Y&R May 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Why is this completely ignored? He also caused her to get paralyzed, and THEN kissed Sharon while she was paralyzed. Like how is he not the bad guy in this situation?

Even when MM was in the role, Adam always preferred Sharon.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Random musing: I saw a  bizarre ad for American Girl dolls on YouTube and the title of the video was "The twins see Lily in Paris". And yes, the twins were black and somehow I immediately thought of Charlie and Matilda, lol. https://youtu.be/VoiQ7EAaCxg

I'm sorry but that was just too weird.

Dru, a ballet dancer once lived in Paris with her daughter Lily. 

Okay, well Lily's white but it's still a bizarre ad.

• Members

Is Lily Winters a businesswoman or a call girl? It's hard to tell these days. When did her character become such a trollop? The man is supposed to do the wooing, not the woman. Lily is just insecure and frightened to death of Victoria. That's why she always goes out of her way to impress a man who doesn't deserve her in the first place.  

• Members

Looks like Sharon Case is the new Michelle Stafford.

Huh? Lily is a call girl and a Trollope because she woos her man and looks good in a sparkly dress? Is this a parody post?

My problem with the wooing scene at Society was seeing that the restaurant was AGAIN closed down for the night so that one couple could have a romantic dinner. Yeah, that happens.

• Members

Yeah if you want to get picky. Chelsea’s done a lot herself. She raped Billy, she’s a con...etc Her and Adam were decent together at one time but the sun has set on their day in the sun.

I find it opposite  I think Victoria is the one scared of Lily.  All she has is her job and fighting for attention from daddy. Lily is a  young successful woman with a handsome lover. 

• Members

No it doesn't.   Adam right now appears to be guilty for attempted murder of Rey,  he's a wanted criminal, so not wrong at all, Sharon LOL!

I don't think he's ruined, they are trying to, but Sharon is the real ruined character and to a lesser degree so is Victor, but he's being true to form really.   That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Y&R axes Rey, so they can step to 100% shipping of Adam & Sharon. That pairing may get to me to stop viewing Y&R.  It will at least make me fast forward all of their scenes!!!

• Members

Adam is a wanted criminal, but only to people who hate him and to horrible police work by Rey. The evidence is laughable and there’s ONE cop on the case — who shouldn’t be anywhere near it.

I don’t see Sharon as ruined here at all. She’s always had something unexplainable for Adam, she’s always loved him in some way. Victor isn’t ruined either.

Josh Griffith is sacrificing Rey to this story, and that’s a shame. Rey doesn’t have to be written as a stupid, vindictive cop. It would be a better story if Sharon were truly torn between Adam and Rey— but she’s not. Once Lola is off the canvas, Rey has no ties to anyone. That’s not a good place for a character to be in.

• Members

I am going to be honest and say that I personally don't think it is possible to "ruin" Rey's character inasmuch there really was very very little to him in the first place.
I don't think he had been built up, developed, layered enough so far for anything they write now to be "ruining" him. At best we are talking potential but he is a pretty generic unremarkable character.

Likeable enough as a romantic interest, I suppose, but it is not like there are years of careful plotting and character development to sacrifice here.

And I agree with ranger: while Sharon's sudden obsession with Adam again has been very poorly plotted and resurfaced too randomly, it is not a new thing.
The people who resent Shadam will have been upset when she fell in love with him not too long after finding out about the baby switch. That's the point where you might consider the character "ruined" (I don't agree but I hear the argument). Reviving it now doesn't add any extra layer of "ruining". It is just the same plot point, just told less well. I don't think anyone cares enough about Rey himself to decide to hate Sharon because she is breaking his heart or something. It had been a middling romance at best.

All in all, the story does not feel like it has enough stakes anywhere for me to be as angry about it as many of you seem to be. It is NOT a good story and it is NOT well-written at all. But it is also more blah-meh-groan than an outrage as far as I am concerned.