Y&R May 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Way back to Bill Bell,they should have held up on the marriages.

Since his departure, it only got worse. 

The pointless remarriages are equally damaging.

What was gained from Nikki/Jack, Phyllis/Jack and Nick/ Phyllis round 2?

They have been holding off on weddings in recent years for a lot of characters because of those short sighted decisions.

But they are making the same mistakes with younger viable characters eg Kyle/Summer/Abby.

Bringing on Ana, Fen, recast Scott and Reed, maybe Daniel etc would keep older characters onscreen involved in their  lives and could 'rest' them somewhat

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I always found this annoying. Like viewers forgot she had nothing to do with that Adam and now they can’t stay out of each other’s orbit. 
I wanted to like Rey with Sharon he’s been rather dull. I think the Rosales family could have been written better instead of all in and now almost all out.

• Members

There are no definitive comparison between soaps that I can find but looking at legendary long-time characters, Victor's 14 so far is the male record (Adam Chandler was 13), at least among the long-running characters I could think of as candidates.
Record-holder so far, to noone's surprise, is B&B's Brooke who has been married 15 times but only to 7 men (she has married Ridge eight times which IS the record I can find of repeats). Erica Kane was "only" 11 times to 9 men

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

To be entirely fair - and I have issues with the plotting at B&B and indeed the short-term memory - the show is INTENDED to be camp. I don't think Bell Jr ever hid that. You don't create a show with a character like Sally Spectra (the original) without knowing what you are doing.

• Members

Alan Locher will welcome Y&R’s Tricia Cast (Nina), Michael Corbett (ex-David) and Jess Walton (Jill) to his YouTube show, The Locher Room. The trio will participate in a live interview on Wednesday, May 20 at 3 p.m. ET,

• Members

Josh Griffith needs to stop with these stand alone crappy episodes.  Whether it's Billy or Adam, they always stink.

I like Grossman, but they need to rest him for a bit for recovery and

longer.

Boy they really don't like JV or Rey, making the character , a detective, look this stupid.

• Members

He is obviously right but this is particularly stupid because this is the SAME TRICK they used back when they first wanted to pair Sharon and Adam together in 2010 and they had Adam save Faith from a falling barn beam.
The SAME trick with the SAME character to sell the SAME couple. How lazy.