Y&R May 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

A few years ago during the summer I was watching Guiding Light episodes circa 1991 for the first time. And the character of Roger Thorpe was the big bad of the show. However, all the roads didn't lead back to Roger like every road on this show for the most part leads back to Adam. This is why I wished he would've stayed dead after Justin Hartley left for This Is Us. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ah, Roger Thorpe. They don’t conceive characters as layered and complex as that anymore. And yes, I know Michael Zaslow was a huge part of that. Current soaps write shallow ‘types’ for what I think they feel is a dumber, less engaged viewer.

• Members

Why does Faith need a kidney? How would planning Summers stupid 2nd (or 3rd?)wedding to Kyle help cheer her up? 

I like Karla Mosley as Amanda! 

Oh Roger Thorpe, Alan Spaulding, James Warwick.... I miss the villainous men of yesteryear.

Edited by Chatty Cakes

• Members

I like Adam as well and think the actor is easy on the eyes and does a good portrayal. What I haven’t liked is Chelsea in her diarrhea colored track suit for months plotting against him when he hasn’t  really done anything terribly Adamish in a long time. 
At this point I am ready for him to become Sharon’s new lover. I wanted to love Rey but their love is too new to be this stale. 
Victor, your brought Chelsea Lawson here to destroy Billy Boy so you need to take some responsibility!

• Members

EXACTLY!   And caused her brain aneurysm in that power failure when she was in the elevator, which caused her to be paralyzed. I have NO sympathy or empathy for Adam, Victor or Sharon.   Terrible writing.   Terrible not following history.  Total destruction of Sharon.   Total focus on Adam and Victor.  SICK of this crap!

• Members

Sharon's neck is extremely distracting and she has done absolutely nothing with that lifeless, stringy hair. Why she insists on not getting a layered cut after all these years is beyond reason.   

The actress who plays Tara is grossly miscast.

YR is not just boring. It's offensively boring.