characters getting pregnant so early in series. But all those others were pointless and stupid. I was over the whole baby journey once she tried to throw herself off a building from feeling empty.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
11 minutes ago, amybrickwallace said:

I would say all of them. To me, it's a cheap, cavalier plot device. 

Not in all instances. I thought Alexis firing the gun on Dynasty, causing Krystle to miscarry was a great moment that really showed Alexis' true colours and of course led to Krystle eventually beating the crap out of Alexis.